Windows 10: Windows 10 will not open PDF or JPEG files

Discus and support Windows 10 will not open PDF or JPEG files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there I upgraded to W10 this morning, and since then, although everything seems to be OK, it will not open any PDF or JPEG files. I get an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GBfromDEvizes, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Windows 10 will not open PDF or JPEG files

Hi there

I upgraded to W10 this morning, and since then, although everything seems to be OK, it will not open any PDF or JPEG files. I get an error message for the JPEG something like, " illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion"

For the PDF files it says, "invalid value for registry".

As all of my work files are in PDF format, this is a headache

many thanks
    Graham

:)

GBfromDEvizes, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Kazzak63 Win User

Jpegs being downloaded as pdf, then can't open the file

I upgraded to windows 10 at the weekend. Aaaargh.

Very difficult to find everything again! But the most annoying thing which I can see how to resolve is that if I download a jpeg item from any source, it downloads it as a pdf but when I click on it to open it - I get an error message as Adobe tries to open
    it

'Adobe Reader could not open xxx.jpg because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged etc.'

Why is it downloading a jpeg as a pdf file and how do I stop it doing this any more?

And what's with the e-pdf whilst I'm on the subject - why can't I open files as pdfs any more - it's annoying - I've lost all my pdf type tools when it's an e-pdf.

But in the meantime please help re the pdf/jpeg issue.

Many thanks

Kazzak63, Aug 2, 2015
  3. JohnFry51 Win User
    How do you get windows 10 to scan a document as a word file or a pdf

Original title: windows 10

how do you get windows 10 to scan a document as a word file or a pdf

mine keeps doing it as a jpeg, or is there a way to change a jpeg to a word file or a pdf file?

JohnFry51, Aug 2, 2015
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

Windows 10 will not open PDF or JPEG files

Try right clicking on a file and choose 'Open with->Choose another app' and select, or browse to, the app you want to use.

This should replace the corrupted registry values.

5. Hi there

Many thanks Nus, that has solved the issue. I just needed to click the box to use Windows Picture Viewer as the default app to open and view the photos.

GBfromDEvizes, Aug 3, 2015
  6. VicF Win User
    When I right click I don't get the option to open with.....

VicF, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 will not open PDF or JPEG files

1. Windows 10 will not open PDF or JPEG files - Similar Threads - open PDF JPEG

2. convert pdf files to jpeg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    convert pdf files to jpeg: Does anyone know how to convert PDF files to JPEG in Windows 10? I received some pictures of a great niece that I would like to open in my photo editor so that I can print them but they came in PDF form and my photo editor will not accept PDF files. I am using Windows 10,...
  3. Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files

Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files: Hello Windows 10 can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files in Photo viewer/Photos/Paint app. windows edition - Windows 10 Pro windows version - 2004 Installed on - 2020-07-16 OS build - 19041.388 Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  4. change pdf to jpeg

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    change pdf to jpeg: I have Acrobat Reader XI but need jpeg for picture printing. Best app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pdf-to-jpeg/d2246713-6ac2-414d-99bc-5359afddd676
  5. Why cant I open JPEG or PDF files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why cant I open JPEG or PDF files: WHy can't I open JPEG or PDF files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-open-jpeg-or-pdf-files/27fb9eec-b270-4698-897e-0091554c5ef1
  6. Can not open jpeg files

Can not open jpeg files: Updated Windows 10 last night and now I can't access any jpeg files. All I get is the message "Package not found". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-jpeg-files/ec54d0d5-2d07-4027-a6ef-5f06b1c9848d"
  7. Error opening JPEG files

Error opening JPEG files: When I attempt to open a .JPG file holding a photograph, I get the message "Invalid value for registry". I never had any problem opening these files before. How do I fix this and get to my photos?...
  8. Opening JPEG files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening JPEG files: How can I get Windows 10 to open my JPEG files? The system suddenly decided to tell me it was unable to open my photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-jpeg-files/a69fd195-ca55-4a53-acf0-87e0a756b387
  9. Cannot open jpeg files

Cannot open jpeg files: ?? I am trying to work with images and I cannot open jeg files.. the windows photo view is not the option. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-jpeg-files/5efd03a1-cb88-45cd-93ca-e19b194086bb"
  10. JPEG image to pdf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    JPEG image to pdf: Hello. some time ago I had a piece of software that would convert a photo into a pdf. Bu the trick was it would allow me to resize the image to a larger size maybe print the image onto four or eight sheets of a4 paper then able to cut and join the four pieces together to make...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 will not open .jpeg