Windows 10: Windows 10 will not save proxy settings

Discus and support Windows 10 will not save proxy settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, Earlier today I got my proxy all set up in the Windows settings. Everything was working splendid. Later I tried installing ProxySwitcher but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by heleniusb, Jul 15, 2018.

1. heleniusb Win User

Windows 10 will not save proxy settings

Hi all,

Earlier today I got my proxy all set up in the Windows settings. Everything was working splendid. Later I tried installing ProxySwitcher but decided I didn't want to pay for the full version; ended up uninstalling. Now when I enter my proxy settings into windows and hit save, nothing happens. Switching to another category under Network and Internet or closing and re-opening the settings page resets my settings and the proxy info disappears.

:)

heleniusb, Jul 15, 2018

2. proxy settings

Hi Mike,

To set up a proxy server in Windows 10, you may follow the following steps.

• Press the Windows key and I to open
      Settings
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Proxy you can either Automatically set up a proxy or
      Manual set up a proxy server.

Let us know if this answers your question.

Gerald Vit, Jul 15, 2018
  3. proxy settings

Automatically - I did that. Where is my "script address"

Thanks

Mike

MikeBridenhagen, Jul 15, 2018
  4. dino84 Win User

Can't turn off Proxy Settings

I am running Windows 10 Home Edition. My ISP provider has suggested I turn off Proxy Server Settings. I have done that, but they always turn themselves back on without my knowledge. There is no place to save the settings, even when set manually. Is there some where to turn off my proxy server and have them stay off?

Thanks,
    dino

dino84, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 will not save proxy settings - Similar Threads - save proxy settings

2. Can not disable proxy settings on Windows 10 Version 22H2. Will not allow me to save setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not disable proxy settings on Windows 10 Version 22H2. Will not allow me to save setting: A couple of weeks ago I started not being able to log in to my bank's online banking in Chrome or Firefox. After many back and forths with the bank, I decided to try to mirror the settings on my laptop which works fine with the bank's site. One of the differences is that...
  3. Can not disable proxy settings on Windows 10 Version 22H2. Will not allow me to save setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not disable proxy settings on Windows 10 Version 22H2. Will not allow me to save setting: A couple of weeks ago I started not being able to log in to my bank's online banking in Chrome or Firefox. After many back and forths with the bank, I decided to try to mirror the settings on my laptop which works fine with the bank's site. One of the differences is that...
  4. Can not disable proxy settings on Windows 10 Version 22H2. Will not allow me to save setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Automatic Proxy setup cannot save setting change

Automatic Proxy setup cannot save setting change: Hi I am running Windows 10 and I keep losing internet connection and when I run troubleshooter I get error message 'Windows cannot automatically detect proxy settings', I then open network & connections select proxy and see that 'automatically detect settings' is turned...
  6. Proxy Settings will not Save after Win10 Upgrade

Proxy Settings will not Save after Win10 Upgrade: My Win7 machines that were just upgraded to Win10 will not save any Proxy settings in Win10. Any changes to Lan Settings in IE or Proxy settings in Win10 Proxy will not save. What happened after the upgrade? Why can I not make changes to my proxy settings now. Please...
  7. windows 10 automatic Proxy setting will not save

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 automatic Proxy setting will not save: windows 10 automatic Proxy setting will not save it is always in off and turning on will not save tried all the help commands using command prompt no help...
  8. Can't save or change Proxy setting on Windows 10 - 1809

Can't save or change Proxy setting on Windows 10 - 1809: Hello, I farmated yesterday my PC for this reason and the problem was solved I could edit proxy settings then I continued installing my work programs and other stuf and today found out that proxy setting don't work again I can't save them, I click save I exit the window and...
  9. Proxy Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Proxy Settings: I have a proxy setting that wont go away the HTTP is 127.0.0.1 the port is 13101 and its Exceptions is <-loopback> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/proxy-settings/983a9d2c-9f67-49e4-ba4c-6b2d19f65c61
  10. Unable to save proxy settings in fall creators update

Unable to save proxy settings in fall creators update: Dear Team, After we have upgraded to fall creators update from version 1511 proxy setting is empty and not getting from group policy. also we are unable to enter manually, but when checked in the registry all values are intact from group policy. Any suggestions, due to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. proxy server exceptions not saving

2. windows 10 proxy settings will not save

3. cannot save changes to poxy server

4. windows 10 not saving proxy settings,
  5. windows 10 does not save proxy settings changes,
  6. unable to save proxy setting windows 10,
  7. proxy settings wont save windows 10,
  8. proxy settings windows 10 not saving,
  9. how can proxy settings be saved,
  10. proxy server settings not saving,
  11. manual proxy win 10 always activates automatically 2020,