Windows 10: Windows 10: Windows Fax and Scan cannot send a fax due to "an unexpected error"

Discus and support Windows 10: Windows Fax and Scan cannot send a fax due to "an unexpected error" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My husband uses Windows Fax and Scan every day for his business. Suddenly it is no longer working - it will attempt to send a fax the maximum number of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RedInkWrites, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Windows 10: Windows Fax and Scan cannot send a fax due to "an unexpected error"

My husband uses Windows Fax and Scan every day for his business. Suddenly it is no longer working - it will attempt to send a fax the maximum number of times, but err off each time with a message that says it can't be sent "due to an unexpected error".

We've tried it with multiple recipients (different fax numbers), and it's a global issue. I ran the Hardware Troubleshooter, and it found no issues. The modem is working fine. I uninstalled the fax hardware then re-booted, thinking something might have become corrupted, but it didn't fix it, either.

I have no clue what to try next. Anybody have any suggestions? THANKS!

:)

RedInkWrites, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10: Windows Fax and Scan cannot send a fax due to "an unexpected error"

Delta6326, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10: Windows Fax and Scan cannot send a fax due to "an unexpected error"

1. Windows 10: Windows Fax and Scan cannot send a fax due to "an unexpected error" - Similar Threads - Fax Scan cannot

2. Windows Fax and Scan send failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan send failure: We have experienced an issue for quite some time now and cannot find any solution. Not only that, but I also cannot even find a single post anywhere where someone else is asking for help with this particular issue. If our fax server calls a fax number and the receiving number...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan send failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan send failure: We have experienced an issue for quite some time now and cannot find any solution. Not only that, but I also cannot even find a single post anywhere where someone else is asking for help with this particular issue. If our fax server calls a fax number and the receiving number...
  4. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  5. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  6. Windows Fax and Scan error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan error: My environment is using a hosted share fax on a fax server. Some users are encountering the below error "This fax cannot be sent at this time. Please launch the Compose Form from Windows Fax and Scan and click on New Fax to attach this document to send it out as fax." This...
  7. Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes

Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes: Hello, I've got a client whose computer is unable to send faxes. She's never used Windows fax and scan on her computer before so I can't say if this is a new problem or if it's been around for a while. She can setup an account in the windows fax and scan program without...
  8. Windows FAX & SCAN erratic send.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows FAX & SCAN erratic send.: Some receiving machines do not recognise a Windows FAX and the "send" times out with Fax Monitor error "-- -- failed to respond ." I know there is a connection as I hear dial out and opening chatter from recipients machine. The occurance of a FAX not being sent is...
  9. cannot send faxes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot send faxes.: tried to send eFax several days ago but no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-send-faxes/222aca10-d91b-4d9b-9874-9ea5dac1a8ad
  10. FAX send with Windows 10

FAX send with Windows 10: Hi: I recently upgraded from Win8.1. This is the first time that I am attempting to send a FAX with Win10. I have a two-sheet PDF document to send. I am getting an error message saying something about needing a FAX server ?? I have MS2003 Word, Apache Open Office,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 fax unexpected error

2. windows fax unexpected error

3. Windows fax and scan unexpected error

4. cam scan fax error,
  5. the fax cant be sent because of an unexpected error,
  6. fax cant be sent due to an unexpected error,
  7. fax cant be received due to unexpected error windows 10,
  8. unexpected error on windows fax and scan,
  9. windows fax and scan fax cant be sent becausr of unexoected error,
  10. windows 10 zoom fax modem errror the fax cant be sent because of an unexpected error,
  11. his fax couldnt be sent due to an unexpected error,
  12. the fax could not be sent unexpectin gerror win 10,
  13. Fax and Scan error fax cant be sent because of an unexpected error,
  14. 2020 fax and scan problem will not send or receive fax,
  15. windows fax cant be sent because of unexpected error