Windows 10: Windows 10 will woo gamers with supercharged DirectX 12...

Discus and support Windows 10 will woo gamers with supercharged DirectX 12... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 will woo gamers with supercharged DirectX 12 graphics API Windows 10’s blatant bid to woo back PC power users already looks pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by A Guy, Oct 6, 2014.

1. A Guy Win User

Windows 10 will woo gamers with supercharged DirectX 12...

Windows 10 will woo gamers with supercharged DirectX 12 graphics API

Source

A Guy, Oct 6, 2014
  2. Trust_No1 Win User

I just got another Radeon HD 7770 card (it is what I use in my gaming machine, Windows 7) and just set it up for Crossfire (dual cards), and it installed on Windows 10 without a glitch.

I did some benchmark performance testing and Windows 10 edged out Windows 7 just slightly, in my configuration.

Unfortunately, my games that I had loaded on Steam, went cuckoo, and wouldn't play right, had to disable Crossfire.

No games currently, that I know of support DirectX 12, it is still a little controversial as to the performance gains, Redmond has played it down, some say it may even hinder performance due to the extra shading factors. It's new and usually takes a couple of years to get implemented.

Many games only support DirectX 9.0c and 11, seems 10 was kind of left out in the cold. I don't know why.

:)

Trust_No1, Oct 6, 2014
  3. Windows 10 directx 11.2

Everyone,

FAQ

Q: Should I wait to buy a new PC or GPU?

A: No – if you buy a PC with supported graphics hardware (over 80% of gamer PCs currently being sold), you’ll be able to enjoy all the power of DirectX 12 games as soon as they are available.

Q: Does DirectX 12 include anything besides Direct3D 12?

A: Also new is a set of cutting-edge graphics tools for developers. Since this is a preview of DirectX 12 focused on Direct3D 12, other technologies may be previewed at a later date.

Q: When will I be able to get my hands on DirectX 12?

A: We are targeting Holiday 2015 games.

Q: What hardware will support Direct3D 12 / will my existing hardware support Direct3D 12?

A: We will link to our hardware partners’ websites as they announce their hardware support for Direct3D 12.

check if the hardware that you have supports directx 12 if not it will run the directx 11.2

These links helped me a lot

DirectX 12 FAQ: All about Windows 10's supercharged graphics tech

How to test your PC's DirectX 12 performance today

DirectX 12 and Windows 10

Mark Antony86, Oct 6, 2014
  4. Windows 10 will woo gamers with supercharged DirectX 12...

DirectX 12 & Video Editing/Video Rendering

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

DirectX 12 is one of the key features for PC gamers. DirectX 12 can offer much improved
    power performance. This allows you to play all your favorite game on portable device without having issues with your hot device on your lap or you don’t need to carry a power adaptor with you.Direct3D
    12 got improvements in CPU utilization.

You may refer to the article for more information.

DirectX 12 and Windows 10

Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 6, 2014
  5. Burgurne Win User
    Okay and so on for DX12, but no games are supporting DX12 right now. On the other hand we want to know how Windows 10 will play older gmes with dx9.0c!! Windows 8.1 has indeed some troubble with these oldies compared to the same oldies in windows 7.
    Look here at eightforums:
    old games are very slow

Burgurne, Oct 6, 2014
  6. Trust_No1 Win User
    The few I have played, went without a hitch. My 360 controller for PC installed automatically and worked just fine. I think it was more Windows 8.0 that had problems early on, and a lot of that was with mouse control. But, those issues were sorted out.

However, I still use my Windows 7 machine for gaming, it's tried and true, and no need to switch.

I don't think DirectX 9 or 9.0c were a problem (I could be wrong), but I thought it was older versions, and that was more an issue with how Direct X was implemented. Wasn't it Dx10 that was the culprit? I thought it was the major break away form prior versions of DirectX, and 11 implemented the corrections. I could be wrong.

But, even so, I think it is far to early to judge Windows 10, gaming sometimes, is a lot about optimization.

Trust_No1, Oct 7, 2014
  7. It is rumored that several XBox One games were updated with some of the programming features of DX12 to get the developers to increase frame rates and resolution. DX12 coding is out there, just not for mass consumption yet.
    Nice thing is how the older graphics cards and Intel processor internal graphics that DX12 supports.

John Pombrio, Oct 8, 2014
  8. Windows 10 will woo gamers with supercharged DirectX 12...

Meh, same old same old. They make the same claim every time a new version of DirectX is announced. IMHO the reality is the average gamer isn't going to rush out and buy new hardware that supports DirectX 12 when very few games actually support it. Diehard gamers maybe, but not Joe public, average gamer. By the time I have DirectX 12 games and hardware, DirectX 13 or maybe even 14 will be out. I'm not alone in that either. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for progress, just not the hype that goes with it. *Wink

alphanumeric, Oct 8, 2014
  9. GTA V will absolutely benefit from this, the game looks ugly on XBOX 360 and PS3 because they only support Direct X 9.0C (PS3 have GeForce 7900 while XBOX 360 have Radeon X1900)

RoasterMen, Oct 8, 2014
  10. marsmimar Win User
    Totally agree.

marsmimar, Oct 8, 2014
  11. DX12 will be heavily used on the new consoles first as they need all the graphics help they can get. They were graphically challenged the day they launched. Since the boxes use X86 architecture, there will be a lot more PC ports using pretty much the same code so DX12 will be propagated to the PC that way. I agree tho, a lot DX10 games still coming out.

John Pombrio, Oct 8, 2014
  12. Meh. As already mentioned, by the time dx12 is mainstream, our gpus and dx version will still be a few generations ahead only to be held back by aging consoles.

i too am all for improvement, especially less overhead between software and hardware but am not going to hold my breath seeing any big improvements anytime soon.

SmartEyeball, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 will woo gamers with supercharged DirectX 12...

1. Windows 10 will woo gamers with supercharged DirectX 12... - Similar Threads - woo gamers supercharged

2. Directx 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 12: Hello I would like to reactivate my ultimate Directx 12 in my Windows 11 I use a Dell latitude I tried all your methods up to downloading other drivers but still nothing I don't want to reinstall my system it's a headache I have too many important things let me know by email...
  3. Directx 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Directx 12: Hello I would like to reactivate my ultimate Directx 12 in my Windows 11 I use a Dell latitude I tried all your methods up to downloading other drivers but still nothing I don't want to reinstall my system it's a headache I have too many important things let me know by email...
  4. Directx 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 12: Hi everyoneI just install a game: Comand and Conquer Generals. And it require directx 8.1 or higher to play but I already have directx 12 so I didn't tick the box to install it. When I start the game, it runs but has an error:I verify that my video card meets the minimum...
  5. Directx 12

Directx 12: Hi everyoneI just install a game: Comand and Conquer Generals. And it require directx 8.1 or higher to play but I already have directx 12 so I didn't tick the box to install it. When I start the game, it runs but has an error:I verify that my video card meets the minimum...
  6. DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12: I Have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 and the issue is that I am unable to play call of duty warzone due to Directx 12 giving me this message, " Your Operating system is not supported. This can cause the game to run slowly and it may stop completely. Would you like more...
  7. DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX 12: I have Win10 with DirectX 10. I have the latest update, and it still has DirectX 10. How do I update to DirectX 12? Regards, Larry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-12/2696914f-ff2b-4bbe-a0d0-373a06316325
  8. DirectX 11.2 overwrote DirectX 12

DirectX 11.2 overwrote DirectX 12: Hello everybody ! I recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 and got DirectX12 , but when i tried to install a game it automatically overwrote it with 11.2 . Because dx12 is exclusively for windows 10 I can't find anywhere an installer or something to solve my problem . I...
  9. Directx 12

Directx 12: Hi i am new to this forum i just upgraded to windows 10, but when i run dxdiag it says directx 11.1 is this normal? Shouldn't be directx 12, can i do something to get the new directx 12 or i have to wait for an official uptade? thanks 10544
  10. Windows 10 Enterprise and DirectX 12?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Enterprise and DirectX 12?: Hey everyone. I'm building a gaming rig and I have access to Windows 10 Enterprise through work which I can install on a home computer. However I'm wondering if DirectX 12 is included in that since Enterprise is more of a business orientated OS. I'm also wondering about...