Windows 10: Windows 10, Windows Media Player's video freazes and locks up.

Discus and support Windows 10, Windows Media Player's video freazes and locks up. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10, and Windows Media Player. I am also using an Intel i7-8700K CPU, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU, on an Alienware Aurora R7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GL Fox, Jun 14, 2019.

1. GL Fox Win User

Windows 10, Windows Media Player's video freazes and locks up.

I am using Windows 10, and Windows Media Player. I am also using an Intel i7-8700K CPU, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU, on an Alienware Aurora R7 PC.

Never had this happen before on any other PC, but on my new PC, at times when going full-screen in Windows Media Player, the video image locks up. The sound is still playing, so the video is still running, but the video image is frozen.

Also, it locks me out of my PC and I can't get out of full-screen or do anything with my PC but look at the frozen video image wile I hear the video still playing.

I can get out of this by putting my PC to sleep with the power button, and hitting the mouse to wake it back up, but it can happen again at any time.

The video itself does not seem to matter, for if I play the same video again in full screen, it sometimes works, or if I use a video that worked many times before, will lock up too. So it is not any given video causing this.

MY PC is also fully up to date with the latest drivers, so it should not be a driver issue. I have had this PC for near a year now, and it has always had this issue with going full-screen in Windows Media Player.

Not sure what topics to add this to, for I don't see one that fits this very issue, so I added it to Performance & system failures, as it seems to me to be the best fit out of all the given options I could find.

:)

GL Fox, Jun 14, 2019

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jun 14, 2019
  3. THRiLL KiLL, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10, Windows Media Player's video freazes and locks up.

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10, Windows Media Player's video freazes and locks up.

1. Windows 10, Windows Media Player's video freazes and locks up. - Similar Threads - Media Player's video

2. video and media player buffering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video and media player buffering: how to fix video and media player buffering and slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-and-media-player-buffering/fe1aad7c-a278-4c91-90d4-c1c006d5d7cf
  3. windows media player not saving videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows media player not saving videos: I had to reinstall windows 10 had many videos saved to windows media player, They seem to have disappeared I tried to get them back but was unable to and now when I try to add a new video it goes to the unsaved list How do i get the videos back and how to they go...
  4. windows 10 media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 media player: I was able to rip 2 songs, but can't find anything in my library. Now it won't rip any from purchased c.d. or one from iTunes. I've tried the trouble shooter. But It tells me that it can't rip one or more tracks from the c.d. Been trying to fix this for hours today to no...
  5. video in Windows Media Player

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    video in Windows Media Player: I have shot a video on my camera in portrait orientation. Can I now rotate it into landscape within Windows Media Player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-in-windows-media-player/a9deb9da-f86c-403e-8bd5-98011065a2f8
  6. Videos skip to the end on Windows 10 Media Player

Videos skip to the end on Windows 10 Media Player: Hi, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 330-15IKB 2019, with a i5-8250U CPU, Intel UHD Graphics 620. Everything was working fine till a couple of days ago when my media player, upon clicking on a mp4 file, starts the video, then skips through it like it's on 7x or 8x speed and straight...
  7. editing a video with windows 10 media player

editing a video with windows 10 media player: what are the steps to edit a video with windows 10 media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/editing-a-video-with-windows-10-media-player/4e5d84e7-f02e-47cf-90ad-889b48ca7c3f
  8. adding video to media player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    adding video to media player: How do I add a video to Media Player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-video-to-media-player/40284536-5d46-4c2d-8a48-89d717855a87"
  9. Windows media player crashes on music or video.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows media player crashes on music or video.: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: wmplayer.exe Application Version: 12.0.17134.1 Application Timestamp: 854a1b2d Fault Module Name:...
  10. Windows 10: Windows Media Player, no video only sound.

Windows 10: Windows Media Player, no video only sound.: Running on Lenovo Yoga 500. Windows Media Player will not play video but play sound (audio) only. Same issue with Windows Movie Maker, no video only sound. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 40832

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media player locks freezes windows 10

2. media player lock up

3. axlite video player locks up