Windows 10: Windows 10 - Windows-Security-Auditing-Windows Firewall did not apply the following rule-...

Discus and support Windows 10 - Windows-Security-Auditing-Windows Firewall did not apply the following rule-... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can anyone help me with this error/event. I browsed internet and didn't find any forum that could help me understand how to fix this. I am getting this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Petros Abajyan, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - Windows-Security-Auditing-Windows Firewall did not apply the following rule-...

Can anyone help me with this error/event. I browsed internet and didn't find any forum that could help me understand how to fix this. I am getting this error again and again.

2019 Sep 20 15:03:47 WinEvtLog: Security: AUDIT_FAILURE(4957): Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing: (no user): no domain: DZYPTR1-CONFROOM: Windows Firewall did not apply the following rule: Rule Information: ID: RemotePrivNetwork Outbound Default Rule Name: RemotePrivNetwork Outbound Default Rule Error Information: Reason: Remote Addresses resolved to an empty set.

I didn't find any rule in firewall that indicates this error so I could disable it. I know for example about this error "CoreNet-Teredo-In Name: Core Networking - Teredo (UDP-In) Error Information: Reason: Local Port resolved to an empty set" and I was able to find it and disable from firewall rules but the one that above I have no idea. I tried with cmd command to disable but it can't find RemotePrivNetwork Outbound rule.

This error I see in our network on almost all machines. The network is not domain just regular workgroup and regular LAN. This error particularly I get from fresh installed Windows 10 (doesn't matter which build - 1703, 1709...1903).

If anyone can give me any clue I would highly appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Petros Abajyan, Sep 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 20, 2019
  3. ARC1020 Win User
    firewall alerts even with advanced rules applied

I don't know, it's been a really long time since I've used FTP and even then didn't use it much, so I can't help you. From memory there are two types of FTP, Passive and Active. One of them (Passive I think) doesn't just use Ports 20 and 21, but assigns a different Port number for the data transfer. Maybe that is what's being blocked? Alternatively, maybe the router or ISP is blocking the connection?

However, if you think the problem is due to Windows Firewall (and Windows Firewall isn't asking you whether to allow an incoming connection or not), then you need to see exactly what is being blocked so that you can then add/modify your rules accordingly. Windows doesn't make that particularly user-friendly, but this is how you enable logging:

Go to Group Policy Editor and enable logging of blocked connections:

Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Advanced Audit Policy Configuration > System Audit Policies > Object Access > Audit Filtering Platform Connection > Tick 'Failure'

Windows 10 - Windows-Security-Auditing-Windows Firewall did not apply the following rule-... [​IMG]

Then go to Event Viewer and set it up to view those blocked connections:

Event Viewer > Custom Views > Right-click > Create Custom View > XML tab > Tick 'Edit Query Manually'

Windows 10 - Windows-Security-Auditing-Windows Firewall did not apply the following rule-... [​IMG]

Paste the following:

Windows Firewall Blocked Inbound (All):
    Code:
    Code:
    <QueryList>    <Query Id="0" Path="Security">      <Select Path="Security">*[System[(EventID=5150 or EventID=5157)]]     and *[EventData[Data[@Name="Direction"]="%%14592"]]  </Select>    </Query>  </QueryList>
    Then repeat the above steps for Outbound connections too.

Windows Firewall Blocked Outbound (All):
    Code:
    Code:
    <QueryList>    <Query Id="0" Path="Security">      <Select Path="Security">*[System[(EventID=5150 or EventID=5157)]]     and *[EventData[Data[@Name="Direction"]="%%14593"]]  </Select>    </Query>  </QueryList>
    This will show you everything that's being blocked by Windows Firewall, so you will need to sort through the entries to find the ones that could be related to your FTP problem and add/modify rules accordingly. 'Protocol' numbers shown in the logs are documented at THIS LINK (TCP = 6, UDP = 17)

ARC1020, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - Windows-Security-Auditing-Windows Firewall did not apply the following rule-...

Windows 10 Firewall won't keep my inbound/outbound rules

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the Windows Firewall. I will certainly assist you.

I suggest you to restart the Windows firewall service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Press Windows key + R simultaneously for Run.
    • Type services.msc and then Enter.
    • Right click on the Windows firewall services and then restart the services and check if it helps.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to remove and then read the Windows fire wall rule.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Windows-Security-Auditing-Windows Firewall did not apply the following rule-...

1. Windows 10 - Windows-Security-Auditing-Windows Firewall did not apply the following rule-... - Similar Threads - Security Auditing Firewall

2. Apply local firewall rules

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apply local firewall rules: Hi We have a group policy and what it does is it allows local firewall rules for public and private profile.How do I do this via Intune?I attached an image.RegardsShaun...
  3. Apply local firewall rules

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apply local firewall rules: Hi We have a group policy and what it does is it allows local firewall rules for public and private profile.How do I do this via Intune?I attached an image.RegardsShaun...
  4. Apply local firewall rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows Firewall Rules don't apply

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall Rules don't apply: Hi. Recently, I needed to foward some ports. I attempted to add a new rule to Windows Firewall, and it didn't seem to open the port. I then tried to close a port. Didn't work either. During both of these, I turned off my router firewall. All the services are running. Help...
  6. Windows Firewall Rules Cleaner

Windows Firewall Rules Cleaner: I don't use a third party firewall. I just use Windows Firewall. I find it to be quite good and easy to use. It is even good at manually adding rules. The only negative I see is that there is no built-in way of cleaning redundant or duplicate Windows Firewall Rules, and over...
  7. Windows 10 Firewall Incoming Rules

Windows 10 Firewall Incoming Rules: I created an incoming rule set on one of our workstations and then exported the firewall config. I imported and set the config in Group Policy and applied it to a test set of workstation. I set the setting so that admin changes on the machine would not merge with the GPO...
  8. Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security -- Connection Security Rules

Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security -- Connection Security Rules: I have a scenario that is really confusing me. I recently switched from a 3rd party personal firewall provider to using Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security. I'm not very familiar with it so I decided to do some experimenting. I wanted to play with Connection...
  9. firewall alerts even with advanced rules applied

firewall alerts even with advanced rules applied: I use Windows Firewall with advanced rules applied (such as remote desktop & ftp server ports, etc.). I am getting daily notifications that my firewall "is in an unsafe configuration and is being managed by your system administrator", but when I open WF with Advanced Security...
  10. Windows Firewall Rules

Windows Firewall Rules: I was looking at Windows Firewall with Adv Security and noticed 11 individual but seemingly identical entries for Microsoft Solitaire Collection. The default rules were to allow all. First, why 11? And second, why all any at all? Ditto for Stick Notes, Microsoft Phone,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rule information: remoteprivnetwork

2. audit my firewall rules windows 10 pc