Windows 10: Windows 10 will not start after running chkdsk

Discus and support Windows 10 will not start after running chkdsk in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Community members, My PC, running win 10 1809, had a disk warning and, as a result, I ran chkdsk / F / R. After completing and indicating that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LewisMattson28, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 will not start after running chkdsk

Community members,

My PC, running win 10 1809, had a disk warning and, as a result, I ran chkdsk / F / R. After completing and indicating that the corrections were completed, the PC does not boot. I have a lot of data that I would like to recover and I need some ideas. I have a SATA drive and could remove the hard drive and connect it to see if it can be read. However, if there is another way to do it without doing an HD format and reinstalling WIN 10 (resulting in a loss of all files and data), I would prefer this approach. I cannot find a solution and would appreciate any help the community may suggest to help me make the recovery.

Thank you.

:)

LewisMattson28, Jul 25, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 will not start after running chkdsk

chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 will not start after running chkdsk

1. Windows 10 will not start after running chkdsk - Similar Threads - start running chkdsk

2. CHKDSK run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK run: I had my windows 10. Suddenly it shut down and couldnt do automatic repair. ı tried many methods but regback in command prompt helped. after months, same happened again but regback didnt help. So I ran a chkdsk f d even though my OS in C just watched youtube. I typed y for...
  3. CHKDSK run

in Windows 10 Customization
    CHKDSK run: I had my windows 10. Suddenly it shut down and couldnt do automatic repair. ı tried many methods but regback in command prompt helped. after months, same happened again but regback didnt help. So I ran a chkdsk f d even though my OS in C just watched youtube. I typed y for...
  4. chkdsk is not running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk is not running.: When trying to run a chkdsk on the Operating System Volume C: it does not run but instead shows this following log under system.This is on a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard Virtual Machine. Running from a Hyper-V. Is the chkdsk failing because of this?I've tried the...
  5. chkdsk is not running.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chkdsk is not running.: When trying to run a chkdsk on the Operating System Volume C: it does not run but instead shows this following log under system.This is on a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard Virtual Machine. Running from a Hyper-V. Is the chkdsk failing because of this?I've tried the...
  6. WINDOWS 10 - chkdsk not running after reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WINDOWS 10 - chkdsk not running after reboot: I am on Windows 10.When I use chkdsk it says there are problems but it cant repair them in read-only mode because I use my pc and the C driver I guess, so I do a command to plan the chkdsk during the reboot.When I run chkdsk on my C driver, it tells me I can't use it right...
  7. Running CHKDSK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running CHKDSK: Hi, i run chkddsk and this is the result but im not sure what to do about it, maybe i should just reinstall win10?C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkddsk 'chkddsk' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk The type of...
  8. Chkdsk Running After Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chkdsk Running After Windows Updates: Windows 10 2004 Build 19041.804 I have three internal drives; 1 x SSD containing a Windows 10 2004 primary installation, another SSD containing an exact copy clone of the same Windows 10 2004 installation as a backup, and an HDD as a data drive. The two OSs are not set up...
  9. CHKDSK not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK not running: I have errors on C: and scheduled checkdisk to run on restart. The issue is it goes through the countdown for pressing a key to cancel, then it says checking for errors on c but then after a few seconds the screen goes black and goes straight to the windows log in screen....
  10. running chkdsk or chkntfs in windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    running chkdsk or chkntfs in windows 10: Greetings Scanning the hard disk drivers can be done from windows, but I'm curious about bizarre responses to trying to check disk from cmd windows (just for info, not fix). chkdsk yields: Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges. You have to invoke this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 c00021a after chkdsk

2. black screen after chkdsk

3. windows 10 disk not readable after chkdsk

4. windows will nor load run chkdsk,
  5. Does chkdsk d: /f /r /x lock a drive so windows cant access it?,
  6. should i run chkdsk windows 10,
  7. Exit CHKDSK while running windows 10 install,
  8. C:\Users\Admin>chkdsk c:/f/r Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk may be locked by another process. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode and make sure the disk is unlocked.,
  9. reboot windows 10 with command prompt after running chkdsk /r c:,
  10. after bsod run chkdsk