Windows 10: Windows 10 will not let me sign in to my account to access my computer

Discus and support Windows 10 will not let me sign in to my account to access my computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Bought a Dell in August with Windows 10 installed on it. Suddenly in November when I booted up my computer instead of letting me sign in I got a box... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by granny42, Jan 15, 2017.

1. granny42 Win User

Windows 10 will not let me sign in to my account to access my computer

Bought a Dell in August with Windows 10 installed on it. Suddenly in November when I booted up my computer instead of letting me sign in I got a box with the following message:
    We can't sign into your account. This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. If you don't sign out now, any files you create or changes you make will be lost.
    Of course I signed out and then the same box kept popping up. I can use my computer but any gaming etc. I do isn't saved and every time I fire up the computer I start all over. So... I literally reinstalled my operating system and within days it was right back where I started. I am not very computer literate and I need help.

:)

granny42, Jan 15, 2017

2. Will not let me sign in to my Microsoft account on phone, fine on computer

A similar thing is happening to me too, possibly because when I set up a new (not this Microsoft account) Microsoft account on the phone to initialise it I gave my birthday as a recent date without thinking. The problem is now I can't download apps without
    it saying I have to parental consent, and when I sign in with that live.com email address I can't seem to be able to get into the account and change the details, although I can change the details on the account I am using to reply to you. Can you please help
    me? Cheers! I am in the UK by the way.

Honoured Boy, Jan 15, 2017
  3. Will not let me sign in to my Microsoft account on phone, fine on computer

Hi Danjeris,

Thank you for posting on the Forum.

If you are not able to sign on to your Microsoft account on the phone access
    http://account.live.com
    and check all the account's details in Personal info, then go to Security info and check if the Two step verification option is turned on, if it is turned on, turn it off. Then go to
    Xbox | Games and Entertainment on All Your Devices and sign in with the Microsoft account, if it asks you to accept the terms of use, accept them. Then, if that Microsoft account is set on the phone in Settings>email+accounts>Microsoft
    account, do a soft reset by pressing and holding the power button and the volume down button for a few seconds until the phone restarts, then set up the date and time manually. If there is no Microsoft account on the phone do a hard reset and if you want to
    backup some files, connect the phone to the PC.

Kind regards,

Martina C., Jan 15, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Jan 15, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 will not let me sign in to my account to access my computer - Similar Threads - let sign account

2. My computer won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer won’t let me sign in: I just bought my computer second hand from cousin who used it for school, and i had to factory reset it because it still had all of his information on it. the first time i tried to reset it, it died or something before it could finish. i say or something because even though...
  3. My computer won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won’t let me sign in: I just bought my computer second hand from cousin who used it for school, and i had to factory reset it because it still had all of his information on it. the first time i tried to reset it, it died or something before it could finish. i say or something because even though...
  4. My computer won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer will not let me sign in to my account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer will not let me sign in to my account: It has been a few days now since I was able to sign into my account on my HP Pavilion. I have checked Google and have tried what I found there but nothing has helped so far. I now can't access any of my accounts on this computer. Can anyone help?...
  6. My computer will not let me sign in to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer will not let me sign in to my account: It has been a few days now since I was able to sign into my account on my HP Pavilion. I have checked Google and have tried what I found there but nothing has helped so far. I now can't access any of my accounts on this computer. Can anyone help?...
  7. My computer will not let me sign in to my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 not letting me sign into my Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 not letting me sign into my Microsoft account: I recently had a power issue where my PC is and when the issue was fixed, I tried logging into my account and found that I had lost my pin and had to use my Microsoft Password to sign in. I tried using it, and it said that the password was incorrect. So I attempted reseting...
  9. My computer won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer won't let me sign in: I recently tried to upgrade my computer from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and it is not letting me sign in when I try to it say just says just a moment then says signing out black screens that brings me back to the welcome screen I was trying to see if I could get into a...
  10. Computer will not let me sign into my account after password reset!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer will not let me sign into my account after password reset!: Windows 10 badgered me to change my password after hardware change. I changed my password, now windows doesn't recognize new password (I documented it before I changing it!)!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i switch on my dell inspiron laptop it says we cant sign into your account. how can i fix it?