Windows 10: Windows 10 will not show connected computers

Discus and support Windows 10 will not show connected computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 4 laptops connected to a WORKGROUP. Only one shows the other 3 in "Explorer->Network". Running 'net view' in Powershell on a laptop which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oldcelt, May 14, 2020.

1. oldcelt Win User

Windows 10 will not show connected computers

I have 4 laptops connected to a WORKGROUP. Only one shows the other 3 in "Explorer->Network". Running 'net view' in Powershell on a laptop which is not seeing the others, says that SMBv1 is necessary. Surely enough, when I enable SMBv1 all is resolved.

However, SMBv1 is declared obsolete and every recommendation suggested to make "Explorer->Network" succeed without it end in failure!

I have checked "Function Discovery Provider Host" and "Function Discovery Resource Publication" services are set to 'Automatic, Delayed Start. I've also made sure that 'network discovery' is enabled and all machines have the necessary 'Shares' enabled.

What is the up-to-date reliable solution please?

:)

oldcelt, May 14, 2020

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Windows 10 will not show connected computers partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, May 14, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 14, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 will not show connected computers - Similar Threads - show connected computers

2. RealtekR audio device shows as "not connected" to computer on windows 10. not able to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RealtekR audio device shows as "not connected" to computer on windows 10. not able to...: Hi, I'm having a similar issue that was previously posted by Joacoludica back in May 2022. Mine is more so for my headphones using the audio jack. It is connected.I have a lenovo ThinkPad 11e. I tried the 1st suggestions posted by Carlo TJ. Those didn't work.My system model...
  3. RealtekR audio device shows as "not connected" to computer on windows 10. not able to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RealtekR audio device shows as "not connected" to computer on windows 10. not able to...: Hi, I'm having a similar issue that was previously posted by Joacoludica back in May 2022. Mine is more so for my headphones using the audio jack. I have a lenovo ThinkPad 11e. I tried the 1st suggestions posted by Carlo TJ. Those didn't work.My system model is 20ED001HUS.I...
  4. RealtekR audio device shows as "not connected" to computer on windows 10. not able to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RealtekR audio device shows as "not connected" to computer on windows 10. not able to...: Hi, I'm having a similar issue that was previously posted by Joacoludica back in May 2022. Mine is more so for my headphones using the audio jack. I have a lenovo ThinkPad 11e. I tried the 1st suggestions posted by Carlo TJ. Those didn't work.My system model is 20ED001HUS.I...
  5. Computer shows Ethernet cable not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shows Ethernet cable not connected: Every now and then when I turn my computer on it does not register that it has either net cable plugged in all I have to do is restart the computer again and it shows it plugged in. When I do start the computer and it shows no Internet for ether cable I cannot open Microsoft...
  6. Computer shows Ethernet cable not connected

Computer shows Ethernet cable not connected: Every now and then when I turn my computer on it does not register that it has either net cable plugged in all I have to do is restart the computer again and it shows it plugged in. When I do start the computer and it shows no Internet for ether cable I cannot open Microsoft...
  7. Windows desktop computer shows internet connection but lost the connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows desktop computer shows internet connection but lost the connection: The problem usually resolves after I restart computer. This has been going on for a while. Phone has great connection while computer that is also using wifi doesn't. What can I do other than restart computer everytime I loose the connection?...
  8. Windows desktop computer shows internet connection but lost the connection

Windows desktop computer shows internet connection but lost the connection: The problem usually resolves after I restart computer. This has been going on for a while. Phone has great connection while computer that is also using wifi doesn't. What can I do other than restart computer everytime I loose the connection?...
  9. Windows desktop computer shows internet connection but lost the connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Computer keeps losing connection but it's not showing that?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer keeps losing connection but it's not showing that?: So, about a week ago my computer has been acting really stupid. While playing some online games, I would continuously lose connection every 1-2 minutes. However, at the bottom right of my screen it still shows that I am connected to the internet. My family uses the same wifi...