Windows 10: Windows 10 - Windows Media Player - Music Storage Library

Discus and support Windows 10 - Windows Media Player - Music Storage Library in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; To Whom It May Concern, I come to say that the music storage library of the Windows 10 operating system is ineffective, and the database associated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by fthonkytonkTrabulo, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - Windows Media Player - Music Storage Library

To Whom It May Concern,

I come to say that the music storage library of the Windows 10 operating system is ineffective, and the database associated with it musicmatch-ssl.xboxlive.com is very incomplete in terms of albums besides giving insufience information or none at all about songwriters (composers) as it did for example in Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional. After the hard work I've had over 14 years of accumulating correct information from my music albums, this current Windows 10 library and its associated database completely destroyed all the information I had, it's completely UNMISSIBLE that you have completely "scorned" Windows 10 in terms of music especially for collectors like me. I can say more, for inexplicable reasons, the album covers "SLIDE" randomly from one album to another, for example, I may be listening to a Jimi Hendrix album that has the cover of Bruce Springsteen or vice versa, this happens to dozens and dozens of albums unfortunately. it's a total madness, a complete mess. I had so much work in storing music properly for so long, now I see it completely destroyed. So, I can only conclude that this Windows 10 and its Media Player are a real TRASH.

:)

fthonkytonkTrabulo, Oct 28, 2019

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Oct 28, 2019
  3. THRiLL KiLL, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Windows 10 - Windows Media Player - Music Storage Library

Windows Media Player.

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to check the ‘Windows Media Player’ settings from the steps below.

1. Open the ‘Windows Media Player’, in the player ‘Library’, click on ‘Organize’.
    2. Select ‘Options’, this will open the ‘Options’ window for the ‘Windows Media Player’.
    3. Click on the ‘Library’ tab, please confirm if the ‘Retrieve additional information from the Internet’ is checked, check the options ‘Rename music files using rip music settings’ and ‘Rearrange music in rip
      music folder, using rip music settings’ under ‘Automatic media information updates for files’. Click on ‘Apply’.
    4. Click on the ‘Player’ tab and check the option ‘Connect to the Internet’. Click on apply.
    5. Restart the ‘Windows Media Player’ and check if it works out for you.
    Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Windows Media Player - Music Storage Library

1. Windows 10 - Windows Media Player - Music Storage Library - Similar Threads - Media Player Music

2. how to reinstall music to my windows media player library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reinstall music to my windows media player library: I have lost a lot of music from my windows media player old rock & roll , they are listed, but a dialog box appears and says files lost or missing from library. question: if they are listed, why can't I play them? there is a lot of great R&R I am missing...
  3. how to reinstall music to my windows media player library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reinstall music to my windows media player library: I have lost a lot of music from my windows media player old rock & roll , they are listed, but a dialog box appears and says files lost or missing from library. question: if they are listed, why can't I play them? there is a lot of great R&R I am missing...
  4. Media Player caused dup copies of music library.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player caused dup copies of music library.: Used Media Player Ver 11.2212.31.0 on Win10 PC to rip and tag music. It produced dup copies of music library. I had made changes in Med Player file locations options. Why did this happen? Can I delete the extra libraries? Where did MusicBrainz CD file come from and where is...
  5. Media Player caused dup copies of music library.

Media Player caused dup copies of music library.: Used Media Player Ver 11.2212.31.0 on Win10 PC to rip and tag music. It produced dup copies of music library. I had made changes in Med Player file locations options. Why did this happen? Can I delete the extra libraries? Where did MusicBrainz CD file come from and where is...
  6. Record music to media players library to save for later.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Record music to media players library to save for later.: I burn CDs a lot, but I don, t know how just to install in media players library to have there to record later can you help me Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/record-music-to-media-players-library-to-save-for/7f6a7c57-d164-451f-a4f3-eed5b10ccee5
  7. Windows Media Player Library

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Media Player Library: This has started popping up on my monitor. Never have seen it before today. Anyone else with this? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-library/d848f55a-dc62-4cc1-94f7-c49e27f497a6"
  8. Recover music library in media player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover music library in media player: I reinstalled windows 10 and lost all my music in my media player library how can I get them back please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-music-library-in-media-player/4e9a94c1-e0c8-432d-96a1-bb3ddcae2181
  9. Windows Media Player no longer has music library

Windows Media Player no longer has music library: Windows 10 Windows Media Player 12 Hello. Just turned on my computer and Windows has one album showing with 4572 songs at 0 minutes The music in file explorer plays thru groove but no longer thru media player. I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail Updating media...
  10. Windows Media Player no longer has my music library

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Media Player no longer has my music library: Windows 10 Windows Media Player 12 Hello. Just turned on my computer and Windows Media Player has one album showing with 4572 songs at 0 minutes My library in WMP is gone The music in file explorer plays thru groove music. I have to right click on the track and select for it...