Windows 10: Windows 10 windows folder size

Discus and support Windows 10 windows folder size in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can anybody explain the size/files count/folders count difference? File Explorer -> c:\windows -> mouse right button properties [ATTACH] File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nikolay Nikolov nnickolov, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 windows folder size

Can anybody explain the size/files count/folders count difference?

File Explorer -> c:\windows -> mouse right button properties

Windows 10 windows folder size 9e572b09-b8d6-49ac-8249-c0820656b1fc?upload=true.jpg

File Explorer -> c:\windows -> select all files and folders including hidden ones -> mouse right button properties

Windows 10 windows folder size c48d828b-ebf0-44af-aa70-b031d58356f3?upload=true.jpg

File Explorer shows all files plus hidden and system files.

Drive C: is checked with chkdsk.exe;
    Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

10x.

Nikolay

:)

Nikolay Nikolov nnickolov, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Windows Folder SiZE ???

Im using vista 64 and the windows folder is HUGE. Its over 18GB and seems to keep on increasing. I only have a 40GB partition for windows and software so im running out of space. Googling about this brought me to topics where users have 8GB windows folders. Im wondering why mine is soo big and what I can do to make it smaller

techjunkie, Sep 17, 2020
  4. a_ump Win User

Windows 10 windows folder size

Windows Folder SiZE ???

my windows folder is 16.3gb. i don't think there's anything out of the ordinary personally.

a_ump, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 windows folder size

1. Windows 10 windows folder size - Similar Threads - folder size

2. Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...: Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a 40gb folder in desktop to transfer to another storage.. But once I clicked the folder's properties it only shows 9+gb, but all the files are still there.. and tried to copy that folder...
  3. Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...: Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a 40gb folder in desktop to transfer to another storage.. But once I clicked the folder's properties it only shows 9+gb, but all the files are still there.. and tried to copy that folder...
  4. Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change Size Explorer Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Size Explorer Folder: Good afternoon. I have the following question, maybe someone knows the answer. I increased the scale of my Windows system and now I have just huge Explorer folders width/height and I would like to make them smaller. Just set the size width and height of the Explorer folder...
  6. Change Size Explorer Folder

Change Size Explorer Folder: Good afternoon. I have the following question, maybe someone knows the answer. I increased the scale of my Windows system and now I have just huge Explorer folders width/height and I would like to make them smaller. Just set the size width and height of the Explorer folder...
  7. I want to set up all of the folders on my HD to show the same order of Name, Size,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to set up all of the folders on my HD to show the same order of Name, Size,...: I have a new PC and it has all folders showing Name, Date Modified, Type and Size. But, I want all Folders to show Name, Size, Date Modified, Type. How can I accomplish this task?...
  8. I want to set up all of the folders on my HD to show the same order of Name, Size,...

I want to set up all of the folders on my HD to show the same order of Name, Size,...: I have a new PC and it has all folders showing Name, Date Modified, Type and Size. But, I want all Folders to show Name, Size, Date Modified, Type. How can I accomplish this task?...
  9. i have problem ? i found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have problem ? i found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages: HiI have problem? I found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages I can delete this folder. and why is it high size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-i-found-folder-size-172gb-in/9f206684-47dd-4550-b93d-9763d95b0b64
  10. i have problem ? i found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages

i have problem ? i found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages: HiI have problem? I found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages I can delete this folder. and why is it high size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-i-found-folder-size-172gb-in/9f206684-47dd-4550-b93d-9763d95b0b64