Windows 10: Windows 10 window manager is broken?

Discus and support Windows 10 window manager is broken? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just found a really strange behaviour of WinAPI. Try to create simple window project (default) for example in VS2017 on Windows 10. In functions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PRIGORYAN, Mar 11, 2019.

1. PRIGORYAN Win User

Windows 10 window manager is broken?

Just found a really strange behaviour of WinAPI. Try to create simple window project (default) for example in VS2017 on Windows 10. In functions CreateWindow/CreateWindowEx/MoveWindow/SetWindowPos try to set X and Y to 0, 0 which should correspond to top left corner of screen on single monitor system. Run it. Whoops (screenshot). X is about 7 pixels far right than it should be (see pic). Run same executable on Windows 7 without recompilation - everything is just as expected (0, 0 is top left corner). Seems like a bug to me

Windows 10 window manager is broken? 0835957f-3f7c-4330-94f5-658ac1bbc68e?upload=true.jpg
    Windows 10 window manager is broken? d3bca415-73fb-4bc9-831d-8ec5eff15ff1?upload=true.jpg

Here is a github gist with source code.

P.S.

My Win10 version is 18348 (Insider preview). But this issue was found a lot earlier.
    VisualStudio 2017 is latest available community edition.

:)

PRIGORYAN, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 window manager is broken? - Similar Threads - window manager broken

2. Windows 10 is broken.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is broken.: Hello, I have recently had problems in windows 10. For starters, I had to reset my pc 2 different times. Now my Microsoft store is no longer working. It opens but when I try to download something it stops gives me code 0x80072f8f. I reinstalled the store via PowerShell, ran...
  3. Windows 11 Color Management Completely Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Color Management Completely Broken: For the life of me I can't understand how Microsoft could release a new version of Windows and neglect color management. It is completely broken in Windows 11. That means I can't accurately profile my monitor, create icc profiles, use any Adobe product that requires color...
  4. Windows 11 Color Management Completely Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Color Management Completely Broken: For the life of me I can't understand how Microsoft could release a new version of Windows and neglect color management. It is completely broken in Windows 11. That means I can't accurately profile my monitor, create icc profiles, use any Adobe product that requires color...
  5. Broken Windows 10

Broken Windows 10: My operating system has been having some major problems as of late. Some key issues include: — The settings app doesn't work anymore. When trying to launch it, it'll open for a brief moment then quits automatically — The search bar and Cortana is not responsive, nothing...
  6. Windows 10 broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 broken: My brother somehow messed up the PC he built and I got stuck fixing it. In short: nothing works. -The desktop is empty except for the default windows 10 wallpaper. No icons. -The nav bar at the bottom of the screen only shows the windows icon, search icon, cortana icon,...
  7. Windows 10 Broken

Windows 10 Broken: [IMG]My pc is stuck on this loading screen i have tried to launch up automatic repair but it just says it is repairing it then goes back to that screen. I have also tried launching my usb with the windows install on from bios but that just brings up this same screen when i do...
  8. Disk Management is broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk Management is broken: I want to partition my hard disk, only to found this..[ATTACH]Even right-clicking dosen't help the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-management-is-broken/e7c5d8b4-77a9-402f-aa46-16732c6ccea9
  9. Task manager is broken

Task manager is broken: I think Windows Task manager is broken. It always seas that my Cpu Ussage is 100%. i tried this on other computers too and it was the same there. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-is-broken/45c3ab77-0b84-4c07-8fa9-ddedc4da5533
  10. Wifi Broken and Power Management Broken.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Broken and Power Management Broken.: I have a win10 machine here that is getting worse and worse. Now it is off the web permanently, I can't connect at all. It was intermittent and then progressively worse and now totally off. It is supposed to be connecting via wifi3 whatever that means. The third wifi...