Windows 10: Windows 10 windows updates wont show install updates and shutdown/restart

Discus and support Windows 10 windows updates wont show install updates and shutdown/restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 windows updates wont show install updates and shutdown/restart Versions: 1803, 1809, 1903 I get updates from wsus Some time ago this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GracjanPodłęcki, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 windows updates wont show install updates and shutdown/restart

Windows 10 windows updates wont show install updates and shutdown/restart

Versions: 1803, 1809, 1903

I get updates from wsus

Some time ago this function worked fine until now.

Please help

:)

GracjanPodłęcki, Sep 5, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Quick Tip: Easily Shutdown or Restart WITHOUT Installing Updates.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been in the situation of needing to shutdown a computer quickly, but there are updates waiting to install. Previous to Windows 8 you could at least restart without being forced to install the updates, and if you are quick you could hit the power button when the computer begins to POST and the computer will turn off. With Windows 8, now even restarting forces you to install the updates. You could use the cmd and Shutdown.exe to shutdown the machine, but I'm getting old and try to avoid the command prompt as much as possible.

Anyway, the easy way I've found to Shutdown or Restart without being forced to install the updates is to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and use the power button in the bottom right on the screen that comes up. For whatever reason, this power button is the only one I've found in Windows 7/8 that gives the option to Shutdown or Restart without installing the updates.

Thought I'd share.

newtekie1, Sep 5, 2019
  3. [Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

Edit: Try "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package first and let us know if it works for you.

Adapted from Preventing a certain Windows Update from installing on Windows 10 by Igal Tabachnik.
    • Uninstall the problematical driver/update.
    • Restart the computer, if necessary, and/or switch to an administrator account.
    • Download Windows Update PowerShell Module and extract it to: %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules After doing so, you will have a %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\PSWindowsUpdate folder with a bunch of files.
    • Start -> All Apps -> expand Windows PowerShell -> right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as Administrator. This is very important or you'll get errors in Windows PowerShell.
    • Now you should see the PowerShell window and you'll have to enter a series of commands. First order of business is loading up PSWindowsUpdate. Note: You have to do this every time you restart PowerShell and want to use PSWindowsUpdate commands!
      CommandDescriptionSet-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -ForceAllows the use of unsigned PowerShell scripts.Import-Module PSWindowsUpdateLoads PSWindowsUpdateSet-ExecutionPolicy Restricted -ForceClose the potential security hole.
    • Enter Get-WUList. This command will take a little while to execute. It retrieves the list of all available updates on Windows Update. If you do not see the problematical update here, it is either no longer being offered or it is installed.
    • Now you need to decide how to filter what update you want to hide. Here's some examples:
      CommandDescriptionHide-WUUpdate -Title "*Realtek High Definition Audio"This looks for a title that ends with (note the asterisk) "Realtek High Definition Audio"Hide-WUUpdate -Title "Realtek*"This looks for a title that starts with (note the asterisk) "Realtek"
      When you enter the above command, it will loop through all results it finds and ask whether or not you want to hide it. Make sure you only say "yes" to the one you want hidden and "no" to the rest.
    • It will automatically show the updated results. Verify there is an "H" under the status of the ones you want hidden and not behind the rest. If it is correct, close out of PowerShell and return to your normal user account if necessary. Run Windows Update and the update should not show/install.
    If you want to unhide an update, add -HideStatus:$false to the Hide-WUUpdate command.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 5, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

1. Windows 10 windows updates wont show install updates and shutdown/restart - Similar Threads - updates wont show

2. Windows Update restart vs. shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update restart vs. shutdown: Every week or so, Microsoft wants me to update my Surface book 3 with the latest windows update. Fine, i get that. What i do not understand is it can somehow only install on a restart. When i click start , power, it shows 'update and restart', but not update and shutdown...
  3. Restarting but showing as update and shutdown

Restarting but showing as update and shutdown: Hello, everytime i click on update and shutdown, it is updating and restarting automatically. Can anyone explain why it is restarting everytime?...
  4. Windows 10 Showing "Update and Shutdown" and "Update and Restart" in Start.

Windows 10 Showing "Update and Shutdown" and "Update and Restart" in Start.: I have updated my Windows 10 Today. Now, My windows 10 is always showing "update and shutdown" and "update and restart" in power menu. When you select any of them, windows would restart or shutdown much slower, but no updates would be installed. When system is on again, those...
  5. Windows 10: install updates and shutdown.

Windows 10: install updates and shutdown.: hi, Since a have version 2004 and i can see the orange dot related with updates i choose update and shutdown. And on previous version it says Shutting down then it configures the update till 30% then it shutdowns my pc.... witch is fine The other day i turn on my pc it...
  6. Windows 10 shutdown, restart, update errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 shutdown, restart, update errors: My system is facing many problems. It wont shutdown. Instead it restarts evenafter trying all the solutions from customer support. If given restart it didn't restart and get stuck at the start screen brand name and I have to again press the power button to switch off and on...
  7. Windows 10 updates wont install, pending restart.

Windows 10 updates wont install, pending restart.: Hi, When i try to update i get these issues. I wasn't aware of these until i tried to update my gpu drivers and they failed because they require that windows is up to date. [ATTACH] and when i run the troubleshooter i get this [ATTACH] however when i restart my pc i...
  8. update wont install on Windows 10

update wont install on Windows 10: The last 2 updates KB4507459 and KB4507419 are not installing on my Windows 10 Can I manually instal these and if so how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-wont-install-on-windows-10/30670d0a-0ed9-4444-a931-ad0faec32eee
  9. Windows wont shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows wont shutdown or restart: Hello, I am currently running a new Windows 10 education edition install after my last one suddenly died. Now my current problem is that no matter the method of trying to shutdown my computer through windows its just gets stuck. Trying to shut down via the start menu doesn't...
  10. Windows 10 updates wont install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 updates wont install: Alright so about a week or two ago, Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586 installed, - i already have windows 10? when it tries to update it just restarts the pc and when i load it back up it shows up again not installed or anything. 48996