Windows 10: Windows 10 will not show NAS drive.

Discus and support Windows 10 will not show NAS drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just bought a Windows 10 machine, version 1803. I have a WD MYBOOKLIVE NAS drive on my network. The Win 10 machine is the only one that does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rjdesaint717, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 will not show NAS drive.

I just bought a Windows 10 machine, version 1803. I have a WD MYBOOKLIVE NAS drive on my network. The Win 10 machine is the only one that does not see it. I can ping it, but it will not show up in Explorer to work with the files. I have tried turning on file sharing, enabling NETBIOS with TCP/IP, Turning on SMB settings in Features, trying local and windows cloud logins, and about 5 other options I found in forums over the last 2 days that have worked for others. Nothing. Is it possible that it just can't happen? Are there any drives reported that cannot connect at all? Does Win 10 employ some sort of network protocol that is different from versions past that cannot be reversed?

Thanks.

:)

Rjdesaint717, Feb 15, 2019

2. NAS drive not showing in the Network after Windows 10 auto update this week

Hello Charles,

Let's get your NAS device detected on your home network.

Kindly follow the suggested steps below:

Step 1: Disable anti-virus software and Windows Firewall.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Follow the below steps to turn off Windows Firewall:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Windows Firewall.
    • Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Click Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) under each network location that you want to stop trying to protect, and then click
      OK.
    If the issue still persists,

Step 2: We suggest you to reconfigure the NAS drive.

Refer to the below thread replied by Smithhead 9 replied on
    May 7, 2015

Accessing NAS not working in Windows 10 Technical Preview

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 will not show NAS drive.

Windows 10 - NAS Drive

I have recently purchased a 4 bay NAS drive. Whilst I can access the drive with the bundled software I can't see the drive as a network attached device in the Windows 10 file explorer. I have previously had a WD Mybook Live and an LG NAS running fine in
    Windows 7 & 8. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

ninetofortytwo, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 will not show NAS drive.

1. Windows 10 will not show NAS drive. - Similar Threads - show NAS drive

2. NAS Drive not Showing on Network in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    NAS Drive not Showing on Network in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Network-attached storage (NAS) devices are network-connected storage solutions that offer a centralized repository for storing and sharing data across networks. It’s like having a private cloud that provides all the benefits of a public cloud on-site, giving you...
  3. NAS Drive Inaccessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NAS Drive Inaccessible: I am having a problem with NAS Drives and mapped drives on my Windows 10 Home laptop and a Windows 10 professional desktop My Arkara NAS mapped drive gives the error An error ocurred while reconnecting Q: to \\STORAGE-OC60\LDevlin Microsoft Windows Network The local device...
  4. Problem Indexing NAS Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem Indexing NAS Drive in Windows 10: Does anyone know how to Index a network drive in Windows 10? I cannot get the network drive location to show up in the Indexing Options. FYI: I'm looking for a solution that does not require me to store the NAS contents locally. Thank you to anyone who may be able and...
  5. NAS Drive Trouble

NAS Drive Trouble: Hi, I've been using a WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra with no problems until a few days ago. Now it wont show up on my PC on network. The only way it will work is if I plug it in directly to my PC which I can't do as I only have 1 ethernet LAN port which I use to connect to the...
  6. NAS drives and network

NAS drives and network: Hi All I have a WD EXultra2. I have a laptop (5yr old samsung) running Win10 I have a fairly new PC running Win10 My laptop can see my NAS drive no problem and can access everything on it. My PC has recently decided to not see my NAS drive - no reason that I can...
  7. Nas drive

Nas drive: Cannot now access my WD live duo after update to 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nas-drive/229f433c-49bb-4c92-9cdd-40da8b3be53b"
  8. Not seeing NAS drive

Not seeing NAS drive: Hello Peeps So I profess to being a Win 7 lover and a Win 10 disliker *Sad. Here is my problem all bar one of my pc's in the house have Win 7 installed. The laptop with Win10 will see my house router, as does all the other machines, but won't see my Seagate NAS drive that...
  9. No Access to NAS Drive

No Access to NAS Drive: Hi Folk, I can see that this seems to be a common problem on here! I have a Lacie cloudbox NAS drive. On WIn7 pro it worked just fine. Windows say the drive in the network group and I could access it like a normal folder. After I did the Win10 upgrade and it initially...
  10. Viewing NAS drive files on windows 10

Viewing NAS drive files on windows 10: G'day. Have a little problem viewing files on my NAS drives. Long story short, I'll got a couple of NAS drives on my home network that I use for backup, storage and coping files between my computers. Ended up with a windows 10 laptop the other day and I wanted to transfer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 doesnt nas drives

2. mybooklive

3. wd mybooklive 1903 nas