Windows 10: Windows 10 / Windows 11 OEM License FAQ

Discus and support Windows 10 / Windows 11 OEM License FAQ in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i buy the new customize PC few month ago, can i buy windows 10 pro OEM License? or i need buy esd or fpp license? may i know the new pc with valid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ccm0101, Jan 19, 2022.

1. ccm0101 Win User

Windows 10 / Windows 11 OEM License FAQ

i buy the new customize PC few month ago, can i buy windows 10 pro OEM License? or i need buy esd or fpp license? may i know the new pc with valid windows oem license right is new customize pc with windows oem license at same invoice? can i buy new customize pc with this computer shop, and buy oem windows license with other computer shop?

:)

ccm0101, Jan 19, 2022
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jan 19, 2022
  3. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Jan 19, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 / Windows 11 OEM License FAQ - Similar Threads - OEM License FAQ

2. Windows 10 / Windows 11 OEM License Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 / Windows 11 OEM License Question: i buy the new customize PC few month ago, can i buy windows 10 pro OEM License? or i need buy esd or fpp license? may i know the new pc with valid windows oem license right is new customize pc with windows oem license at same invoice? can i buy new customize pc with this...
  3. Windows 10 / Windows 11 OEM License Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 / Windows 11 OEM License Question: i buy the new customize PC few month ago, can i buy windows 10 pro OEM License? or i need buy esd or fpp license? may i know the new pc with valid windows oem license right is new customize pc with windows oem license at same invoice? can i buy new customize pc with this...
  4. Windows 10 / Windows 11 OEM License Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 / Windows 11 OEM License FAQ

Windows 10 / Windows 11 OEM License FAQ: i buy the new customize PC few month ago, can i buy windows 10 pro OEM License? or i need buy esd or fpp license? may i know the new pc with valid windows oem license right is new customize pc with windows oem license at same invoice? can i buy new customize pc with this...
  6. Windows 10 / Windows 11 OEM License FAQ

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 / Windows 11 OEM License FAQ: i buy the new customize PC few month ago, can i buy windows 10 pro OEM License? or i need buy esd or fpp license? may i know the new pc with valid windows oem license right is new customize pc with windows oem license at same invoice? can i buy new customize pc with this...
  7. Windows 11: FAQ

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11: FAQ: What is Windows 11?Windows 11 is the next version of the operating system from the Windows Family by Microsoft Corporation, announced June 24th 2021. Windows 11 succeeds Windows 10. What are the system requirements for Windows 11?The system requirements for Windows 11 are as...
  8. Windows 11: FAQ

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11: FAQ: This is the unofficial FAQ for Windows 11, the next Operating System by Microsoft.What is Windows 11?Windows 11 is the next version of the operating system from the Windows Family by Microsoft Corporation, announced June 24th 2021. Windows 11 succeeds Windows 10. What are the...
  9. Windows 10 OEM License

Windows 10 OEM License: Hi there looking for some answers. I am about to build a new PC, a week or two away and I am going to buy a Windows 10 OEM license. Does this come on a DVD? Something I wont be able to use, as it wont have a DVD reader. Or can I download the ISO file on a USB and use...
  10. License Windows 10 OEM

License Windows 10 OEM: I understand that now the Windows 10 OEM license comes embedded in the BIOS. The institution in which I work asks me for a licensing document, how can I obtain it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/license-windows-10-oem/b66dbb96-0884-48ef-9b0a-ef3b7641ef9d