Windows 10: Windows 10 will not recognize my monitor or its resolution

Discus and support Windows 10 will not recognize my monitor or its resolution in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Refurbished computer (i7 2600, 8Gb RAM 320GB 7200RPM HDD) with a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. At first the computer recognized the monitor an Asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SilentBass, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Windows 10 will not recognize my monitor or its resolution

Refurbished computer (i7 2600, 8Gb RAM 320GB 7200RPM HDD) with a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. At first the computer recognized the monitor an Asus VS247 and set it to its resolution of 1920x1080 @ 60hz and all was good then it updated and no more Asus VS247 but it now says its a Generic Non-Pnp Monitor and it locks the resolution to 1366 x 786. I tried a few suggestions they are.

1. Rolling back the display driver. (This did not work as the option is greyed out)

2. Updating the display driver. (This also did not work)

3. Updating the display driver picking from one already on the PC. (This did not work the options only two "Generic Non-Pnp Monitor" & Generic Pnp Monitor" had no effect on the issue.)

4. Tried up dating the Graphics Driver Intel HD 2000. (this did nothing as well)

5. Got fed up and reinstalled Windows (This worked... Until it didn't at the next reboot it reverted back to not recognizing the monitor correctly.)

6. Checked and updated the Bios (While this is now up to date this also did nothing)

7. Unplugging the monitor both from power and from the computer. (This did nothing)

Note the monitor its self is just fine and is recognized by other PC no problem with any of its inputs, VGA, DVI & HDMI.

I am getting really close to just blowing it out again but this time putting Windows 8.1 on it.

So short version how do I fix this so Windows 10 recognizes my monitor correctly?

:)

SilentBass, Sep 9, 2018

2. Monitor resolution

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with screen resolution. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

What exactly happens when you try to change the screen resolution? Do you get any error message?

The recommended resolution on windows 10 is 1920 x 1080. Change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and check.

The reason why your display was stretched sideways is because the resolution was in-corrected.

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.
    Hope the information was helpful

Nachappa C K, Sep 9, 2018
  3. NEW Windows 10 install, not recognizing 2nd Monitor or setting correct resolution

I just installed a Windows 10 (Creator's Edition) on a NEW SSD to my HP xw4600 Workstation. Below are the problems I'm experiencing:

• The OS hasn't recognized the fact I have 2 monitors.
      • From Display Settings the Detect function can't
        find the 2nd monitor
      • Both monitors show same content

From the Device Manager I've removed Device and now it is showing Generic PnP Monitor
    as Working Properly.

Additionally, neither screen is displaying at the proper resolution. Dell U2211H (1920 x 1080).

• Display Settings has the screen set to 1024 x 768
    • The highest avaiable option is 1280 x 1024
    • Advanced Display Settings is not listed as an option
    • Cannot extend the desktop
    • Windows + P indicates Your PC cannot project another PC try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card

The current card installed is a ATI FirePro V5600. After visiting the manufacturers website and not finding a driver listed for this card for Win10 I found a tool to remove the device, its driver, and all associated registry entries to let
    Windows install it's Display Adapter which the Device Manager is now indicating is
    Working Properly.

None of the steps of taken thus far has had a positive effect. I'm at a loss...what do I need to do to correct these issues?

Thank you.

MichaelRubens, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Windows 10 will not recognize my monitor or its resolution

Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 will not recognize my monitor or its resolution

1. Windows 10 will not recognize my monitor or its resolution - Similar Threads - recognize monitor resolution

2. Laptop recognizing its own monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop recognizing its own monitor: Hello, my laptop recently stopped recognizing its own screen as a monitor. The only way to use it is to plug it into a secondary external monitor via an hdmi cord. I checked an ensured that the drivers were up to date and tried booting it in safe mode to no avail. So, I'm...
  3. Laptop recognizing its own monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop recognizing its own monitor: Hello, my laptop recently stopped recognizing its own screen as a monitor. The only way to use it is to plug it into a secondary external monitor via an hdmi cord. I checked an ensured that the drivers were up to date and tried booting it in safe mode to no avail. So, I'm...
  4. Monitor Resolution

Monitor Resolution: I just got a 34 inch curved monitor Dell S3422DW and I am trying to change the resolution to 3440X1440 but that is not an option in the Resolution menu. The highest it goes is 1920X1080. So right now my screen is stretched and pixilated. How can I get the 3440X1440 resolution...
  5. Monitor resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor resolutions: Hello! So I have two external monitors both with 2550x1440 resolution capabilities. When one monitor is connected using a display port cable it displays this resolutions automatically, but as soon as the second monitor is plugged in the resolution is automatically downgraded...
  6. Monitor resolutions

Monitor resolutions: Hello! So I have two external monitors both with 2550x1440 resolution capabilities. When one monitor is connected using a display port cable it displays this resolutions automatically, but as soon as the second monitor is plugged in the resolution is automatically downgraded...
  7. "How to get the monitor resolution to its original once?"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "How to get the monitor resolution to its original once?": I enter a DVD in my pc but the DVD Rom didn't identify it, so I go to Youtube and saw a video about it. In his video he said that going to "Manager" option and uninstalling the "DVD/CD ROM" Driver will help you, so I did the same. But instead of solving DVD problem my screen...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't properly recognize my resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 doesn't properly recognize my resolution: Hi there, I have an issue with a computer. It's an older asus tower with an i5 3450, 16gb of ram and a gt620. I recently purchased a 2K display, but windows won't go higher than 1080p. Also the colores seem to be really washed out. I plugged it into another pc which has...
  9. monitor resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    monitor resolution: HI I was trying to change my resolution from 1050 to 1080 on my monitor I did everything correctly but when I pressed apply to change and finalize my new resolution it switched back to native I am on desktop with a monitor of Dell E228WFP...
  10. Monitor resolution is not compatable with windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor resolution is not compatable with windows 10.: How do I set the windows resolution to agree with the monitors resolution of 1920x1080? Windows will go to this setting but quickly reverts to another setting. This back and forth change is ongoing. I have auto set the monitor to 1920x1080. Any help would be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not recognizing monitor resolution

2. windows 10 not recognising monitor resolution

3. windows 10 not reconising my moniter

4. 5mp barco monitors not recognizing the correct resolution 2064 x 2560 in windows 10,
  5. windows 8.1 not recognising my dell monitor,
  6. windows 10 not recognizing screen resolution,
  7. Windows is not recognising my monitor on start,
  8. How to change the monitor now computer is not recognising it,
  9. windows 10 not reconizing my monitor,
  10. windows ten wont detect my resolution,
  11. windows not recognizing resolution,
  12. windows 10 is not recognizing my monitor,
  13. windows 10 not recognising my monitor,
  14. how to windows 10 to recgonize my moniter,
  15. windows 10 not recognizing my monitor