Windows 10: Windows 10 Windows Update Database Corrupted, Windows Update Components error, Disk usage...

Discus and support Windows 10 Windows Update Database Corrupted, Windows Update Components error, Disk usage... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need help. I first noticed issues when my computer grinded to a halt one night and so I pressed restart. My laptop was stuck on the screen that read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YoBuiltAushwitz, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Windows Update Database Corrupted, Windows Update Components error, Disk usage...

I need help.

I first noticed issues when my computer grinded to a halt one night and so I pressed restart. My laptop was stuck on the screen that read ”Getting Windows ready. Don’t turn off your computer” So I took out the battery, put it back in and turned the power on.

My laptop starts back up and checking the task manager, the disk usage is at 100%. I try running an antivirus scan and nothing unusual shows. It seems that it’s because of an error with the latest update that I can’t download. “Windows Update Database is Corrupted”

After troubleshooting and attempting to ”apply fix” the issue still pertains. I’ve tried using the sfc scan and disabling certain thingns in the Service Settings that I see pop up in the majority of solutions pertaining to the disk usage. I troubleshoot one last time and the troubleshooter says to “restart to (i dont remember what it syays here) and try to install the update”.

I’m currently looking at my screen after restarting my laptop and its stuck once again on the “getting windows ready screen”.

TLDR: disk usage is maxed out longer han it should and corrupted Windows Update Databse is to blame. SOS

:)

YoBuiltAushwitz, Jul 10, 2019

2. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Jul 10, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Windows Update Database Corrupted, Windows Update Components error, Disk usage...

Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile Windows 10 Windows Update Database Corrupted, Windows Update Components error, Disk usage... :)

Thermopylae_480, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Windows Update Database Corrupted, Windows Update Components error, Disk usage...

1. Windows 10 Windows Update Database Corrupted, Windows Update Components error, Disk usage... - Similar Threads - Update Database Corrupted

2. Windows updated database error ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updated database error ?: I am in need of some help, I cant update my windows to the latest version and My driver is outdated which i cant update until the newest version of W10. My computer has been dormant for a while , I done numerous updates and went to do the final update of w10 20h2 and it had...
  3. Windows update database corruption

Windows update database corruption: Hello, the most recent windows update 21H1 has released according to the update assistant. I tried installing it through the settings windows update page, where it says an update is available however this one is update 1808 I believe. Regardless it would download and install...
  4. Window Update Database errors

Window Update Database errors: I tried Window Update Tool via Microsoft website.. doesn't work I done Command Prompt with SFC and its come up with 100% its wont update cos of the database errors aaarrrggghhhh...
  5. Windows 10 Update Database Corrupted, Windows 10 Update Database Error (edited)

Windows 10 Update Database Corrupted, Windows 10 Update Database Error (edited): I need help. I first noticed issues when my computer grinded to a halt one night and so I pressed restart. My laptop was stuck on the screen that read ”Getting Windows ready. Don’t turn off your computer” So I took out the battery, put it back in and turned the power on....
  6. Database Error - Windows Update

Database Error - Windows Update: Reported by Troubleshooter, need to know how to repair. Also: Unable to install KB4487017 Error Code 0X800f922. (note that 7017 not on service stack list) Not sure I want to install this update due to the number of reported problems with it, but cannot deal with constant...
  7. Windows Update Database Error

Windows Update Database Error: I have reinstalled my Windows 10, it shows Windows Update Database Error. Troubleshooting couldn't solve the issue please help [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-database-error/e14b6224-4b89-471c-9945-bc7ad37b18e0
  8. Updating error, potentional error in Windows Update-Database.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating error, potentional error in Windows Update-Database.: At first I thought it might be a separate error in my apps only, but now I'm not so sure as there is error in the updates I can't fix. The error is really weird and I'm not really sure if I can fix it myself. There has been an error in my app games too. I would finish levels,...
  9. updates not downloading, corrupt database

updates not downloading, corrupt database: tried over and over to fix corrupt, update database. troubleshooter fixes it and later it's not fixed. Troubleshooter say you have updates, but when checking for any updates , it says you are up to date. how can the database be fixed completely through the system or is there...
  10. Win 10 Update Database Corruption

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Update Database Corruption: When I run the Windows Update Troubleshooter it says the Windows Update Database is corrupted. How can I fix this? Advice would be appreciated. 101195