Windows 10: Windows 10 will not recognize a printer that has been on an HP laptop computer for 5 years

Discus and support Windows 10 will not recognize a printer that has been on an HP laptop computer for 5 years in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Printer stopped printing and after reloading drivers, Settings/Printers & Devices will not recognize the printer. Ran HP Printer & Scan Doctor and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnGreiner1, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 will not recognize a printer that has been on an HP laptop computer for 5 years

Printer stopped printing and after reloading drivers, Settings/Printers & Devices will not recognize the printer. Ran HP Printer & Scan Doctor and it found the printer but couldn't install driver and didn't update Settings/Printers & Devices that the printer exists. Any suggestions on how to get Windows 10 to recognize a printer?

:)

JohnGreiner1, Jun 22, 2020
  2. melw Win User

I have an HP Printer Laserjet 5 and am upgrading my computer Help!

I was not aware that was a 7th Group Forum
    I've been using my old computer with XP for years and it only had 2 gig of RAM so I upgraded to the Windows 7 with a new computer but it did not have the connection for the HP 5 as we had on the old computer
    Where can I get a step-by-step Direction on how to use the HP 5 on the newer
    Computer what type of cable do I need and the directions and how to do it would appreciate it thank you Mel

3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 and HP Printer

Hi,

The status of your printer will become offline if it can't communicate with your laptop. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried connecting your printer to another computer/laptop?
    • Have you tried connecting your laptop to another printer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to change the printer status to online. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you clear the spooler files and restart spooler service by clicking on this

link

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 22, 2020
  4. ArtTrier Win User

Windows 10 will not recognize a printer that has been on an HP laptop computer for 5 years

HP All In One Printer/Scanner/FAX J6400 series - Can't scan w/Windows 10

I have done everything that you have suggested and Windows 10 still will not allow me to scan. All my HP drivers are current and the HP online help process indicates that my printer is fine and online. Any other suggestions?

ArtTrier, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 will not recognize a printer that has been on an HP laptop computer for 5 years

1. Windows 10 will not recognize a printer that has been on an HP laptop computer for 5 years - Similar Threads - recognize printer has

2. Computer will not recognize printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not recognize printer: Running Windows 10. Printer is HP DeskJet 750C+. I have drivers from Windows 7. HP didn't update to Windows 10. Printer has worked in the past with these older drivers. Problem is I can't get the computer to recognize the plotter. If I can do that, I can install the drivers I...
  3. Computer will not recognize printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will not recognize printer: Running Windows 10. Printer is HP DeskJet 750C+. I have drivers from Windows 7. HP didn't update to Windows 10. Printer has worked in the past with these older drivers. Problem is I can't get the computer to recognize the plotter. If I can do that, I can install the drivers I...
  4. Computer will not recognize printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek board in Computer has been working for years, then stops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek board in Computer has been working for years, then stops?: No output devices found in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-board-in-computer-has-been-working-for/bc57fcbf-209f-442f-b2f9-a392d46da10b
  6. Realtek board in Computer has been working for years, then stops?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek board in Computer has been working for years, then stops?: No output devices found in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-board-in-computer-has-been-working-for/bc57fcbf-209f-442f-b2f9-a392d46da10b
  7. Realtek board in Computer has been working for years, then stops?

8. New laptop won't recognize old HP printer

New laptop won't recognize old HP printer: My new Jumper laptop with Windows 10 won't recognize my old HP Desktop 1660 printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-wont-recognize-old-hp-printer/e1d0074c-9bb7-4c78-80cf-d85acfa5a130
  9. Windows 10 requesting Activation when it has been active for 5 years and Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 requesting Activation when it has been active for 5 years and Troubleshooting: Afternoon, On Thursday my system prompted and stated Activate Windows and on Friday my Microsoft email/office stopped functioning as well. When I go to activate it states invalid activation key and directs me to the store. I have had this version installed for several years...
  10. Laptop audio has stopped after 5 years

Laptop audio has stopped after 5 years: Dell XPS 13 running the latest update of 64-bit Win 10. I've had this computer for 5 years. Now I can't get any audio out of it. The volume control appears normal, but it doesn't make the usual beeps when I adjust it, and no sound comes out of the laptop's built-in speakers,...