Windows 10: Windows 10 window snapping with keyboard only

Discus and support Windows 10 window snapping with keyboard only in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I disable the windows edge snapping when dragging apps around my different monitors but keeping the win+left or win+right hotkeys for snapping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShittySnapping, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Windows 10 window snapping with keyboard only

How do I disable the windows edge snapping when dragging apps around my different monitors but keeping the win+left or win+right hotkeys for snapping windows to the left or right of whatever monitor they are currently on?

:)

ShittySnapping, Oct 25, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 window snapping with keyboard only

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 window snapping with keyboard only

1. Windows 10 window snapping with keyboard only - Similar Threads - window snapping keyboard

2. windows 10 snap windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 snap windows: I have windows 10 and I always use the snap windows feature but for some reason, it won't work it hasn't been working for around 2 weeks now, I have checked the settings to make sure it turned on and even turned it off and restarted my PC then turned it back on and restored...
  3. windows 10 snap windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 snap windows: I have windows 10 and I always use the snap windows feature but for some reason, it won't work it hasn't been working for around 2 weeks now, I have checked the settings to make sure it turned on and even turned it off and restarted my PC then turned it back on and restored...
  4. windows 10 snap windows

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Snapping Windows On Mac Keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snapping Windows On Mac Keyboard: Hello, I am working in Windows 10 remotely from home through a program called Centrify, with my macbook pro. I am able to snap windows by dragging them to one side of the screen, however it would be very helpful for me if I could do this using my keyboard. I know that with a...
  6. Snap with keyboard misalignment

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snap with keyboard misalignment: When I snap to left or right with the keyboard (Win+Left/Right), there is a gap around the side and bottom of the window, and the title bar is hanging off the top of the screen. It also seems to only affect one side, and restarting will sometimes change sides. It was...
  7. Snap windows (issue with keyboard shortcut)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap windows (issue with keyboard shortcut): I have the Windows 10, version 1903 with the latest update installed (October 24, 2019—KB4522355 (OS Build 18362.449), at the time of writing). I have had this issue related to the 'Snap windows' feature for a while: Under Settings > System > Multitasking, I have enabled...
  8. keyboard window resize snap?

in Windows 10 Support
    keyboard window resize snap?: Do not have Win10, but am wondering something. In Eightforums.com I posted a thread with the title: keyboard window resize snap . It's that annoying 'feature' that occurs when the on-screen keyboard button next to the 'X' button is pressed: which resizes ALL the windows...
  9. Windows snapping keyboard shortcut hotkeys not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows snapping keyboard shortcut hotkeys not working: Hi, So suddenly today while rearranging windows, snapping stopped working. I'm unable to snap windows using the Win + Left/Right/Up/Down. Moving the windows with the mouse still works, but not with the keyboard hotkeys. As you can imagine this is incredibly inconvenient...
  10. Disable corner snapping keyboard shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable corner snapping keyboard shortcut in Windows 10: Hi, This is a small thing they added in Windows 10, but it's really annoying me. I like to use Win + Down arrow to minimise windows, but if you've already hit Win + Left or Right, Aero snapping to the side, Win + Down will snap the window to the corner instead of minimising....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window snapping with keyboard only

2. window 10 stop mouse snapping but keep keyboard snapping

3. snapping windows 10