Windows 10: windows 10 will not recognize cd when installed

Discus and support windows 10 will not recognize cd when installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; windows 10 will not recognize cd when installed. just says no disc installed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wildbill447, Feb 27, 2019.

1. windows 10 will not recognize cd when installed

windows 10 will not recognize cd when installed. just says no disc installed.

:)

Wildbill447, Feb 27, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Install CD RECORDER GP 50 - Windows 10

Hi Bernie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the model of the PC?

I suggest you to go through the Hardware Installation section in the
    Owner’s Manual
    to know to install the CD recorder. If the drive is not recognized by Windows after installing, try the troubleshooting steps listed in
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 27, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 27, 2019
  4. djburkes Win User

windows 10 will not recognize cd when installed

CD-RW not recognized???

I just purchased a new case, motherboard, and hard drive. The motherboard is an ASUS P5AD2-E Premium. I installed everything last night along with a new SATA 150 300GB Maxtor hard drive. When I booted up everything went ok to begin with, I was able to enter bios and everything. I was wanting to install a fresh copy of Windows on this hard drive but my CD-RW isn't recognized. The CD-RW is hooked up to an IDE connection, when the PC boots is says scanning for IDE devices but it says that none are detected. So I installed an 80 GB SATA 150 hard drive with windows already on it, I can boot to windows but still no CD-RW activity. I'm really new to this stuff, probably jumped into building my own PC too quickly but I followed directions to a T. Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

djburkes, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 will not recognize cd when installed

1. windows 10 will not recognize cd when installed - Similar Threads - recognize installed

2. Why does my new installed ram do not get recognize by my system? Although I got all the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my new installed ram do not get recognize by my system? Although I got all the...: Last week, I attempted to upgrade my cousin’s laptop, a Dell Vostro 14 - 3458, the laptop had 4GB originally but i upgraded it by installing an 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Samsung RAM that I purchased from a trusted store. After the installation, when I turned on the laptop, it emitted...
  3. Why does my new installed ram do not get recognize by my system? Although I got all the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my new installed ram do not get recognize by my system? Although I got all the...: Last week, I attempted to upgrade my cousin’s laptop, a Dell Vostro 14 - 3458, the laptop had 4GB originally but i upgraded it by installing an 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Samsung RAM that I purchased from a trusted store. After the installation, when I turned on the laptop, it emitted...
  4. Why does my new installed ram do not get recognize by my system? Although I got all the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. silicon power m.2 not recognized during windows 10 install

silicon power m.2 not recognized during windows 10 install: New silicon power m.2 not recognized during windows 10 install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silicon-power-m2-not-recognized-during-windows-10/e691bf4a-80b5-417d-8032-c6fbd486b047
  6. silicon power m.2 not recognized during windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    silicon power m.2 not recognized during windows 10 install: New silicon power m.2 not recognized during windows 10 install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silicon-power-m2-not-recognized-during-windows-10/e691bf4a-80b5-417d-8032-c6fbd486b047
  7. silicon power m.2 not recognized during windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows Installer not recognizing M.2 SSD but BIOS does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer not recognizing M.2 SSD but BIOS does: I want to install Windows on a 500GB M.2 SSD that I have on my ASUS TUF F15 laptop but the Windows Installer doesn't recognize the SSD when BIOS does. I have tried literally every solution i could find and nothing has worked so far but I feel like I am close to solving my...
  9. Windows Installer not recognizing M.2 SSD but BIOS does

Windows Installer not recognizing M.2 SSD but BIOS does: I want to install Windows on a 500GB M.2 SSD that I have on my ASUS TUF F15 laptop but the Windows Installer doesn't recognize the SSD when BIOS does. I have tried literally every solution i could find and nothing has worked so far but I feel like I am close to solving my...
  10. Lenovo ideapad y550p wont boot from any recognized harddrive with working windows install

Lenovo ideapad y550p wont boot from any recognized harddrive with working windows install: I have a I'm guessing 2013ish lenovo ideapad y550p with and i7-4500U. I have multiple hdd and ssds with know workingworks in all my other laptops windows partitions on them. Everytime I try and boot from a hard driver the computer says no boot device available please install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows will not recognise cd