Windows 10: Windows 10 will not let family member child account login

Discus and support Windows 10 will not let family member child account login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am setting up a child account on a laptop that I have been using for a couple months. I have completed the child account setup process completely,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Prowl33, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Prowl33 Win User

Windows 10 will not let family member child account login

I am setting up a child account on a laptop that I have been using for a couple months. I have completed the child account setup process completely, the account shows up on the laptop, but when I try to login to it, it never fully logs in, and just kicks me back to the login screen. It does not give an error.

I did test this exact same process on my desktop PC, and I was able to sign-in to the child account on it with no problem, doing everything exactly the same.

:)

Prowl33, Nov 8, 2020

2. Child Account not showing up at login

Hello,

1. Have you verified the date of birth you setup for these child accounts?

If you have not setup their date of birth properly on
    https://account.live.com/,
    we suggest you login your children's account and apply the complete details and update the account. After updating the profile information, remove and re-add the child account on the Family Safety website.

Please follow these steps on how to remove a child and re-add it as a member of your Family Safety program.

To remove a member, follow these steps:

1. Log in to https://fss.live.com.

2. Click Remove a family member.

3. Select the member you want to remove by selecting the checkbox on the right of each member.

4. Click Remove, confirm it by clicking Remove again.

To add the member again, follow these:

1. Click Add a new child.

2. You will be asked to sign in the member you want to add. Click Sign in at the right side of the option "Does this child has a Windows Live ID?"

3. Sign in using the child account. After entering the child account, it should appear as the member.

Reference:

Keep your kids safer on the PC

Add people to your family group

Kindly let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Family member accepted invite to family, but does not show in parent account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

Have you verified the date of birth you setup for these child accounts?

If you have not setup their date of birth properly on
    https://account.live.com/
    , we suggest you login your children's account and apply the complete details and update the account. After updating the profile information, remove and re-add the child account on the Family Safety
    website.

Please follow these steps on how to remove a child and re-add it as a member of your Family Safety program.

To remove a member, follow these steps:
    1. Log in to
    https://fss.live.com

2. Click Remove a family member.

3. Select the member you want to remove by selecting the checkbox on the right of each member.

4. Click Remove, confirm it by clicking Remove again.

To add the member again, follow these:

1. Click Add a new child.

2. You will be asked to sign in the member you want to add. Click Sign in at the right side of the option "Does this child has a Windows Live ID?"

3. Sign in using the child account. After entering the child account, it should appear as the member.

Reference:
    Keep your kids safer on the PC

Add people to your family group

Hope this helps. Get back to us if the issue persist. We are happy to help.

Swathi Ravichandran, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Syed N Win User

Adding a child family member

Hello Joni,

Apologies for the delay in the response.

If you are still facing the issue, please delete and re-add the account.

• Login to
      https://account.microsoft.com/family#/
    • Under Your Family, click Remove.
    • Click on the child account name and then click Remove.
    • Now, re-add the child account by logging into your admin account in Windows.
    Let us know the status. Appreciate your patience.

Syed N, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 will not let family member child account login - Similar Threads - let family member

2. Why are family member accounts not showing at login screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are family member accounts not showing at login screen?: I was having issues with a driver on my Dell G3 15 3500 laptop and decided to reset the PC removed all applications and data. After reset, I am the only account who can log into the laptop. My family has been added via "Accounts>Family and other users" and I see the accounts...
  3. Why are family member accounts not showing at login screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are family member accounts not showing at login screen?: I was having issues with a driver on my Dell G3 15 3500 laptop and decided to reset the PC removed all applications and data. After reset, I am the only account who can log into the laptop. My family has been added via "Accounts>Family and other users" and I see the accounts...
  4. family group child member cannot join

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family group child member cannot join: Hello,My childs account was removed and added to another family group account which no one has access to anymore. How can I have his account re-joined. I can login to my account and his but he cannot leave the other family group account....
  5. family group child member cannot join

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    family group child member cannot join: Hello,My childs account was removed and added to another family group account which no one has access to anymore. How can I have his account re-joined. I can login to my account and his but he cannot leave the other family group account....
  6. family group child member cannot join

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?

Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?: Hi there,So I've added my wife as a family member so she can use my pc, but since she is not that computer literate I've added her as a member and not as orginiser. By doing that, she has received the email saying that I would like her to join my family as a child. After you...
  8. Family Member cannot login to Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Family Member cannot login to Windows: I just added my husband as a "family member" on a brand new laptop. When I click on Microsoft Edge the window blinks but will not open. Please help!!!! I can open Windows if I am logged in but not my "family member"....
  9. windows 10 child family member's account not syching

windows 10 child family member's account not syching: I have a windows family member child account on my laptop. My child can log in using his account credentials, but none of the account settings such as content restrictions and screen time applies on the laptop. It all works fine on the family desktop PC. The family account...
  10. See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member How to See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and...