Windows 10: Windows 10 Windows Media Player will not burn CDs. Problem with files. Be Crazy.

Discus and support Windows 10 Windows Media Player will not burn CDs. Problem with files. Be Crazy. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After adding songs to the burn list, inserting a blank CD, checking audio CD, and clicking Start Burn I always get an error message that says there are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobertSmithXE, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Windows Media Player will not burn CDs. Problem with files. Be Crazy.

After adding songs to the burn list, inserting a blank CD, checking audio CD, and clicking Start Burn I always get an error message that says there are problems with some files. After wasting a lot of time looking for the actual problem in order to fix it, I found a workaround. A popular definition of craziness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Turns out you have to be crazy to use WMP, or just acting crazy will work. I tried clicking on OK in the error message (which makes it disappear) and then immediately clicking on Start Burn again. The error message appears again instantly and I made a game of seeing how fast I could alternately click OK and Start Burn. I didn't keep count but it took between 10 and 20 cycles before WMP surrendered and burned the CD with no more problems. I have burned 2 CDs this way since I discovered this solution and both play in all CD players I have tried. This is much, much faster that chasing imaginary problems with your files; I am sure the problem is with the WMP program. If you get this error message, try my solution.

:)

RobertSmithXE, Nov 11, 2018

2. Burning CD with Windows Media Player

Hi Carey,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Firstly, Windows Media Player requires that content intended to be burned to discs be first stored on the computer's hard disk. Therefore, I would suggest you to copy all the songs to a folder first and then proceed to the next step.

Once that is done, I would suggest you to refer to the help article below for steps to burn the CD and check if it helps.

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player: frequently asked questions

In response to your query, please note that the track information will or will not show depending on the file or whether it is being played on a Text-enabled CD player.

Get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Dale-NA Win User
    Windows 10, Media Player 12, Burning Audio CD "An Error Occurred" details states "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc."

When burning an Audio CD using CD-R or CD-RW I am getting an error from windows media player 12.

"Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the files. To investigate the problem, click the icon next to the files in the burn list."

Software installed on system is

• Windows 10 build 1803 (x64)
    • Media Player 12.0.17134.81
    • Nero 2018 Platinum
    Using a LG model WH16NS40 drive and Magnavox 52x 700MB 80min disc. My C: drive is a Samsung 500 GB 850 SSD that contains my library of MP3 files. My paging file is managed by the system on a RAID 0 drive D: comprised of 3 Samsung 1 TB 850
    SSD drives. Intel i7 7820X CPU and 128 Gigs of RAM.

Steps to reproduce,

1. Open Media player
    2. Select enough MP3's in your library to fill the disc (I was using 700 MB discs)
    3. Add them to a new bun list in Media Player
    4. Insert a CD into drive. (tried both CD-R and CD-RW with same results)
    5. From the "Burn" tab in Media Player I selected the "Start Burn" button
    6. I immediately was given an error message:
      1. "Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the files. To investigate the problem, click the icon next to the files in the burn list."
    7. Changed to optical drive letter (mine is drive EWindows 10 Windows Media Player will not burn CDs.  Problem with files. Be Crazy. :) in media player. Status in media player stated "An Error Occurred"
    8. Selected the red X next to file. It said the following:
      1. "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc."
    9. Press the "Start burn" again and now different files from the same list are causing the error. Never gets to processing the files for the burn
    10. Keep pressing "Start Burn" until it works and no errors are reported. No changes of the audio files just clicked the "Start Burn" button.
    Burn options in Media player are:

• General
      • Burn Speed - Slow
    • Audio CDs
      • Apply volume leveling across tracks - CHECKED
      • Burn CD without gaps - CHECKED
    • Data Discs
      • Add a list of all burned files to the disk in this format: - M3U
      • Use media information to arrange files in folders on the disc - CHECKED

I have a video of the this process to back up what I'm reporting

The problem is when I have a large selection of files I want to burn to multiple Audio discs, I have to "baby sit" the process and only process enough files to fill one disc (multiple discs won't retry just moves onto the next set of files). A burn of multiple
    discs is a nightmare using Windows Media player and is as pleasant as backing up a 1 TB drive to floppies.

I've seen other posts about un-installing media player (did that), defrag the hard drive (SSD try again), Clean the CD lens, CD's are old technology (really!!!, an excuse I seen on this forum from another user). Windows Media Player won't burn CDs

Please fix Media Player so it won't error out on files that are obviously not the problem. I've been using Media Player since version 10. I've tried others and they either focus on doing too much, poorly or don't have this ability to burn a playlist as
    easily at Media Player.

Dale-NA, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Windows Media Player will not burn CDs. Problem with files. Be Crazy.

"Windows media player cannot burn some of the files. To investigate the problem, click the icon next to the files in burn list" error message on burning the CD in Windows Media Player on Windows 10.

Hi Bridget,

The above issue might have occurred due to some of the corrupted/missing files present while burning the CD.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are the files protected?
    • Do you see any mark on the files you are trying to burn?

Follow the steps below to delete the corrupted/missing files while burning the CD and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open Windows Media Player, copy the files you want to burn and click
      Start burn option.
    • When the error message “Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the files. Ti investigate the problem, click the icon next to the files in burn list” appears, click on
      OK.
    • From the left hand side of the window, click on Blank Disk. The files you are trying to burn should appear. One or more files should have a while
      X in a red circle to its left, these are the files that will not burn to the CD/DVD.
    • Remove the files with the icon and the burn should work.

Refer to the link below on Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player and check if it helps (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/burn-cd-or-dvd-media-player

Write to us with the status of burning the files to CD not working on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Windows Media Player will not burn CDs. Problem with files. Be Crazy.

1. Windows 10 Windows Media Player will not burn CDs. Problem with files. Be Crazy. - Similar Threads - Media Player burn

2. Windows Media Player not burning CDs .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player not burning CDs .: After burning it shows this peculiar info:"Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device driver."What flummox me...
  3. Windows Media Player not burning CDs .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player not burning CDs .: After burning it shows this peculiar info:"Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device driver."What flummox me...
  4. Windows Media Player 12 Won't Burn Audio CDs

Windows Media Player 12 Won't Burn Audio CDs: Running Windows 10, using WMP 12. I can burn one CD, but after that, every time I attempt to burn a CD, the progress bar approaches 33% and then quickly goes to 99% and I get this error: "Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the files. To investigate the problem, click...
  5. Windows Media Player 12 Won't Burn Audio CDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player 12 Won't Burn Audio CDs: Running Windows 10, using WMP 12. I can burn one CD, but after that, every time I attempt to burn a CD, the progress bar approaches 33% and then quickly goes to 99% and I get this error: "Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the files. To investigate the problem, click...
  6. Windows Media Player 12 Won't Burn Audio CDs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Unable to burn CDs in Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to burn CDs in Windows Media Player: When trying to burn a CD in Windows Media Player, I'm getting an error message that states " Windows media player cannot burn the files, if the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have...
  8. Windows media player not burning cds in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows media player not burning cds in Windows 10: Hello. About two weeks ago I built a computer from scratch with two dvd drives. I'm running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit and just discovered that while I was able to transfer all my music files from the flash drive, I cannot burn any cds with either of the two drives. I get...
  9. Windows media player will not burn cds

Windows media player will not burn cds: Every time I try to burn a cd in media player, I get an error message about some files not being able to be burnt, and to click the icon beside the files. There are no icons beside the files and it happens EVERY time I try!...
  10. Windows Media Player will not burn CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player will not burn CDs: I bought a new computer a month ago. I tried to burn a CD today from Windows Media Player but it will not recognize a blank disc. First, I tried burning a CD using iTunes and burning a data file to CD. Both worked fine. Next, I looked up troubleshooting via Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player will not burn cds

2. windows media player not burning

3. windows media player wont burn cd windows 10

4. windows media plyer not seeingcd burner in windows 10,
  5. windows media player will not burn,
  6. CDs not burning loud enough in Windows media player,
  7. windows media player unable to burn cd windows10,
  8. media player wont burn cds windows 10,
  9. windows media player wont burn windows 10,
  10. media player in windows 10 will not burn,
  11. windows media player not burning cds,