Windows 10: Windows 10 will not wake after sleep (new install replaced windows 7)

Discus and support Windows 10 will not wake after sleep (new install replaced windows 7) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Ive been looking on this site to solve my problem and found the following post,can anyone explain to me what or where the folder is that i need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eggheed, May 5, 2020.

1. Eggheed Win User

Windows 10 will not wake after sleep (new install replaced windows 7)

Hi
    Ive been looking on this site to solve my problem and found the following post,can anyone explain to me what or where the folder is that i need to point too to install the driver, do i need disc?Thanks for any help.

See post below.

I have written a more detail about how I installed and saved it as a text file in the driver folder so that I can remind myself next time .....

Note 10-02-2020

This Driver Replaces the Microsoft SATA controller
    Driver.

The Microsoft driver does not allow the computer to
    resume from sleep mode correctly as it does not
    'wake up' the Sata hard drive correctly.

To install it you have to manually update the
    driver from the Device Manage Control Panel.

Select the Sata Drive in the Device Manager Control Panel
    and select the Driver tab and then click on "Update Driver"

Point the system towards this folder and it will see the amd_sata.inf file.

Update the driver.

Restart Computer.

Done!

:)

Eggheed, May 5, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 5, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 will not wake after sleep (new install replaced windows 7)

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 will not wake after sleep (new install replaced windows 7)

1. Windows 10 will not wake after sleep (new install replaced windows 7) - Similar Threads - wake sleep install

2. Waking windows 7 from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Waking windows 7 from sleep mode: I had problems getting my windows 7 64 bit from waking in sleep mode. I tried all the recomended solutions. I finally decided to try and have windows 7 update my graphics card driver. Nvidia 730. That resolved the waking problem I had....
  3. Waking windows 7 from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Waking windows 7 from sleep mode: I had problems getting my windows 7 64 bit from waking in sleep mode. I tried all the recomended solutions. I finally decided to try and have windows 7 update my graphics card driver. Nvidia 730. That resolved the waking problem I had....
  4. Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep: Every evening, I leave my surface on and it goes to sleep as per my power settings. In the morning, my surface won't wake up. I press a key on the keyboard, press the noise, the power button, but nothing works. I have to hold the Power button for 20 seconds to restart my...
  5. Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep: Every evening, I leave my surface on and it goes to sleep as per my power settings. In the morning, my surface won't wake up. I press a key on the keyboard, press the noise, the power button, but nothing works. I have to hold the Power button for 20 seconds to restart my...
  6. Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Sleep Fail After Waking

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Sleep Fail After Waking: Windows 10 Home (OS Build 18363.900) CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 Ti DirectX 12 ZT-P10710C-10P 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 MB: ASUS ROG Strix X470-F RAM: 4 x 16 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V - F4-3200C16D-32GVK SSD: WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB Internal SSD - SATA III 6Gb/s M.2...
  8. Windows wakes immediately after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows wakes immediately after sleep: [IMG] So I've already tried disabling wake timers and changing power settings but my pc still wakes up immediately after going to sleep. I've also tried a registry fix but that doesn't help either. Windows seems to be woken up by the following:...
  9. Windows 10 slowness - wake up after sleep

Windows 10 slowness - wake up after sleep: Asking this question again. As I saw many users have this problem. More than a year ago, I updated Windows 7 to Windows 10 on Toshiba Satellite L750. Laptop has 4 GB RAM, .5T HDD. Few latest Windows 10 updates made the laptop almost unusable wake up after sleep more...
  10. Windows 10 Not Sleeping After Wake Timer

Windows 10 Not Sleeping After Wake Timer: Greetings all! I've been trying to remedy this issue I've had with Windows 10 since instillation about a year and a half ago. I'm running Windows 10 Education (Version 1903) on a single user home computer. I notice quite often in the morning that the system is powered on,...