Windows 10: Windows 10 will not open files on older CDs.

Discus and support Windows 10 will not open files on older CDs. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am new to Windows 10 and am doing fairly well. Windows 10 will not open files on some of my older CDs. The two that I need to access now have .jpg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Denver D.Farley, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 will not open files on older CDs.

I am new to Windows 10 and am doing fairly well. Windows 10 will not open files on some of my older CDs. The two that I need to access now have .jpg files on them. Isn't there some suggested way to access these CDs without some overly complicated process ? I am willing to purchase a device that will help for some reasonable price. Help please.

:)

Denver D.Farley, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2020
  3. CD-Rs won't open.

The CD-Rs are anything from 5 to 8 years old. I stopped using XP in 2011. But as I said, these discs would open on the Windows 7 computer without hassle. I also mentioned in my post that no, I haven't been able to try opening them on another system. Everyone
    I know seems to have tablet PCs nowadays or Macs. I'll try the other suggestions anyway and report back. Thanks for the advice.

RussThe Muso, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 will not open files on older CDs.

CD-Rs won't open.

Hello,

• How old is the CDR exactly? When did you write it?
    • Did you try it on a different system?
    As the disc was written on a different OS platform as well as an older writing application, there is a possibility the CD might be obsolete or corrupted.
    I suggest you to check the status of the issue on a different computer and see if the files appear. Further, try the below steps to check if the files are visible.

• Click search box, and then type cmd.
    • Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
    • In front of the CD/DVD drive letter, type DIR and check if you’re able to find the files.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 will not open files on older CDs.

1. Windows 10 will not open files on older CDs. - Similar Threads - open files older

2. cds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cds: Hi I was just wondering. how can I make a cd back to when I first insert it to choose if it is like a usb or like a cd/DVD thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cds/3f3e5c97-7628-4f37-be87-79c80c34bd6b
  3. Unable to Open older MS Office files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Open older MS Office files: Some of my older MS Office files now have a "gray X" in their document icon. I cannot open those files now. No error message. What is the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-older-ms-office-files/31c1afd0-c379-4fef-a957-5456f25a2d5d"
  4. CDs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CDs: I have a dell 65XXI forgetlaptop Gotwindows10 several weeks ago Do not look at or listen to CDs often… cannot now see or hear any CD Device manager shows a dvd someting drive that says it is working properly I do not know if that is the same as an optical disk drive...
  5. File Explorer in Windows 10 not recognising dvds & cds.

File Explorer in Windows 10 not recognising dvds & cds.: When inserting a dvd or cd nothing happens. Disc drive & drivers are working properly but the discs don't show on File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-in-windows-10-not-recognising-dvds/a8fb5e2e-3d39-4c24-959c-4cd3528ae5b3"
  6. cds

cds: when I insert a cd video from a vacation I was on......how do I view it? i'm only able to hear it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cds/801d30e1-facf-49ab-bf2b-512cb527aa27
  7. windows 10 rip Cds

windows 10 rip Cds: my windows 10 won't rip cds to hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-rip-cds/3a9ac3ac-705b-48f9-a761-98fe230da09d"
  8. File Explorer rejecting CDS

File Explorer rejecting CDS: My Windows 10 File Explorer has unexpectedly started to reject CDs/DVDs, and has started to eject them from the disc drive. When I go into iTunes the CD works fines, however as soon as that happens the file explorer pops up and says that there is no CD inserted before...
  9. Opening Older Files with Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Older Files with Cortana: I am having trouble with Cortana. I cannot get it to open older files. Does anyone have any suggestions. I need to open a certain One Note file and an Open Office File. Cortana will open One Note and Open Office but will not open the file that I specify. Thank You in...
  10. How to open older *.hlp files in Win 10 (x64)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to open older *.hlp files in Win 10 (x64): Hi, While being aware this problem has been discussed before, none of the proposed solutions seem to work - at least not since the very latest major Win 10 update: before that the proposed tweaks, either here or on the Net, presented no problems. The phenomenon is known:...