Windows 10: Windows 10 will not sleep after playing a game

Discus and support Windows 10 will not sleep after playing a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10 will not shut down or go to sleep after playing Call of Duty WW2, or Battlefield 1 and 5. The grafts turns off, the keyboard and mouse stay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Eddie Cool, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Windows 10 will not sleep after playing a game

Windows 10 will not shut down or go to sleep after playing Call of Duty WW2, or Battlefield 1 and 5. The grafts turns off, the keyboard and mouse stay lite, the fans stay running and there it sits for hours. Cannot get the graft back on no matter what you do to it, push the old power button there goes my game that I wanted to play later. I have tried all the "power options" and suggestions on the web about fast start and PCI Express. Not a fix.

Whatever is stopping the sleep or shutdown is conditional and has something to do with whatever happens to the system when playing a newer game. I have also shut down or stopped from running everything I was allowed to. I just have Norton, sound, keyboard, mouse and grafts running. Of course window has a billion things running that I cannot stop.

After force reset with the power button and the system reboots into windows 10 you can surf the web, watch Netflix and you tube, play older games like Doom 3 or Call of Duty Airborne and when finished use the normal system sleep mode and the system powers down the grafts, keyboard and mouse and sleep.

Can anyone offer any help or a fix for this condition?

Thank you.

:)

Eddie Cool, Dec 21, 2018

2. Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 21, 2018
  3. HKShip.exe has stopped working with Sleeping Dogs game on Windows 10

Hi Govindh,

We would be happy to help you with accessing the game on your device.

To assist you better please provide us below details:

• What is the Make and model of your computer?

• Did you purchased the game from windows store?

• Are you able to play any other games on the system?
    Let us try basic troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you are downloading from the website, I suggest you to go to game developer website, check if there are any updated patches found for the game.

If the issue still persist,

Step 2: I request you to uninstall/reinstall the Sleeping Dogs game. Please follow below steps to uninstall the application

1. On the Start menu, select Settings.

2. Select System > Apps & features.

3. Select the program, then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the directions on the screen.

I suggest you to re-install the game and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Windows 10 will not sleep after playing a game

Can't play pyramid solitaire game in Windows 10

Hi Lee,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please share this:

• Are you playing the game online or offline?

I suggest you to try installing the game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow these steps to install the game in compatibility mode.

• Download the game from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 will not sleep after playing a game

1. Windows 10 will not sleep after playing a game - Similar Threads - sleep playing game

2. my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games: also to wake up the 2nd monitor i have to go to display and click anything and then revert after i closed the gamethis just happened yesterday...
  3. BSOD after playing game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after playing game: It's a long story. I've been facing it since 12/2021. My current PC is a custom build. I built it in 02/2022.CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Mainboard: TUF GAMING X570-PLUS RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance 16GB x2 PSU: Corsair RMX 750 SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus...
  4. BSOD after playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after playing game: It's a long story. I've been facing it since 12/2021. My current PC is a custom build. I built it in 02/2022.CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Mainboard: TUF GAMING X570-PLUS RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance 16GB x2 PSU: Corsair RMX 750 SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus...
  5. BSOD after playing game

6. Win11 Monitors wont sleep after playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Monitors wont sleep after playing a game: Figured id start a fresh thread for people who may have similar issues to me. been having issues with specifically windows 11 and my monitors never turning off after playing a game. i can use windows 10 and it isnt a issue, its only with windows 11. my best friend and my...
  7. Win11 Monitors wont sleep after playing a game

Win11 Monitors wont sleep after playing a game: Figured id start a fresh thread for people who may have similar issues to me. been having issues with specifically windows 11 and my monitors never turning off after playing a game. i can use windows 10 and it isnt a issue, its only with windows 11. my best friend and my...
  8. Monitor goes to sleep after playing 3d games

Monitor goes to sleep after playing 3d games: When I play 3d games such as DOOM and Forza, after about 10 minutes my monitor will stop receiving a video input and go to sleep. This doesnt seem to be a problem with the monitor or hdmi cord, because i have replaced both of those. Some advice is needed, thanks!...
  9. Unable to play games after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to play games after upgrading to windows 10: Hello Microsoft, I am Vian Khan. I am unable to play the games after i have upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. Windows 7 was best in gaming i have ever experienced but after i got windows 10 games just not work. I tried to uninstall and then again install the game again...
  10. BSOD Playing/After Gaming

BSOD Playing/After Gaming: Hi TenForum, As the title mentioned, I am currently facing some BSOD issues when I am in the middle of gaming, and sometimes after I closed the game application (my comp even BSOD in the middle of shutting down after I closed the game and shut down my comp). I have tried...