Windows 10: Windows 10 - Windows Defender Antivirus will not START.

Discus and support Windows 10 - Windows Defender Antivirus will not START. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a relatively new Lenovo laptop with "10' and one day I noticed DEFENDER ANTIVIRUS WAS OFF [a RED "X"] and when I tried to START IT, I get a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jagman55, Jul 8, 2018.

1. jagman55 Win User

Windows 10 - Windows Defender Antivirus will not START.

I have a relatively new Lenovo laptop with "10' and one day I noticed DEFENDER ANTIVIRUS WAS OFF [a RED "X"] and when I tried to START IT, I get a popup window that says:

UNEXPECTED ERROR. SORRY, WE RAN INTO A PROBLEM. PLEASE TRY AGAIN. (NO KIDDING)

That was several weeks ago, about 2 dozen "re-trys later".

I contacted Microsoft Support as this is a new relatively new machine.

The Agent took over my laptop, fussed with it for over an hour, finally "gave up", discounted. and THAT WAS THAT.

I would LIKE my Defender antivirus to work as I like it better than an antivirus you buy.

ANYONE have a clue?? The error message is crap "UNEXPECTED ERROR, TRY AGAIN". ???

I assumed "MICROSOFT", could fix it, they wrote it , but they must not know how..

:)

jagman55, Jul 8, 2018

2. What the hell, windows defender?

https://www.av-test.org/en/antiviru...-2017/microsoft-windows-defender-4.12-174847/

28 False Positives in last 2 tests

John Naylor, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Windows 10 - Windows Defender Antivirus will not START.

Decent free antivirus?

Oh and just in case its for an older O/S

this little nugget of goodness
    Still not on Windows 10? Fine, sighs Microsoft, here are its antivirus tools for Windows 7, 8.1
    Redmond extends ATP to older builds, adds third-party links

dorsetknob, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Windows Defender Antivirus will not START.

1. Windows 10 - Windows Defender Antivirus will not START. - Similar Threads - Defender Antivirus START

2. Windows Defender Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus: I uninstalled my antivirus software which is mcafee live safe and Windows defender antivirus did not become active automatically. I can't find a way to re enable it. [ATTACH]...
  3. Can't start Windows Defender Antivirus

Can't start Windows Defender Antivirus: I have a laptop that came with McAfee and Bitdefender software. Both subscriptions expired. I uninstalled both so that I can just use Windows defender, but it won't start. I get the following message: "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization". I...
  4. Windows Defender and Antivirus

Windows Defender and Antivirus: Most of the users do not want to use paid Antivirus software and use Windows Defender Antivirus. But some do have trust on Microsoft Defender and use paid anti-virus software.But what is your response? Comment below....
  5. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: hi, in my windows defender security center's virus and threat protection it says "Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". How can i change it....
  6. Windows Defender Antivirus scan couldn't be started

Windows Defender Antivirus scan couldn't be started: "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" Can someone help me on the above message please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-antivirus-scan-couldnt-be-started/a0e0a523-caf7-4098-8221-036c349b47cc
  7. Windows Defender Antivirus wont start

Windows Defender Antivirus wont start: Hello, I have a 4 day old new HP computer and I want to run Windows Defender. I had a free trial version of McAfee. I uninstalled McAfee using their uninstaller. Windows Defender antivirus wont start. I get a message: "unexpected error. sorry, we ran into a problem please try...
  8. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: my pc windows defender antivirus suddenly stoppped. i tried to turn it on or even restarting but its denying .its always displaying a "out of date" message .i am trying to update it but no progress...
  9. Windows Defender Antivirus

Windows Defender Antivirus: The scan found a trojan virus and to remove it is asking for my password which I enter and it doesnot accept https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/windows-defender-antivirus/ced9f7a5-7bb6-44fe-8b92-20909e49f6ea
  10. Windows 10 AntiVirus & Windows Defender

Windows 10 AntiVirus & Windows Defender: I've upgraded to Windows 10 and noticed my AntiVirus and Firewall was removed. My question is do I need to install another AntiVirus & Firewall or is Windows Defender up to the job? The AV & Firewall I had on was ZoneAlarm 18810

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender will not start 577

2. win 10 uninstalled mcafee win antivirus will not start

3. windows defender antivirus not starting

4. windows defender antivirus will not start,
  5. windows 10 defender not starting,
  6. windows Difender antivirus will not start