Windows 10: windows 10 -will not shutdown normally.

Discus and support windows 10 -will not shutdown normally. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using the command shutdown /s to shut down my system. How can I find out what app is not closing that's keeping the system running?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidLee_995, Sep 29, 2020.

1. windows 10 -will not shutdown normally.

I am using the command shutdown /s to shut down my system. How can I find out what app is not closing that's keeping the system running?

:)

DavidLee_995, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 29, 2020
  4. windows 10 -will not shutdown normally.

little cat, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 -will not shutdown normally.

1. windows 10 -will not shutdown normally. - Similar Threads - shutdown normally

2. After a normal successful update (choosing update and shutdown), windows boots to the setup...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After a normal successful update (choosing update and shutdown), windows boots to the setup...: submitted by /u/evrdrandosity [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j6gn1m/after_a_normal_successful_update_choosing_update/
  3. Windows freezes during boot after a normal restart or shutdown. After a forced shutdown it...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows freezes during boot after a normal restart or shutdown. After a forced shutdown it...: I'm very sure this issue is hardware related as it only happens on two of my systems with very similar Supermicro motherboards, X9DAE and X9DRi-LN+. Linux always boots without problems....
  4. LOSS OF NORMAL WINDOW AFTER SHUTDOWN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    LOSS OF NORMAL WINDOW AFTER SHUTDOWN: I am running Windows 10 on Inspiron 3793 bought just when Windows 7 stopped being supported. I lost the normal windows but was still able to get excel , word and use internet even if I had to use mouse differently from normal Going back to pale blue screen and pressing...
  5. I can see the mouse pointer during windows 10 shutdown, is normal or a glitch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can see the mouse pointer during windows 10 shutdown, is normal or a glitch?: Like the title say. submitted by /u/Arkstant [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fb4yf4/i_can_see_the_mouse_pointer_during_windows_10/
  6. CampaignManager running at shutdown and preventing normal shutdown.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CampaignManager running at shutdown and preventing normal shutdown.: What the heck is going on? I can find nothing useful of this. And I view this as a security and privacy issue. Started two days ago, when I went to shut down a PC (Windows Pro 10 build 1903) I was confronted with a warning that "CampaignManager" was still running. I...
  7. WFD Violation after windows normal shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WFD Violation after windows normal shutdown: Dear microsoft, The day before yesterday I cleaned my computer with a windows restart. Because of this, since today, when I shut down my computer, I get a message from WFD-Violation. I have an Asus computer so the help via internet does not work either. Do you have a...
  8. Asus ROG GL553VD won't restart/sleep/shutdown normally

Asus ROG GL553VD won't restart/sleep/shutdown normally: I have an asus rog gl553vd. Installed a new windows 10 from the media creation tool. When I select restart/sleep from the shutdown menu. The screen turns black but fans and keyboard light are on for a few minutes then the computer's turns off. I booted boto safe mode and no...
  9. Shutdown takes 30 minutes and boot is normal, what is causing it ?

Shutdown takes 30 minutes and boot is normal, what is causing it ?: So as the title says, when i want to shutdown or restart my pc it stays on "shutdown" screen for well 30 minutes, i need some help figuring out what causes it. I thought of reinstalling windows but i guess since booting is fine that i don't need to do that. I use laptop...
  10. Unsafe shutdown count goes higher everytime I shutdown the PC normally

in Windows 10 Support
    Unsafe shutdown count goes higher everytime I shutdown the PC normally: I'm using HD Tune Pro and CrystalDiskInfo to monitor the health of my hard drive because it's important to me. Today I saw that the value of "Unsafe shutdown count" in HD Tune Pro is pretty high, even higher than the Power-off cycle value. Which is strange and doesn't make...