Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 - Windows Processes Hanging Constantly (Even After Windows Re-Installation)

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 - Windows Processes Hanging Constantly (Even After Windows Re-Installation) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Before I'd officially get this post started off, I would like to list some things that I am 100% aware of in the resolution of this issue. If needed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Innovxtionz, May 6, 2019.

1. WINDOWS 10 - Windows Processes Hanging Constantly (Even After Windows Re-Installation)

Before I'd officially get this post started off, I would like to list some things that I am 100% aware of in the resolution of this issue. If needed to figure any information out about the actual problem itself, refer to the following sections as needed. PLEASE READ ALL OF THE INFORMATION BEFORE REPLYING. THANKS

Section 1 - PC Specifications / General Driver Status

This is a detailed, up-to-date list of all of my PC's components:

Current Version: 10.0. 17763 Build 17763

System Manufacturer: MSI

System Model: MS-7693

System Type: x64

System Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor, 3500 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 6 Logical Process...

BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. V25.0

SMBIOS Version: 2.8

BIOS Mode: Legacy

Base Manufacturer: MSI

Base Motherboard Product: 970A SLI Krait Edition

SSD Type: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB

Display GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 1060 6GB

RAM Storage: 8GB

Section 2 - Detailed Synopsis of Issue

Ever since May 3 2019, I have had a very serious problem with Microsoft Windows 10 freezing and hanging when certain tasks are performed. It will generally start off normal from boot. Everything loads correctly and all apps are successfully functioning. If I let my PC idle for a little (usually takes 3-10 minutes), then once I start trying to perform basic tasks (EXCEPT BROWSING GOOGLE CHROME, IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY WHILE BROWSING), the Microsoft Windows process starts Not Responding and I will soon come across a dialogue box that states: "The application is not responding" and proceeds to ask me whether I want to End the Process, or Cancel and wait for it to respond (in which it hardly ever does). Now, when I don't idle and try tasks like running a game, the game will fully launch and I will get approximately 1m23s into the game before major hanging and freezing starts occurring again. Right before the freezing happens, I will lose sound for the application, yet it works normally. Then all components of that app just stops all together and takes a while to respond once again. The weird thing is, whenever the said app/game freezes, the mouse and keyboard functions still work. I can move the cursor all I want, and use the Windows Key to help bring up the taskbar, BUT whenever I try to launch anything else while the frozen app is still existing, it will be placed in the background of the frozen screen. Alt+Tabbing seems to work, however going to actual window doesn't occur until the freezing has ceased. Task Manager cannot be opened from there either. Ctrl+Shift+ESC (Task Manager shortcut) will seem to open the task manager, yet nothing still shows in the foreground. I have ran a multitude of tests including a Memory Diagnostic, Basic and Advanced Troubleshooting of Windows+Apps, full registry cleansing (using Wise Registry Cleaner), a full system scan using "sfc /scannow" in the Command Prompt, an elevation of allocated RAM, manual driver checks for every element in the Device Manager, cleaning of temp files, and the biggest of all, A CLEAN REINSTALL OF WINDOWS 10. None have seemed to fix the issue. Once I realized that the reinstallation of Windows did not fix my problem, it led me to believe that it was some kind of BIOS / Hardware defect. Keep in mind that this issue only started occurring 3 days ago. I then thought to myself, that the only explanation is faulty main hardware, like a motherboard or ram issue because of a detailed BIOS scan I perfomed. I haven't 100% confirmed that either one CANNOT be the issue, however it is highly unlikely due to all parts having been updated recently (June 28, 2018). I am now currently stuck in finding a valid, and helpful solution.

Section 3 - Conclusion

If anyone can provide information on how to tackle the problem, I would gladly accept any feedback and try to respond with results as soon as I can. I can provide more additional information if needed, however they may be VERY minor since all info above is more than an adequate description of what exactly is going on. Thanks in advance, and hopefully this issue gets resolved.

:)

Innovxtionz, May 6, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 6, 2019
  3. R-T-B Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, May 6, 2019
  4. WINDOWS 10 - Windows Processes Hanging Constantly (Even After Windows Re-Installation)

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 6, 2019
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 - Windows Processes Hanging Constantly (Even After Windows Re-Installation)

1. WINDOWS 10 - Windows Processes Hanging Constantly (Even After Windows Re-Installation) - Similar Threads - Processes Hanging Constantly

2. Constant BSOD, Even After Re-Installing Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD, Even After Re-Installing Windows: Hi,I recently built my first PC a few months ago, but after installing Windows, I've been running into constant BSOD errors . My hardware is all fine, with all components properly seated. I have downloaded both BlueScreenView and WinDbg Preview in an attempt to navigate...
  3. Constant BSOD, Even After Re-Installing Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD, Even After Re-Installing Windows: Hi,I recently built my first PC a few months ago, but after installing Windows, I've been running into constant BSOD errors . My hardware is all fine, with all components properly seated. I have downloaded both BlueScreenView and WinDbg Preview in an attempt to navigate...
  4. Constant BSOD, Even After Re-Installing Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Constant BSOD even after fresh re - install, dump file analyzer claiming...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Constant BSOD even after fresh re - install, dump file analyzer claiming...: Hi, for the past 2 months, I have been getting constant BSOD crashes randomly during the day where I keep getting the error:- IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALSeeing this I know this is a driver error, but even after a fresh re-install of windows, this error still pops up on the BSOD...
  6. Windows Constant BSOD even after fresh re - install, dump file analyzer claiming...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Constant BSOD even after fresh re - install, dump file analyzer claiming...: Hi, for the past 2 months, I have been getting constant BSOD crashes randomly during the day where I keep getting the error:- IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALSeeing this I know this is a driver error, but even after a fresh re-install of windows, this error still pops up on the BSOD...
  7. Windows 10 hangs, even after reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hangs, even after reinstall: So, first and foremost, I update Windows immediately... After having a overwhelmingly good running install on my PC since quite a couple of years, things have gotten worse mid-2020. This I concluded with the fact that the machine has been running this install for years, so...
  8. Windows Update freeze even after re-installing windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update freeze even after re-installing windows.: Hello, For more than a year I have been having issues with updating my Windows 10 computer. Whenever there is an update scheduled when turning off the computer, it will freeze at around 30% (the moving circling dots will freeze as well), and it will stay like that for hours...
  9. Constant Windows 10 hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Constant Windows 10 hangs: Here's a chronic and apparently unsolvable problem with Windows 10. Short desciption: ever since moving the boot partition to a Crucial MX200 SSD, the PC has been crash and hang prone. Windows 10 Version: 10.0.15063 Build 15063 32 Bit Windows, PC has a AMD FX6300 and...
  10. windows installation constantly freezes/hangs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows installation constantly freezes/hangs: On a new PC build, recreated windows installation media twice on the USB, everytime i get to like the enter product key screen it either hangs freezes before i get to enter it or after. 89928