Windows 10: Windows 10 Windows not fully Maximized..

Discus and support Windows 10 Windows not fully Maximized.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey All, I just noticed under Win 10 when I maximize a Windows like IE11 it does not fully open to the borders of the screen.. this happens on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JLAF5150, Apr 18, 2017.

1. JLAF5150 Win User

Windows 10 Windows not fully Maximized..

Hey All,

I just noticed under Win 10 when I maximize a Windows like IE11 it does not fully open to the borders of the screen.. this happens on the bottom and right side of the window in question..

Now I found I can press Windows key + Right Arrow an then the window fully opens.. I was wondering why when I maximize the window it does not open fully and I have to press the hotkey to get it fully opened.

is there a setting I can use to have the window fully open?

:)

JLAF5150, Apr 18, 2017

2. Maximizing and Youtube

So I like to have my browser screen fully maximized, so I'll click the maximize button like everyone else. But I then go to watch a video on YouTube, and ill play it in full screen. Then whenever I close the video from full screen the browser window will
    not be maximized forcing me to maximize it again. And since I watch a lot of YouTube this gets really annoying and tedious really quickly. So my question is how do I stop/fix Microsoft Edge from continually un-maximizing my window?

YoungCrouton, Apr 18, 2017
  3. Tim1901 Win User
    IE 11 Won't Open Maximized In Windows 10

I am running IE 11 on Windows 10, Pro, 64bit. Whenever I open IE using my desktop icon, it doesn't open fully maximized. I have to click on the "Maximize" icon in the upper right corner. This happens every time I open IE 11 and/or any of my desktop internet
    web page shortcuts. How can I permanently correct this to where all of my IE pages open maximized? Thanks for your help!!

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category (from Windows | Windows 10 | Network & internet to
    Internet Explorer | Internet Explorer 11 | Windows 10).**

Tim1901, Apr 18, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

Can you not grab the edges and pull to the borders, then try closing and reopening to check if it solves problem.

dencal, Apr 18, 2017
  5. Win10Pro Win User
    Go to: "C:\Users\(user's name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Internet Explorer.lnk", right click on Internet Explorer and choose Properties.

In the "Shortcut" tab next to "Run" change from Normal window to Maximized.

Win10Pro, Apr 18, 2017
  6. JLAF5150 Win User
    No neither one of these solved it and it happens with All Windows I open not just IE11.. I can use Windows key + Right arrow, if the window is in the right side monitor and it fully opens but not when I tap maximize..

JLAF5150, Apr 19, 2017
  7. JLAF5150 Win User
    OK I found out this is an issue as far back as windows 8. it is an invisible windows border.. I was able to minimize the effect with Win Aero in the setting called Windows Borders.. there is 2 settings in there Border Width and Border Padding I set them to 0 and it fixed it a bit even tho there is still a bit of invisible border but not as bad now..

kinda sucks Microsoft did not add this to remove the invisible border.. I dont like it much..seems I am not alone there are many who dislike the invisible border..

JLAF5150, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Windows not fully Maximized.. - Similar Threads - fully Maximized

2. How do I fully remove Microsoft Parental controls from my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fully remove Microsoft Parental controls from my PC?: Currently I have the worryingly common problem of Microsoft Family Features asking me to log in, constantly, as an annoying popup. I have tried numerous options to disable this already:I have attempted to log into my Microsoft account when prompted, and got the following...
  3. How do I fully remove Microsoft Parental controls from my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fully remove Microsoft Parental controls from my PC?: Currently I have the worryingly common problem of Microsoft Family Features asking me to log in, constantly, as an annoying popup. I have tried numerous options to disable this already:I have attempted to log into my Microsoft account when prompted, and got the following...
  4. Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading: I logged in to my old laptop to recover some files and it was a bit slow to even start and just for a note i have not used it in about 8 months. After i had logged in there was a message on my desktop letting me know about a new windows update. I had tried clicking on it and...
  5. Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading

Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading: I logged in to my old laptop to recover some files and it was a bit slow to even start and just for a note i have not used it in about 8 months. After i had logged in there was a message on my desktop letting me know about a new windows update. I had tried clicking on it and...
  6. Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Cannot fully maximize steam window if I log in to my hotmail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot fully maximize steam window if I log in to my hotmail account: This problem has bugging me for years since I upgraded to windows 10. The above pictures are from my laptop. But in my desktop computer, it is similar.Background: We know that the windows of different applications have layers. The window on top of all other windows is usually...
  8. Cannot fully maximize steam window if I log in to my hotmail account

Cannot fully maximize steam window if I log in to my hotmail account: This problem has bugging me for years since I upgraded to windows 10. The above pictures are from my laptop. But in my desktop computer, it is similar.Background: We know that the windows of different applications have layers. The window on top of all other windows is usually...
  9. Cannot fully maximize steam window if I log in to my hotmail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot fully maximize steam window if I log in to my hotmail account: This problem has bugging me for years since I upgraded to windows 10.The above pictures are from my laptop. But in my desktop computer, it is similar.Background: We know that the windows of different applications have layers. The window on top of all other windows is usually...
  10. Window does not open fully (maximized)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window does not open fully (maximized): [ATTACH] Hello, I have Surface Pro 7 and I downloaded Ht Parental Control app. The app does not open fully. I cannot press the maximized icon (the square one). I tried to solve it using properties>shortcut>Run>maximized. But the problem persists....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my vpn screen not fully maximize

2. windows not fully maximizing windows 10