Windows 10: windows 10 windows defender vs webroot?

Discus and support windows 10 windows defender vs webroot? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have both on my laptop. The webroot just expired.....Do I need webroot since I already have the windows defender?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BillRobinson4, Oct 5, 2020.

1. windows 10 windows defender vs webroot?

I have both on my laptop. The webroot just expired.....Do I need webroot since I already have the windows defender?

:)

BillRobinson4, Oct 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 does accept WebRoot

Hi Joyce,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue you are facing it could be due to the Webroot is not is not compatible with Windows 10. I suggest you to uninstall the Webroot anti-virus program and check if the issue still persist. To uninstall the program try the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel and click on Program and features.
    • Locate for the anti-virus program, right click on it and uninstall it.
    You can also contact webroot support team for further assistance.

Thank you. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 5, 2020
  4. windows 10 windows defender vs webroot?

windows 10 windows defender vs webroot

Hello,

To prevent software conflicts and performance issues, you don't need to have both Windows Defender and Webroot installed on your computer. Just a reminder, Windows Defender is disabled when a third party antivirus program is installed on Windows 10.

We suggest that you keep Windows Defender as it is the No. 1 built in antivirus for Windows 10; protecting your computer against viruses, malware, and spyware. If you wish to use Windows Defender on Windows 10, you have to remove Webroot using the

Webroot Removal Utility
    and reboot the computer.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have other inquiries.

Noreen Mon, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 windows defender vs webroot?

1. windows 10 windows defender vs webroot? - Similar Threads - defender webroot

2. I have a message on my PC that says my computer is blocked by windows defender and to call...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a message on my PC that says my computer is blocked by windows defender and to call...: My PC is locked up. Says it is Windows defender security center and to call 1-888-318-9325. I'm sure it's a scam but how do I get out of it?...
  3. Should I continue with Webroot Security or Win Defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I continue with Webroot Security or Win Defender?: I have Win 10. It comes with Win Defender Security which I'm not using. But I'm paying Webroot Security $49 a year to protect the desktop computer.Should I let the Webroot elapse and go with Win Defender?...
  4. Should I continue with Webroot Security or Win Defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I continue with Webroot Security or Win Defender?: I have Win 10. It comes with Win Defender Security which I'm not using. But I'm paying Webroot Security $49 a year to protect the desktop computer.Should I let the Webroot elapse and go with Win Defender?...
  5. Should I continue with Webroot Security or Win Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Webroot Preventing me from using Windows Defender

Webroot Preventing me from using Windows Defender: I uninstalled webroot from my desk top. When I go to Security it shows webroot is still active. I can't turn webroot off which in turn is preventing me from turning Windows Defender on. help?[Original Title: windows defender]...
  7. Windows Defender or Webroot Geek Squad

Windows Defender or Webroot Geek Squad: Hello, I just paid a lot of money $49 to renew my Webroot subscription. But I know Win 10 has Windows Defender. I want to know should I cancel the renewal w/ Webroot and just go with Defender? What's the difference between the two? Should I save my money? Opinions....
  8. After uninstalling Webroot Antivirus I cannot turn on real time protection in Defender?

After uninstalling Webroot Antivirus I cannot turn on real time protection in Defender?: I uninstalled Webroot Antivrus and now I cannot turn on real-time protection in Defender, can someone help me. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/after-uninstalling-webroot-antivirus-i-cannot-turn/8a43d525-3255-4d9a-b229-02836a1478c6
  9. Webroot v Defender

Webroot v Defender: As a condition of a discount deal with Best Buy I received Webroot. Now BB continually bugs me to download the software. I currently use MS Defender. Is Webroot better than Defender? If I do download Webroot but do want to use it how do I delete it before it replaces...
  10. Wasn't defender supposed to turn off by itself having Webroot?

Wasn't defender supposed to turn off by itself having Webroot?: I made the upgrade from 8.1 to win 10 and dabbing around with it now. I had latest version of webroot AV installed. After the transition, it seems that both defender and webroot are running at the same time. Now obviously I don't want two protection system. It'll slow crap...