Windows 10: Windows 10 - Windows Search field in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Windows 10 - Windows Search field in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a machine, where the user commonly navigates to a folder, and uses the Windows search field to search for documents in that folder. At least 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jason Brown jbrown2, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Windows Search field in Windows Explorer

I have a machine, where the user commonly navigates to a folder, and uses the Windows search field to search for documents in that folder. At least 4 days a week, at some point, she will click the search field and the cursor does not appear in the box. She can't type anything in it to do a search.

She can click and click and swear at it, the cursor never appears in the box and she cannot type in it.
    Rebooting will restore it to working order... until the next time.
    We have rebooted many times.
    We have run all available Windows updates that Windows update finds.
    I had a look at the Windows Search service in services.msc and it is set to start automatically, restart on first failure, restart on second failure, and restart on subsequent failures.
    We have rebuilt the index in the Indexing Options screen.
    We have run the Searching and Indexing Troubleshooter, it does not find an issue.

What can we do to resolve this issue? I'm running out of ideas.

:)

Jason Brown jbrown2, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Feb 12, 2020
  4. mixa Win User

Windows 10 - Windows Search field in Windows Explorer

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 - Windows Search field in Windows Explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

Windows 10 - Windows Search field in Windows Explorer

1. Windows 10 - Windows Search field in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Search field Explorer

2. Cannot type into any field including search bar or Windows Explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot type into any field including search bar or Windows Explorer search bar: I uninstalled an update of windows as i was trying to troubleshoot a mouse connection issue. since the uninstall i have not been able to type into a search bar. I have tried several troubleshooting options on this forum with no positive results. one thing to note when i try...
  3. Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable: Hello, I am experiencing a weird issue, my Explorer search field/Folder search field seems not working: 1. When I click on it nothing happens, no blinking cursor appears as it should, to input searching query, nothing. 2. When I use combination Ctrl+F, I can input only 1...
  4. Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working

in Cortana
    Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working: I have tried all these suggested fixes and none of them fix either of the two problems. https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/file-explorer-search-not-working.html I am wondering if anyone else had this dual problem? I see there is a Powershell script I can run...
  5. Cannot enter text in windows 10 search fields

in Cortana
    Cannot enter text in windows 10 search fields: Hello I followed two methods using powershell in another popular thread which didnt work. Next i did a sfc /scannow from powershell which detected errors and said was unable to fix them. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to repair some of them....
  6. Explorer Search field does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Search field does not work: Hello, The Explorer search field just to the right of the magnifying glass is unable to receive the focus. I have tried each following approach: >Press Windows key + F >Click the mouse in such field The search field getting the focus has been flaky for me for the past...
  7. Disable Websearch in Windows Search field

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Websearch in Windows Search field: Hello. Am I correct that Microsoft does not give users an easy toggle to disable searching the web in the desktop search bar? I find it very annoying to see websearches when I use the search bar and would like to turn it off. Thanks! 145339
  8. Windows Explorer search field stopped reacting

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer search field stopped reacting: Hello there, A few days ago I installed Nov2019-update for Win10, and after that in Windows Explorer search stopped working. When I search for things from Start panel - all works fine, but when I open some folder and try to put the cursor to the top-right field in order...
  9. Windows 10 - How to customize the search field.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - How to customize the search field.: Hello people. My first post, so I'm sorry if you make any gaffes, ok? Well, I have a very large video collection. I want to classify them by total video time, or length, as it is in Windows. It turns out that the options that Windows offers is not satisfactory. I...
  10. Search field missing from explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search field missing from explorer: The search field in explorer, the one in the upper right corner is suddenly missing. It might've happened after an update but I'm not sure exactly when it happened. I updated to build 18922 today, and the search field is still missing. Any solution to this? [ATTACH]...