Windows 10: Windows 10/Windows 8.1 Un-installation and re-installation

Discus and support Windows 10/Windows 8.1 Un-installation and re-installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a desktop which runs on Windows 10 (Non OEM Version) and a laptop which runs on Windows 8.1 (Non OEM Version). I wish to interchange the OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Abhijit Sen, Sep 11, 2019 at 6:22 AM.

1. Windows 10/Windows 8.1 Un-installation and re-installation

I have a desktop which runs on Windows 10 (Non OEM Version) and a laptop which runs on Windows 8.1 (Non OEM Version). I wish to interchange the OS between the desktop and the laptop. I have misplaced the media in which I received the installers. Let me know if (a) this is possible (b) the steps to accomplish the OS interchange.

:)

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 11, 2019 at 6:25 AM
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 11, 2019 at 6:25 AM
  4. CK011885 Win User

Windows 10/Windows 8.1 Un-installation and re-installation

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

Thema:

Windows 10/Windows 8.1 Un-installation and re-installation

1. Windows 10/Windows 8.1 Un-installation and re-installation - Similar Threads - installation installation

2. ERROR during Windows 10 Fresh Install via USB (PLEASE READ)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ERROR during Windows 10 Fresh Install via USB (PLEASE READ): I am trying to install a copy of Windows 10 to a newly built PC via USB drive. For reference, the PC specs are: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 OC Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus...
  3. How can I install Vision Standard 2010 in Windows

How can I install Vision Standard 2010 in Windows: I own a copy of Vision Standard 2010 (Academic) and I have the Product Key. Can I install it in Windows 10 with the install DVD that originally came with the product? I have updated a computer to Windows 10 and want to use this program. I really hope I don't have to change...
  4. How to install Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to install Windows Defender: Hello there, I need to install Windows Defender and the whole Security Center to my system once again. Is there a way to do it, without system reset? Before you ask, it isn't just the matter of being disabled, stopped service, registry error or group policy setting (checked...
  5. Can't figure out how to install Teredo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't figure out how to install Teredo: So I bought state of decay 2 to play with my buddies. I cannot join or host games though. I get the error 1006. I have tried to get Teredo to work through the command prompt and through the device manager where you use legacy hardware. When I attempted to alter the program...
  6. Can’t delete/format the selected partition when installing win10 from usb

Can’t delete/format the selected partition when installing win10 from usb: I am trying to reinstall win10 to my laptop because my laptop cant start. I downloaded the ISO directly from Microsoft onto a usb pen. When it asked me where to install windows, I selected the biggest one directly but then it said windows couldn’t format a partition on...
  7. How do I install WaasMedic service on my computer?

How do I install WaasMedic service on my computer?: I am running Windows 10 on my laptop computer. Windows Update repeatedly gives an error message and then rolls back to the previous version. This is getting so repetitive that I have a Windows Update waiting every time I start my computer. I got worried that the system would...
  8. Installing Windows Server side by side Windows 10 stopcode 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installing Windows Server side by side Windows 10 stopcode 0xc000021a: Hi I like to install Windows Server side by side on my windows 10 on Lenovo T230s. Windows 10 works splendidly. Starting from from a prepaired USB with Windows Server 2019 results in stopcode 0xc000021a. Rebooting in Windows 10 works without a problem. So there is nothing...
  9. Windows trying but failing to install "english (us) speech recognition" with error code...

Windows trying but failing to install "english (us) speech recognition" with error code...: Just bought a HP Probook that had Windows 10 pro pre installed. Every 5 minutes or so it tries to update the Speech recognition as mentioned in the subject but always fails. This gives off the same chime as other Windows warnings and my e-mail and is all around extremely...
  10. Irish keyboard gets installed automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Irish keyboard gets installed automatically: Hi, There is a bug in Windows 10 - it adds input languages which are not listed in the system and cannot be removed. [ATTACH] Irish keyboard is not listed in the user language list > Get-WinUserLanguageList LanguageTag : en-US Autonym : English (United...