Windows 10: Windows 10 - Will not Shutdown/Sleep, will reopen sign-in screen.

Discus and support Windows 10 - Will not Shutdown/Sleep, will reopen sign-in screen. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys, Recently transferred my Windows install to a new drive, and now it refuses to shutdown/sleep. Tried through cmd, windows menu, and physical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bm ., Jun 6, 2023.

1. bm . Win User

Windows 10 - Will not Shutdown/Sleep, will reopen sign-in screen.

Hey guys, Recently transferred my Windows install to a new drive, and now it refuses to shutdown/sleep. Tried through cmd, windows menu, and physical buttons on case, however every time it will just go back to the windows sign in screen after screen going black for 2-3 seconds. I've disabled fast boot, reset all power settings to defaults, and made sure that there is no active processes that would prevent Windows from shutting down. Any advice would be appreciated, as turning the PC off at the psu everytime is getting annoying. Cheers

:)

bm ., Jun 6, 2023

2. Windows 10 laptop sleep during shutdown?

Hi,

I close my laptop lid during a shutdown process of a windows 10. When I reopen the laptop the next day, it continue the shutdown process.

Did Windows just hibernate/sleep in the middle of a shutdown process? Is that possible?

Tony Widjaja, Jun 6, 2023
  3. Dugular7 Win User
    Windows 10 reopens program after shutdown or restart

Hello,

Recently, Windows 10 is reopening programs that were open when the computer is restarted or shutdown.

My wife and I both use the computer, and neither of us like this new feature. We have to use the classic shutdown method to ensure no programs are reopened.

Im a gamer as well, so hate the idea that if my wife last used the computer on her account, my computer will reopen her programs even if ive signed into my account.

How can I disable the feature properly? I want Windows to behave how it did when I paid for it: Restart and Shutdowns did NOT reopen programs.

PS: Microsoft, please stop saying youre seriously considering gamers every Windows release, when you add features like this without the ability to turn it off.

Dugular7, Jun 6, 2023
  4. Windows 10 - Will not Shutdown/Sleep, will reopen sign-in screen.

Apps reopening on start up after shutdown/restart

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. Please confirm if you already install the
    January 31st update (KB4058258 (OS Build 16299.214)) and perform the steps provided
    by PaulSey....

You can also use command line to disable apps from auto reopening in Windows.

• Open Command Prompt and type command shutdown -t 0 -s to shut down.
    • If you want to restart use command shutdown -t 0 -r and hit Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Lemuel Cie, Jun 6, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 - Will not Shutdown/Sleep, will reopen sign-in screen.

1. Windows 10 - Will not Shutdown/Sleep, will reopen sign-in screen. - Similar Threads - Shutdown Sleep reopen

2. Windows 10 - Will not Shutdown/Sleep, will reopen sign-in screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Will not Shutdown/Sleep, will reopen sign-in screen.: Hey guys, Recently transferred my Windows install to a new drive, and now it refuses to shutdown/sleep. Tried through cmd, windows menu, and physical buttons on case, however every time it will just go back to the windows sign in screen after screen going black for 2-3...
  3. Windows 10 - Will not Shutdown/Sleep, will reopen sign-in screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Will not Shutdown/Sleep, will reopen sign-in screen.: Hey guys, Recently transferred my Windows install to a new drive, and now it refuses to shutdown/sleep. Tried through cmd, windows menu, and physical buttons on case, however every time it will just go back to the windows sign in screen after screen going black for 2-3...
  4. Reopen fault in sleep function.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reopen fault in sleep function.: Still failure to finish displaying the quick launch bar.I got a message that "the task management window was still open" when I went to restart.what is that?The protected restart temporarily fixed the problem, but I need the other functions, like thunderbird updater, Steam,...
  5. Reopen fault in sleep function.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reopen fault in sleep function.: Still failure to finish displaying the quick launch bar.I got a message that "the task management window was still open" when I went to restart.what is that?The protected restart temporarily fixed the problem, but I need the other functions, like thunderbird updater, Steam,...
  6. How to Shutdown, Restart, Sign, Sleep, Hibernate in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Shutdown, Restart, Sign, Sleep, Hibernate in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Windows 11 is a new iteration of Microsoft Windows. Even though it is not completely different from Windows 10, but there are some changes in the GUI that may confuse you a bit initially. In this guide, we are going to see how to Shutdown, Restart, Sign, Sleep,...
  7. Windows 10, Sleep/Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10, Sleep/Shutdown: I recently changed from Windows 7, which I loved, to the evil Windows 10. Can anyone tell me how to put the system to sleep rather than shutdown. I do not see an option for sleep as with my Windows 7 version. If my new printer would work with Windows 7 I would change back...
  8. windows 10 shutdown instead of sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 shutdown instead of sleep: hi i just updated my windows to windows 10 pro v.1909 build 18363.836 and now my asus laptop refuses to sleep and shut down instead i have checked my power settings...tried troubleshooting..checked my bios settings nothing works please help me 156574
  9. Sleep and Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and Shutdown: This problem is really ridiculous. There are 3 pc's in the house and the main oneMINE has the problem.I have tried everything in all the previous folks that have the same problem to no sleep or shutdown. I have been just turning off monitors so they aren't damaged,if that...
  10. My screen keeps closing and i need to reopen it as if on sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My screen keeps closing and i need to reopen it as if on sleep: My screen keeps closing and I need to reopen it as if on sleep, it happens nearly every thirty seconds, I can't work like that!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-keeps-closing-and-i-need-to-reopen-it-as/c704b965-bec7-4ca0-b343-3b93848e573c