Windows 10: Windows 10 will not "Quick Format" a 3TB HDD

Discus and support Windows 10 will not "Quick Format" a 3TB HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I moved a 3TB HDD from a Windows 7 Pro computer to my new Windows 10 Pro computer. Rather than delete all the data, I thought it would be quicker to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David#Smith, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Windows 10 will not "Quick Format" a 3TB HDD

I moved a 3TB HDD from a Windows 7 Pro computer to my new Windows 10 Pro computer. Rather than delete all the data, I thought it would be quicker to just do a Quick Format. I was wrong. Disk Management just sat there doing nothing for over 45 minutes. I deleted all partitions in the drive and created one large partition and tried again. Same results.

I removed the HDD from the new computer and installed it in the old (Windows 7) computer. I did a Quick Format in a few seconds. I put the newly formatted HDD in the new computer and I'm in business.

What is the difference?

:)

David#Smith, Nov 8, 2018
  2. colontbel Win User

can win10 be installed in HDD over 3TB

Provide the tool as (Seagate is doing for their HDDs), to format the rest hitachi 3TB HDD capacityon new Win 10 Pro 64bit PC withot UEFI Bios to see beyond 2TB HDD capacity, wth te new MBR or GPT... . I contacted WD company, but they asked me to contact
    Microsoft.. But Im not sure if you can handle it, as always.

colontbel, Nov 8, 2018
  3. JimWynne Win User
    can win10 be installed in HDD over 3TB

What is your question?

JimWynne, Nov 8, 2018
  4. G.Simmons Win User

Windows 10 will not "Quick Format" a 3TB HDD

3tb+ HDD in Windows 10

Hi Vanessa,

1 - All my HDD are internal.

2 - The dynamic volume was created by spanning the unallocated space shown above on Disk 1 and Disk 2. That space used to show in disk management as Disk 3 and 4 and they were combined in to one dynamic volume.

As said the partitioning was done with Gigabytes 3Tb+ Unlock program.

In theory I suspect I could format the 746.52Mb from each drive and re-allocate it however it has files on which I am loath to delete.

G.Simmons, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 will not "Quick Format" a 3TB HDD

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 will not format 3tb?