Windows 10: Windows 10 - Windows 7-style Backup, Restore: "there are no backups saved on the current...

Discus and support Windows 10 - Windows 7-style Backup, Restore: "there are no backups saved on the current... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On Windows 10 2004 I have Windows 7-style Backup configured to run a weekly backup of all of the system drive C: plus a system restore image to another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jay Libove, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Windows 7-style Backup, Restore: "there are no backups saved on the current...

On Windows 10 2004 I have Windows 7-style Backup configured to run a weekly backup of all of the system drive C: plus a system restore image to another local drive F:\WindowsImageBackup\{$MACHINENAME}

In the Windows 10 Windows 7-style Backup applet, in the Restore options area, it says "there are no backups saved on the current backup location".

If I run "WBADMIN GET VERSIONS" I will see the backups, e.g.:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>wbadmin get versions

wbadmin 1.0 - Backup command-line tool

C Copyright Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Backup time: 06/12/2020 05:00

Backup target: Fixed Disk labeled MediaF:

Version identifier: 12/06/2020-04:00

Can recover: Volumes, Files, Applications, Bare Metal Recovery, System State

Snapshot ID: {ad86e12d-355f-400f-bb85-6570525575f4}

.. and I can see the recoverable items within that backup version:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>wbadmin get items -version:"12/06/2020-04:00"
    wbadmin 1.0 - Backup command-line tool
    C Copyright Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

EFI System Partition

Volume ID = {bb684d59-1e3e-4e1e-9fa1-9512e315f943}

Volume '', mounted at <not mounted> '', mounted at <not mounted> at the time

the backup was created

Volume size = 529.00 MB

Can recover = Full volume

Volume ID = {89011178-ab2f-407a-870a-8cce973549a4}

Volume '', mounted at C:

Volume size = 237.84 GB

Can recover = Full volume

Application = Registry

Component = Registry \Registry

So, why does the Windows 7-style Backup/ Restore app claim that "there are no backups saved on the current backup location"?

Here's a screenshot:

Windows 10 - Windows 7-style Backup, Restore: "there are no backups saved on the current... 776141e4-ffde-4551-841e-2f263a598ffe?upload=true.jpg

Thank you,

-Jay

:)

Jay Libove, Dec 6, 2020

2. Windows 7 backup

Haven't used it but sounds like it based on Backup and Restore Center info found here. Says you can choose what files and folders if you want and also mentions a system image. Quicken has it's own backup option under one of the menus, use that too. I have for my mom and it's a breeze. Just reinstall app and use Restore in Quicken.

Wrigleyvillain, Dec 6, 2020
  3. windows 10 backup

In Windows 10 there are two types of backups:

• the old style windows 7
    • File History that allows you to save your important files to an external drive.
    Backup and restore(Windows 7) is just a label to remove confusion-it means you are using Windows 7 style backup

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Windows 7-style Backup, Restore: "there are no backups saved on the current...

Windows 7 Backup question

Hi, I have Windows 7 x64 HP. I've used the backup and restore feature to backup on an external drive, and I've also burned a copy of the restore software that it wished me to burn onto a CD. My question is, if ever my PC fails or something and I need to restore my files, will I need anything beyond the external drive and the backup CD? Or will I need the original OS CD as well? I upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista but I don't have my Vista disc anymore (lost it a long time ago), which basically means the Windows 7 upgrade disc shouldn't work either (to be honest, I haven't touched the disc in nearly a year so I don't really know where the W7 update disc is either :/). Thanks.

runevirage, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Windows 7-style Backup, Restore: "there are no backups saved on the current...

1. Windows 10 - Windows 7-style Backup, Restore: "there are no backups saved on the current... - Similar Threads - style Backup Restore

2. Backup and Restore Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore Windows 7: HiMy Windows is 11 x64 latest version, When I want use Backup and Restore Windows 7, my Drive F: is also selected by default to backup and I can not deselect it why this happed?! I want just backup my drive C: because the backup size is too large with drivce F:...
  3. Backup and Restore Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore Windows 7: Why does Control Panel Backup and Restore show Windows 7?. I have a desktop with Windows 11 and Microsoft. Am I going to have a problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore-windows-7/ffb8d8b9-02e6-40fa-9373-25dd94f803bb
  4. Backup and Restore Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup and Restore Windows 7: I have the Backup and Restore Windows 7 set to backup every day and I see that it creates a new folder each day. If I wanted to restore, am I correct that everything on my SSD would be erased system files, programs and data and replaced by the info from the Backup and Restore...
  5. Windows 7 Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Backup and Restore: It is my understanding that the Windows 7 Backup and Restore is no longer supported, in Windows 10. It's a shame because this was a simple yet robust backup of a Windows 7 then Windows 10 system.Can anyone recommend a 3rd party app that will feature backups to an external...
  6. Windows 7 Backup and Restore

Windows 7 Backup and Restore: It is my understanding that the Windows 7 Backup and Restore is no longer supported, in Windows 10. It's a shame because this was a simple yet robust backup of a Windows 7 then Windows 10 system.Can anyone recommend a 3rd party app that will feature backups to an external...
  7. Windows 7 Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows 7 backup & restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 backup & restore: Why do you use Windows 7 for backup & restore? 7 seems so out of date and I'm having a problem with it reading the Flash drive in it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-backup-restore/188f750b-188d-435d-af8f-159f500286db
  9. Windows 7 backup/restore

Windows 7 backup/restore: I use this backup option on weekdays. Unfortunately the app does not allow skipping weekend days. Is there a way to automatically limit backups to weekdays? Thanks for any help....
  10. Backup and Restore (Windows 7)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore (Windows 7): My PC originally came with XP (OEM). My upgrade procedure was to install an SSD and load 8.1 on that. When booting for the first time, I was surprised but pleased to see that I had the choice of 8.1 or XP. Subsequently, I opted to upgrade to Win 10 and that worked in the same...