Windows 10: Windows 10 wiped everything on my laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 wiped everything on my laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I own a laptop and today, when I turned my laptop on I noticed it took rather long, a message popped up saying that it was preparing windows and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/larrylandleviathen, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 wiped everything on my laptop

So I own a laptop and today, when I turned my laptop on I noticed it took rather long, a message popped up saying that it was preparing windows and when it finally worked I noticed that everything I downloaded, all my homework years of pictures and other projects were all gone, why did It do this and Is there any way to fix it?

submitted by /u/larrylandleviathen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/larrylandleviathen, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 wiped everything on my laptop

Windows 10

so i have windows 8.1 on the laptop, updated from windows 8.
    if i install 10 now can i go back? will it wipe partition C:\ ?

de.das.dude, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 wiped everything on my laptop

1. Windows 10 wiped everything on my laptop - Similar Threads - wiped everything laptop

2. Windows suddenly wiped everything off my laptop. Please help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows suddenly wiped everything off my laptop. Please help.: My files and tabs are very important to me. so are the pictures and stuff I have downloaded. When I woke up this morning to my surprise it was taking a while for me to log in. I thought it was weird. When it finally loaded me in, half of the stuff on my task bar was gone,...
  3. Windows suddenly wiped everything off my laptop. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows suddenly wiped everything off my laptop. Please help.: My files and tabs are very important to me. so are the pictures and stuff I have downloaded. When I woke up this morning to my surprise it was taking a while for me to log in. I thought it was weird. When it finally loaded me in, half of the stuff on my task bar was gone,...
  4. Windows suddenly wiped everything off my laptop. Please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Laptop Windows 8.1 Suddenly Wiped Everything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Windows 8.1 Suddenly Wiped Everything.: Hello guys! I am in a big trouble now. I am a programmer. I worked with my HP 250 laptop Windows 8.1 through the night and I decided to take a short nap and off the system for few hours.I came back, switched on the laptop, and discovered everything is gone. I mean, both the...
  6. My Laptop Windows 8.1 Suddenly Wiped Everything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop Windows 8.1 Suddenly Wiped Everything.: Hello guys! I am in a big trouble now. I am a programmer. I worked with my HP 250 laptop Windows 8.1 through the night and I decided to take a short nap and off the system for few hours.I came back, switched on the laptop, and discovered everything is gone. I mean, both the...
  7. Windows 10 update 2021 wiping everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 2021 wiping everything: My computer recently updated over night. in the morning when i looked at the computer it wasn't booting. it came to the boot menu with four options in the following order: "Windows 10" "Windows Setup" "Windows 10" "Windows Recovery" When i clicked on any of the options...
  8. Windows 10 update wiped out everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update wiped out everything: How do i get all of my documents and photos and files back after windows 10 updated deleted everything. Hundreds of dollars in photo programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-wiped-out-everything/5c622ab8-ab72-4a39-892a-16e8f8f20ed7
  9. Everything wiped from laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everything wiped from laptop: hi. I just logged on to my laptop today and it told me there was a problem with my account and I'm in a temporary user. I fixed it and everything was the same. I restarted and I was logged in my account but literally everything is gone. I have a backup on an external...
  10. Everything is wiped off of my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Everything is wiped off of my laptop: A bad update happened according to the person who looked at my laptop. Nothing works there is a single icon and if you click on it, it is described as not their. It will not connect to internet as it says nothing is nearby (there is). I can not search and windows taskbar...