Windows 10: Windows 10 will not let me do system image, recovery, restore!!! Help--Please!!

Discus and support Windows 10 will not let me do system image, recovery, restore!!! Help--Please!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell Optiplex 780 desktop it crashed and the only thing that came up on the screen was no operating system found press control alternate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mark555777, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 will not let me do system image, recovery, restore!!! Help--Please!!

I have a Dell Optiplex 780 desktop it crashed and the only thing that came up on the screen was no operating system found press control alternate delete to restart. I tried using a system image off another computer that has Windows 10, I tried downloading from Microsoft the Windows 10 ISO on a disc when I start the computer I go to F12 which allows me to bring up a boot menu and I have it boot from the CD and I can get it to boot up and load Windows and it goes to advanced options, it will not let me restore from a system image or or recover from another point in time, tried startup repair, tried every option on the advanced options menu, nothing works. I even tried safemode, safemode with command prompt and tried entering several commands to reset, restore, nothing works....

Anyone can help, Please....

Thanks

:)

Mark555777, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Jetster Win User

windows 10 worth the upgrade?

I just tested Windows image back up in windows 10. They put the system imaging back into Windows after taking it out in Windows 8. Last month after I did a clean install I made an Image.
    Its a little hidden. After creating an image. To restore:
    Settings/update and security/recovery/restart now/advance/use image

It literally took 10 minutes to restore my system

To make an Image just use Backup and restore in the control panel it says (Windows 7)

Jetster, Nov 27, 2018
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Try3 Win User

Windows 10 will not let me do system image, recovery, restore!!! Help--Please!!

How to restore system image backup

Ryan,

Whilst I can find the tutorial for making a system image [Create a System Image], I cannot find one about restoring it at the moment so here are my own notes on the procedure - [I never see the message windows need to format the drive... so I am not sure where you are when you see that]

[Added later - There is an illustrated guide to restoring a system image in Restore Image on Computer - EightForums. The procedure seems to be the same and the illustrations should be helpful.]

1 Go to

• Settings,
    • Update & security,
    • Recovery,
    • Under the Advanced startup heading, click on the button for Restart now.

2 This will take you into the onboard Windows recovery environment [WRE], a menu-driven environment -

• Troubleshoot,
    • Advanced options,
    • System image recover.

3 You will be rebooted into the System image recovery procedure -

• Connect the drive containing the image,
    • Accept the latest image identified by the system or Select a image,
    • The rest is entirely menu driven.
    • [Whilst there are some options that can be chosen, the defaults are normally off for all these and should be accepted.]

There are variations of this procedure such as starting the restoration from an installation disk, system repair disk or System recovery drive [see page 2 of this thread].

Denis

Thema:

Windows 10 will not let me do system image, recovery, restore!!! Help--Please!!

1. Windows 10 will not let me do system image, recovery, restore!!! Help--Please!! - Similar Threads - let system image

2. Windows 10 - Windows System Image Recovery will not complete a system restore!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Windows System Image Recovery will not complete a system restore!: I have a 256GB SSD running Windows 10 on my HP Laptop I created a System Image with Windows system image tool. I created a bootable system USB, I don't have a diskette and or a CD Drive so thumb drive is my only choice I removed the original 256GB SSD and installed a 512GB...
  3. Windows 10 - Windows System Image Recovery will not complete a system restore!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Windows System Image Recovery will not complete a system restore!: I have a 256GB SSD running Windows 10 on my HP Laptop I created a System Image with Windows system image tool. I created a bootable system USB, I don't have a diskette and or a CD Drive so thumb drive is my only choice I removed the original 256GB SSD and installed a 512GB...
  4. Windows 10 - Windows System Image Recovery will not complete a system restore!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot restore windows via System Image Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot restore windows via System Image Recovery: Ok so basically I wanted to get rid of the drive windows was on and put it on another drive. Normally I'd do a clean install, but it was a bit too soon for me doing another one of those the hassle of getting everything set up again, so I googled how to move windows 10 to...
  6. Cannot restore windows via System Image Recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot restore windows via System Image Recovery: Ok so basically I wanted to get rid of the drive windows was on and put it on another drive. Normally I'd do a clean install, but it was a bit too soon for me doing another one of those the hassle of getting everything set up again, so I googled how to move windows 10 to...
  7. Cannot restore windows via System Image Recovery

8. PLEASE HELP. System Restore not working Windows 10

PLEASE HELP. System Restore not working Windows 10: Hello, My Rocket League save file was corrupted I pulled the plug duringshutdown while RL was running because I was angry :P and now my playtime isgone. Just my items and level were still there as those are stored on the gamesserver. I realised that I had luckily created a...
  9. [help] Restoring a system image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] Restoring a system image: I tried looking on the internet for an answer, but didn't find any. Can I restore a PC running windows 10 pro using a system image that was created from windows 10 home? submitted by /u/stabberofficial [link] [comments]...
  10. Please anyone help me about windows 10 image recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Please anyone help me about windows 10 image recovery: Please guys I'm asking about windows 10 image recovery , when i made a back up image its create in device manager in disk drives a hidden 3 disks called ( microsoft virtual disk ) , please i m asking about what is these hidden disk ? & if i made after that uninstall it will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows not letting me retore image backup