Windows 10: Windows 10 will not recognize Domain User as Local Admin

Discus and support Windows 10 will not recognize Domain User as Local Admin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a user who I recently issued a new computer with a Windows 10 Pro OS. The company uses an on premises domain and joining the computer and adding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kaitlyn_510, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 will not recognize Domain User as Local Admin

I have a user who I recently issued a new computer with a Windows 10 Pro OS. The company uses an on premises domain and joining the computer and adding his account happened with out any hiccups. For some reason though this computer refuses to recognize him as the administrator. I have tried adding him multiple ways and on the local Admin account and he is listed as an administrator, but for some reason when we sign back into his account he still has no admin privileges or access.I am not really sure where to begin looking for why this might be occurring and it isn't happening with any other

:)

Kaitlyn_510, Sep 20, 2021

2. Adding Domain User as Local Admin

Hi there,

We are trying to set up the computer of one of our remote employees in house and are running into the issue that every time a setting is changed or a program is installed, it is requiring an administrator password from our domain. We don't want this (meaning
    having to put the domain admin password in every time) but keeping the domain on the computer is necessary for some of the software our company uses. Is there any way to make the domain user / local user an admin on the machine but not over the domain itself?

SovieRaider, Sep 20, 2021
  3. Can't login as local user after adding a computer to a domain

Here are the steps I took. Please tell me if I should have done differently.

1. On the server end add the user and computer to the domain in advance.

2. Fresh install windows 10 and make the first username Admin.

3. Once at desktop rename PC to match PC name on domain i.e. Workstation001.

4. Add computer to mydomain.local and when asked for username and password I entered the credentials for the new user.

5. Restarted the PC and signed into mydomain\newuser without any problems.

However now when I try to access the original local Admin account by typing 'Workstation001\local Admin' as the username and then the password. It keeps saying password invalid.

So I logged back into the domain account and tried resetting the password to Admin and then tried signing in as admin again, still no luck.

Currently there are 2 accounts on the computer one of them is a local/domain account for newuser and the other is a local Admin account which I cannot access.

What kind of glitch is this? Should I have not joined the domain through the original Admin account and instead added a local user to the PC 'newuser' and then sign in as that user locally then add them to the domain through their own local account? I didn't think this was necessary.

bluetea55z, Sep 20, 2021
  4. Windows 10 will not recognize Domain User as Local Admin

GPO local admin access for Domain user

Hi,

I have a question regarding the GPO that I created for certain domain user to get local admin access in their computer.

I have created new GPO in domain and do the setting as what I have learned.

They policy I enabled located at Computer Configuration but not User Configuration.

The question is :

If User A have local admin access logon on his PC, are User B or following user able to gain this local access right too when they logon into the same PC?

Regards,

Keith

Keith.Chan, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 will not recognize Domain User as Local Admin

1. Windows 10 will not recognize Domain User as Local Admin - Similar Threads - recognize Domain User

2. AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin: Hi everyone.I'm looking for some advise on AAD and device domain / local Admin.My customer has a personal device that is AAD registered, a local Admin account has been created however the credentials we hold are incorrect. So completing anything requiring Admin permission...
  3. AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin: Hi everyone.I'm looking for some advise on AAD and device domain / local Admin.My customer has a personal device that is AAD registered, a local Admin account has been created however the credentials we hold are incorrect. So completing anything requiring Admin permission...
  4. AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Login Screen flashing after adding domain user as local admin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Screen flashing after adding domain user as local admin: I have a brand new computer Updated to latest version of Win 10 PRO. Brand new AD user account just created. I was able to login just fine without any issue. Once I added the user account as a local admin and logged the user back in, The screen just continually flashes and I...
  6. Adding Domain User as Local Admin

Adding Domain User as Local Admin: Hi there, We are trying to set up the computer of one of our remote employees in house and are running into the issue that every time a setting is changed or a program is installed, it is requiring an administrator password from our domain. We don't want this meaning having...
  7. Computer Management local admin vs domain admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer Management local admin vs domain admin: Not exactly sure this is the right section for this question, but it does have to do with user accounts and permissions. So, as standard practice, I use a normal user login as my daily work account, and have a separate login for a domain admin account (basically, something...
  8. Local admin account vs domain admin account

Local admin account vs domain admin account: Can both local admin account and domain admin account make changes on the Windows 10 Pro PC? Like installing programs, uninstalling, making network changes etc. Does one account has more access than the other?...
  9. Issues with Local Users and Domain

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues with Local Users and Domain: Hi All New to all of this so apologies if I get some terminology wrong. I am currently in the process of trying to change the settings for the primary user account for a Windows 10 PC, but it would appear that the PC was a part of a domain which has restricted access to...
  10. Domain admin user with special rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain admin user with special rights: Hello, I need to set a domain admin user (setup in Active Directory) in all computers from a domain, but NOT with rights on servers. He/she should be able to do everything, but no starting session in any server (olny in user's computers). Is this possible? Thanks....