Windows 10: Windows 10 will not stay asleep

Discus and support Windows 10 will not stay asleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have already searched the forums for solutions to this and tried several to no avail. The issue is as above, I put the PC into sleep mode and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Icarus, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Icarus Win User

Windows 10 will not stay asleep

Hi

I have already searched the forums for solutions to this and tried several to no avail. The issue is as above, I put the PC into sleep mode and it wakes itself back up anything from 1 minute to 5 minutes later. I have:

• Gone to power management and ensured I have a high power profile but that my monitors turn off after 5mins and the PC sleeps at 10mins.
    • Ensured that wake on sleep events is disabled
    • I have a Razer Deathadder mouse and in device manager settings for it turned off "allow to wake from sleep"
    • I have a Razer Orbweaver (kind of keyboard) and again disabled allow to wake from sleep.

None of these things have worked and the PC still wakes randomly. I had exactly the same hardware under windows 7 and never had any issues with sleep. I never had to try any of the above remedies. It just worked.

This is my ONLY issue with W10, so I would love some advice and help in sorting this infuriating issue out. Probably worth stating that my W10 is a clean install, following the guide here.

Many thanks

:)

Icarus, Feb 26, 2016

2. WIN 10 will not stay asleep

Alan

It is local to your environment so nothing for MS to fix.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 26, 2016
  3. WIN 10 will not stay asleep

Please type the following in an elevated command prompt and paste the results in your next post

powercfg /waketimers

powercfg /lastwake

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 26, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

Did you check in device manager to see if your network card is set to "Allow this device to wake this Computer"? If it is, uncheck the box. I was having the same problem until I changed this setting for my network card.

Winuser, Feb 27, 2016
  5. Icarus Win User
    I did check yes, but it has about 6 different settings for waking and doing stuff but not waking...

Windows 10 will not stay asleep [​IMG]

each box has a scroll bar, so the pic below shows the options revealed when you scroll (only one more for each box)

I have unticked everything in the bottom box now (as a test) but the top box seems to be the opposite...saying that if they aren't ticked it will wake from sleep to do ARP requests (whatever they are) - so I have left those ticked.

Icarus, Feb 27, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    In Device Manager this is how I have my settings for my network card.

Winuser, Feb 27, 2016
  7. Icarus Win User
    unfortunately I don't have that setting.

I have the ROG Maximus VII Ranger motherboard, and this is the network adapter which is on board.

Anyone know how I can find what event or piece of hardware is actually waking my PC?

Thanks

Icarus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 will not stay asleep - Similar Threads - stay asleep

2. How can I get my computer to STAY asleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get my computer to STAY asleep?: I am at my wit's end here. I have a fan that's on its last leg and I try to give it a break when I can. But EVERY SINGLE MORNING at 2 AM I am woken up by my grindy fan. And then I put my computer back to sleep and tuck myself back into bed and as soon as I am about to fall...
  3. How can I get my computer to STAY asleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my computer to STAY asleep?: I am at my wit's end here. I have a fan that's on its last leg and I try to give it a break when I can. But EVERY SINGLE MORNING at 2 AM I am woken up by my grindy fan. And then I put my computer back to sleep and tuck myself back into bed and as soon as I am about to fall...
  4. How can I get my computer to STAY asleep?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. laptop won't stay asleep/turned off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop won't stay asleep/turned off: I have a very annoying problem. My laptop wakes up when I don't want it to . I have even gone as far as to shut it down only to find that it has turned itself back on and wasted my battery power. This is a sign that the AI can't be shutoff and skynet is in charge. It was bad...
  6. laptop won't stay asleep/turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop won't stay asleep/turned off: I have a very annoying problem. My laptop wakes up when I don't want it to . I have even gone as far as to shut it down only to find that it has turned itself back on and wasted my battery power. This is a sign that the AI can't be shutoff and skynet is in charge. It was bad...
  7. laptop won't stay asleep/turned off

8. My brand new PC has issues staying asleep "Power Button"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My brand new PC has issues staying asleep "Power Button": I just built a brand new PC about two weeks ago.OS: Windows 11 pro 64 bit CPU: AMD R5 5600MoBo: Asus B550M-A WiFi IIGPU: AMD RX 6700 XTCase: Corsair 4000DFor some reason, when I put the PC to sleep it usually wakes itself back up within 5 minutes. Powercfg -lastwake and event...
  9. My brand new PC has issues staying asleep "Power Button"

My brand new PC has issues staying asleep "Power Button": I just built a brand new PC about two weeks ago.OS: Windows 11 pro 64 bit CPU: AMD R5 5600MoBo: Asus B550M-A WiFi IIGPU: AMD RX 6700 XTCase: Corsair 4000DFor some reason, when I put the PC to sleep it usually wakes itself back up within 5 minutes. Powercfg -lastwake and event...
  10. My PC will not stay asleep or hibernate windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC will not stay asleep or hibernate windows 10: Not sure what to do to fix this issue. Im on the newest windows update just for reference. The issue started last night and out of no where. Ive been running the "powercfg /request" option and it says no issues right now. But when I sleep the pc and it wakes right back up and...