Windows 10: Windows 10 will not stay asleep

Discus and support Windows 10 will not stay asleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have already searched the forums for solutions to this and tried several to no avail. The issue is as above, I put the PC into sleep mode and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Icarus, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Icarus Win User

Windows 10 will not stay asleep

Hi

I have already searched the forums for solutions to this and tried several to no avail. The issue is as above, I put the PC into sleep mode and it wakes itself back up anything from 1 minute to 5 minutes later. I have:

• Gone to power management and ensured I have a high power profile but that my monitors turn off after 5mins and the PC sleeps at 10mins.
    • Ensured that wake on sleep events is disabled
    • I have a Razer Deathadder mouse and in device manager settings for it turned off "allow to wake from sleep"
    • I have a Razer Orbweaver (kind of keyboard) and again disabled allow to wake from sleep.

None of these things have worked and the PC still wakes randomly. I had exactly the same hardware under windows 7 and never had any issues with sleep. I never had to try any of the above remedies. It just worked.

This is my ONLY issue with W10, so I would love some advice and help in sorting this infuriating issue out. Probably worth stating that my W10 is a clean install, following the guide here.

Many thanks

:)

Icarus, Feb 26, 2016

2. WIN 10 will not stay asleep

Alan

It is local to your environment so nothing for MS to fix.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 26, 2016
  3. WIN 10 will not stay asleep

Please type the following in an elevated command prompt and paste the results in your next post

powercfg /waketimers

powercfg /lastwake

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 26, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

Did you check in device manager to see if your network card is set to "Allow this device to wake this Computer"? If it is, uncheck the box. I was having the same problem until I changed this setting for my network card.

Winuser, Feb 27, 2016
  5. Icarus Win User
    I did check yes, but it has about 6 different settings for waking and doing stuff but not waking...

Windows 10 will not stay asleep [​IMG]

each box has a scroll bar, so the pic below shows the options revealed when you scroll (only one more for each box)

I have unticked everything in the bottom box now (as a test) but the top box seems to be the opposite...saying that if they aren't ticked it will wake from sleep to do ARP requests (whatever they are) - so I have left those ticked.

Icarus, Feb 27, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    In Device Manager this is how I have my settings for my network card.

Winuser, Feb 27, 2016
  7. Icarus Win User
    unfortunately I don't have that setting.

I have the ROG Maximus VII Ranger motherboard, and this is the network adapter which is on board.

Anyone know how I can find what event or piece of hardware is actually waking my PC?

Thanks

Icarus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 will not stay asleep - Similar Threads - stay asleep

2. Anyone's external drives refuse to stay asleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone's external drives refuse to stay asleep?: So ive burned days on this, i'm now feeling pretty defeated. I've basically reverted the hot mess i made trying to resolve it and gave up. I have a few thousand dollars worth of hard drives. Half of them are external as my case was just only so big and wasnt feeling the nas...
  3. STAY ASLEEP!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    STAY ASLEEP!!!: My computer keeps waking up by itself and doesn't go back to sleep even though it's set to sleep automatically. I have disabled the thing where it wakes up and checks for updates at 2am every day (on by default, lol). I turned off all USB device allow to wake computer in case...
  4. Computer will not stay asleep. powercfg -lastwake yields USB Root Hub as culprit; "Allow to...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not stay asleep. powercfg -lastwake yields USB Root Hub as culprit; "Allow to...: C:\Users\jackt>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: USB\ROOT_HUB20\4&24e2292f&0 Friendly Name: Description: USB Root Hub Manufacturer: (Standard USB Host...
  5. Computer not staying asleep. Wakes up on own

Computer not staying asleep. Wakes up on own: Lately I've been having an issue where my computer will wake itself up sometime in the morning. I can't pin down an exact time the computer wakes itself up. I have noticed a few things however in regards to this annoyance. 1) The computer will turn itself on as well as...
  6. Windows 10 Surface Book 2, won't stay asleep.

Windows 10 Surface Book 2, won't stay asleep.: I have a Surface Book 2 (15") with Windows 10. No matter what, it won't stay asleep. Looked in Event Log, no events logged for waking up. Pressing the sleep button throws the sleep mode briefly then enters the login screen, hitting the sleep button a second time puts the...
  7. How do I make my computer STAY asleep when I select sleep mode?

How do I make my computer STAY asleep when I select sleep mode?: I select sleep , the screen goes black but before I even leave the room its back on again . GRRR. this is a nightly occurrence https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-computer-stay-asleep-when-i/ac929f5c-22d2-4569-a6f6-314b9b70d8aa
  8. Win10 install won't stay asleep; USB Root Hub at fault?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 install won't stay asleep; USB Root Hub at fault?: My Windows 10 install won't stay asleep, and it's driving me mad. Sleeping used to work just fine back when I was running Win7. It would go to sleep when told, stay asleep until woken. Everything was great. Then it started waking up at random times. I did a lot of...
  9. Computer Will Not Go to Sleep or Stay Asleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Will Not Go to Sleep or Stay Asleep: Computers and proper sleep have been the bane of my existence for years. Sleep issues prove extra difficult to diagnose, in spite of hours and hours of research, because you have to wait and see what happens. I am an experienced builder, and a relatively competent...
  10. Why won't my computer stay completely asleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why won't my computer stay completely asleep?: Hello, I've got a new Levono desktop which works fine. But it's noisy, so I always put it to sleep when I don't use it. Yet, although it stays in sleep mode, it makes noise. Fans are blowing, so I assume the computer is working on something in sleep mode, whatever that may...