Windows 10: Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

Discus and support Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Although the BIOs sees both the SSD card, which is my boot drive, and a 1TB SATA drive, Windows fails to show in the Explorer. The SSD is a Samsung 970... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Piperson168, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

Although the BIOs sees both the SSD card, which is my boot drive, and a 1TB SATA drive, Windows fails to show in the Explorer. The SSD is a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB drive which replaced the original SATA installed on this Dell XPS 8930.What am I missing?Tom

:)

Piperson168, Oct 22, 2021

2. Windows 10 does not recognize my second hard drive

Hi,

We suggest that you check the resolution provided by Nyima Yonten on this
    link
    to fix this problem with the unrecognized second hard drive in Windows 10.

Keep us posted.

Nathaniel Mon, Oct 22, 2021
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Oct 22, 2021
  4. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

Windows 10 installation does not recognize second hard drive

Hello Brian,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to detect the second hard drive on your computer after upgrading to Windows 10.

If your computer was able to recognize the second hard disk before Windows 10 upgrade, there are chances of your current hard disk drives being incompatible with the upgraded operating system.

Update the disk drivers manually from Device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager from the context menu.
    • Expand Disk drives, right click on the second hard disk and select
      Update driver software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

1. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive - Similar Threads - recognize second hard

2. Windows not recognizing hard drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not recognizing hard drives: Hi,occasionally when I turn on my PC more when I restart it, the storage settings in windows doesn't recognize 3 of my drives only the drive it is installed on. when I go onto "This PC" all the drives are there and completely fine which is good however I can't run windows...
  3. Windows not recognizing hard drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not recognizing hard drives: Hi,occasionally when I turn on my PC more when I restart it, the storage settings in windows doesn't recognize 3 of my drives only the drive it is installed on. when I go onto "This PC" all the drives are there and completely fine which is good however I can't run windows...
  4. Windows not recognizing hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive: Although the BIOs sees both the SSD card, which is my boot drive, and a 1TB SATA drive, Windows fails to show in the Explorer. The SSD is a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB drive which replaced the original SATA installed on this Dell XPS 8930.What am I missing?Tom...
  6. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive: Although the BIOs sees both the SSD card, which is my boot drive, and a 1TB SATA drive, Windows fails to show in the Explorer. The SSD is a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB drive which replaced the original SATA installed on this Dell XPS 8930.What am I missing?Tom...
  7. Windows not recognizing hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows not recognizing hard drive.: I was testing some Windows ISOs and when i cleaned everything and get backed to original windows i didnt have my 2nd hard drive appearing in the file explorer.When I was testing this ISOs I messed with the BIOS but I'm not really good at tech so i think I kinda messed up?I...
  8. Second hard drive not recognized

Second hard drive not recognized: Hi, I bought an additional used 2.5" HDD (1TB Toshiba MQ02ABF100) for my desktop which has an ASUS Motherboard ROG Strix B350-I Gaming. Since I already had an external 2.5" drive (512gb Western Digital WD5000BEVT) in a USB caddy, before installing the 1TB in my desktop, I...
  9. Second hard drive not visible in explorer but is recognized by pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Second hard drive not visible in explorer but is recognized by pc: I've got a 3tb hard drive formatted in NTFS. I have recently gotten a newer HD for backup and got most of the files on it. I want to use this old 3tb drive as a movie drive for my PC. I just upgraded to an SSD and need the extra storage anyway. I have plugged this hard...
  10. Windows 10 not recognizing my second hard drive.

Windows 10 not recognizing my second hard drive.: I did a clean install from Windows 7 to 10 earlier today. I have a second hard drive with stuff on it (at least 100 GB), and the only other drive besides Local Disk (C:) is System Reserved (D:) (which isn't showing anything in the drive currently.)...