Windows 10: Windows 10 will not recognize a commercial DVD movie

Discus and support Windows 10 will not recognize a commercial DVD movie in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a DELL 990 REFURBISHED TOWER COMPUTER CORE I5 31GHZ 8GB MEMORY 2TB HDD WINDOWS 10 PRO from Joy System bought from Staples.com As an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrendaV.Thompson, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Windows 10 will not recognize a commercial DVD movie

Hello,

I have a DELL 990 REFURBISHED TOWER COMPUTER CORE I5 31GHZ 8GB MEMORY 2TB HDD WINDOWS 10 PRO from Joy System bought from Staples.com

As an aside, I DO NOT recommend refurbished machines from Joy Systems who sells though Amazon, Staples, and other outlets.

The machine is running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 Installed on 05/11/2020 OS Build 18363.1256.

It has a Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @3.10GHz

8GB of installed Ram.

It is a 64-Bit operating system.

My DVD drive is a listed in the deice manager as a HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH70N ATA Device.

It mostly appears to be fine.

I can burn a CD or DVD and play them back.

I can read a commercial software or music CD

When I insert a burned DVD it plays back fine.

The issue is when I put in a commercial manufactured standard movie DVD. When I do so, regardless of the disk that I insert, it says that there is no disk and to insert a disk in the drive.

Again, it recognizes and opens a commercial software disk

It recognizes and opens a commercial music CD

It recognizes and allows us to burn to a blank DVD

It recognizes and opens a burned DVD

I have updated all drivers that I can find.

I have installed VLC Media Player 3.0.12 and K-Lite Codec Pack 16.0.0 basic

I have tried several different movies, some of which I have watched on other devices.This has done nothing to resolve this issue.

Can someone please advise why this drive/software may not be opening these commercially manufactured DVD movies, when it appears to be doing everything else that it is suppose to do, including burning DVDs and reading those DVD-Roms and to open all other disks that I have tried except for not a single commercial DVD Disk.

Thank you,

-B. Thompson

:)

BrendaV.Thompson, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Feb 10, 2021
  3. JeffLVSP Win User
    I cannot get a commercial DVD movie to play on my Windows 10

I have a Toshiba C55D with windows 10 and cannot get a commercial DVD movie to play. I have tried going to Windows media and opening the DVD. It shows the movie but will not open it.

JeffLVSP, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Windows 10 will not recognize a commercial DVD movie

Unable to play movie in Windows 10 DVD Player

Hi Michaela,

Thank you for updating on the status. We apologize for the delay in response.

I would like to ask if the movie is in a Blu-ray disc.

I suggest you to update the DVD/CD driver by following the steps below and check for status.

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 will not recognize a commercial DVD movie

1. Windows 10 will not recognize a commercial DVD movie - Similar Threads - recognize commercial DVD

2. Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue!: Hello,Two of my computers, both running Windows 10, have suddenly stopped recognizing movie DVDs i,e, discs formatted with VIDEO_TS files. I emphasize three points here: 1 this is a NEW problem. Both of these computers have played DVDs just fine in the past ever since...
  3. Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue!: Hello,Two of my computers, both running Windows 10, have suddenly stopped recognizing movie DVDs i,e, discs formatted with VIDEO_TS files. I emphasize three points here: 1 this is a NEW problem. Both of these computers have played DVDs just fine in the past ever since...
  4. Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 not reading purchased dvd movie

windows 10 not reading purchased dvd movie: I have a hp 15 TS Notebook laptop. The problem I am having is windows will not read a purchased DVD movie. It will read game CD's and DVD's as well as software CD's and DVD's also CD's and DVD's that I have written my self. I have checked with 10 different DVD movies all...
  6. Edit home movie dvd in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edit home movie dvd in windows 10: Anyone know how to download a home movie dvd in windows 10 and edit the audio music before burning a disc ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edit-home-movie-dvd-in-windows-10/02f28549-656e-4043-b913-fd6d30e55795"
  7. DVD movies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD movies: My PC won't play DVDs. I've downloaded an app, but I cannot seem to make it the default media player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-movies/ae17573a-7bd2-407c-9235-8308d9001ee0
  8. Burn Movie to DVD

Burn Movie to DVD: Matshita DVD drive will not burn a DVD. Power Calibration Failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-movie-to-dvd/ab0531a5-10a6-4ba6-8e0c-2063af386d49
  9. copying a movie dvd

copying a movie dvd: I am trying to copy a movie on a dvd onto a cd using windows media player. I only have one dvd/cd drive on my computer. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/copying-a-movie-dvd/feb29d92-38b5-43f3-9827-f1262acefa25
  10. burn movies to DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    burn movies to DVD: why can I no longer burn movies to a DVD. My computer says I may have to install latest update??? used to be able to make a movie and use Windows Media Player to burn it to a Disc No more what gives Please Thank You 39984