Windows 10: Windows 10 - Will Not Retain WPV Settings for JPG, PNG Files

Discus and support Windows 10 - Will Not Retain WPV Settings for JPG, PNG Files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; First let me start by saying - If you are going to tell me how to "Set Default Programs by File Type" STOP! That is not the problem, and I know how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PAMPAYNE, Jul 3, 2019.

1. PAMPAYNE Win User

Windows 10 - Will Not Retain WPV Settings for JPG, PNG Files

First let me start by saying - If you are going to tell me how to "Set Default Programs by File Type" STOP!

That is not the problem, and I know how to set default programs. I have been doing it for 6 months.

My work pc - Windows 10 will not save the Windows Photo Viewer Default Setting for PNG and JPG Files. Every morning when I log in I have to reset them from photos to WPV. My desktop support team has tried to fix it. I have googled the **** out of it trying to find answers.

Can SOMEONE please tell me how to make this setting stick? It was always set to this default until a Microsoft update!

I am really tired of having to stop working to reset this. It is ridiculous. I have read post after post and the only answer provided is to "Set Default Programs", of which nearly every single user responded with "I DID and IT DIDN'T WORK".

Microsoft - you need to fix this!!!

Pam

:)

PAMPAYNE, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 3, 2019
  3. AJcrunch Win User
    windows photo viewer (WPV )

i work with the Windows 8.1 and i have this problem with the windows photo viewer (WPV ). the WPV is not working correctly. when i want to open a photo, i double click the file and by default it should be open by the WPV. it almost opens but the window
    that opens is staying open just for a fraction of a second and then it closes back on its own. i was trying to remember where and/or why this could occur but i have no recollection of setting change or any other manipulation to my system which could generate
    such a change.

did anyone go through a similar problem?

AJcrunch, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Reece.87 Win User

How to set Windows Photo Viewer as the default program for all photo file types?

I recently installed Win10 and now my default photo application is the Win8/10 "Photos" app and it is a horrible app. I want the old Windows Photo Viewer (WPV) application to be my default for viewing ALL images, but here's the problem - There is no way
    to set WPV as the default program. Right-clicking an image then going to "open with" doesn't work and going to control panel>default programs does not work. WPV does not show up in any list using the right-click method and in controlPanel>DefaultProgram settings
    WPV can only be set to the default for .tif and .tiff images. Do you have any suggestions?

Windows 10 - Will Not Retain WPV Settings for JPG, PNG Files 76b5f8e5-dda8-462e-bd14-3cd49d2e6c33.png

Reece.87, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Will Not Retain WPV Settings for JPG, PNG Files - Similar Threads - Retain WPV Settings

2. Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11: I recently purchased a hp spectre 360 14 inch with i7 processor. I already had the same pc and have been very happy with it and windows 10 for 7 years. My new pc has windows 11 and I can’t open many of my jpg, jpeg, png files/ pictures. I have many photos…..some which open,...
  3. Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11: I recently purchased a hp spectre 360 14 inch with i7 processor. I already had the same pc and have been very happy with it and windows 10 for 7 years. My new pc has windows 11 and I can’t open many of my jpg, jpeg, png files/ pictures. I have many photos…..some which open,...
  4. Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.: I have hundreds of files from my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC. Family photos and many others as well.I attempted to access these on my Windows 11 laptop PC. The operating system doesn't seem to recognize the files. I don't know what to do about this problem.I'd like to know what...
  5. Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.

Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.: I have hundreds of files from my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC. Family photos and many others as well.I attempted to access these on my Windows 11 laptop PC. The operating system doesn't seem to recognize the files. I don't know what to do about this problem.I'd like to know what...
  6. PNG and JPG files not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PNG and JPG files not working in Windows 11: When I attempt to open PNG files with the default "Photos" app in Windows 11, I get an error "The specified procedure could not be fond". I never had this issue with before I upgraded Windows 10 last week. I uninstalled and installed the Photos program when I first...
  7. PNG and JPG files not working in Windows 11

PNG and JPG files not working in Windows 11: When I attempt to open PNG files with the default "Photos" app in Windows 11, I get an error "The specified procedure could not be fond". I never had this issue with before I upgraded Windows 10 last week. I uninstalled and installed the Photos program when I first...
  8. How to convert png file to jpg file in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to convert png file to jpg file in Windows 10?: How can I convert a pgn file to a jpg file? I cannot open it with any of the Microsoft apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-png-file-to-jpg-file-in-windows-10/42b8da95-dfde-4bd3-9f42-aeedc4e68977"
  9. File Association Broken for all JPG & PNG

File Association Broken for all JPG & PNG: I do know how to use open with and create proper file associations. And I am not having issues opening files in PHOTO or other graphic programs. The problem is Windows 10 has decided that all my photos are now SONY RAW files. I cannot upload them to Google photo. It...
  10. Opening *.jpg and *.png files

Opening *.jpg and *.png files: When attempting to open these files I now get a File system error (-2147219196) I believe I may have downloaded both Windows 10 and Lenovo upgrades that could have resulted in this error. How to fix?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not to use wpv

2. windows 10 does not dupport png files