Windows 10: Windows 10 Wired Screen Resolution and Font size in Some Application

Discus and support Windows 10 Wired Screen Resolution and Font size in Some Application in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I am using Windows 10 with Samsung Laptop - NT900X3N Generally it is ok to use general application. but some of app (especially set up file) has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Goodmanz, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Goodmanz Win User

Windows 10 Wired Screen Resolution and Font size in Some Application

Hi I am using Windows 10 with Samsung Laptop - NT900X3N

Generally it is ok to use general application. but some of app (especially set up file) has wired problem.

I have good view and display in general

Windows 10 Wired Screen Resolution and Font size in Some Application 7623caaa-d337-4c26-8dd0-b562a5293300?upload=true.png

But when i runs some setup file ( eg printer driver ) it has wired font size and screen resolution. (refer below image this fill up whole windows desktop can not see taskbar as well) . the set up file i got from canon site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/black-and-white-laser/mf216n/imageclass-mf216n?tab=drivers_downloads widnows 64 bit driver.

I am not able to select below next / prev / help button.

Windows 10 Wired Screen Resolution and Font size in Some Application 15fab629-361c-429b-abea-284487de2131?upload=true.png

Is there any setting or registry need to be modified ?

Thanks

Felix Jung

:)

Goodmanz, Dec 24, 2018
  2. rwjustus Win User

Screen Font Sizes Shrinking on Higher Resolution Monitors

I just posted a question regarding screen font sizes shrinking on higher resolution monitors. Many of us who are buying larger monitors are doing it because of the shrinking font sizes. Unfortunately, it appears that someone in the corporate offices of
    software vendors think we want to see more things on our screens when we are only trying to increase the sizes of objects and text back to what they were on our old monitor.

I realize that there is the ability to increase screen font sizes by changing the screen resolution, changing default font settings and using zoom features or magnifiers. Unfortunately, these methods more often than not have detrimental effects — image cropping,
    applications that do not permit setting changes or applications like Microsoft Outlook 2016 that allows changes in some features but not others or allows changes by individual folder but not global.

When I contact technical support they always ignore the cause of the problem and try to come up with one of the answers I list above. When I post a question here I get answers like, "I don't have your problem." I really wonder why they even respond.

What can we do to get software vendors to listen?

rwjustus, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Font Size

Hi Ken,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to change the font size.

• open Kindle app

• Hamburger icon on the top left

• Then select settings

• Click on options and check if you are able to find options for font settings
    You can try this short cut by pressing Ctrl button with scrolling your mouse to zoom the screen size.

Feel free to reply to us for further assistance and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Arul_D, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

can't adjust font size...

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on this forum.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Type fonts on the search bar and select it.

• Click on change font size from the left pane.

• Make changes according.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Wired Screen Resolution and Font size in Some Application - Similar Threads - Wired Screen Resolution

2. WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...: It is NOT my TV. It is NOT resolution. It IS the displayed screen size. I need to bring the borders of my screen IN. EVERY option found online does NOTHING save say... change the resolution... or icon size... where my displayed screen border still DOESN'T FIT regardless of...
  3. WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...: It is NOT my TV. It is NOT resolution. It IS the displayed screen size. I need to bring the borders of my screen IN. EVERY option found online does NOTHING save say... change the resolution... or icon size... where my displayed screen border still DOESN'T FIT regardless of...
  4. WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Increasing font size in applications?

in Windows 10 Support
    Increasing font size in applications?: Hello all- My first post here, so please be gentle *Wink As I age, the default font in most Windows applications seems to get smaller (funny how that happens). While I work in Word 2019 primarily, I suspect what I want to change may well be controlled through the OS. So, is...
  6. Bold fonts in some applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bold fonts in some applications: [ATTACH] I don't know what I did wrong but text in some applications like IDM and Winrar are bold now and it's really annoying (in some cases I can't even see parts of information) . I've tried restoring default font settings in control panel, reinstalling seogoe font...
  7. Application properties font size.

Application properties font size.: Hi, I've had a hard time finding a sweet spot on 1080p laptop regarding font size but I am pretty close after changing the overall scaling to 125% and tweaking all the *Font "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" registry settings...yet fonts in app...
  8. screen size - resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen size - resolution: Just installed Mahjong on my new laptop. The game area is too large and the bottom row of tiles is covered by the ad banner, or if I resize the top row is covered by the game banner...
  9. Screen resolution problems with Some applications

Screen resolution problems with Some applications: I have two windows 10 machines, one with 15" display and resolution of 1920 x 1080, with scale as 100% and the other one with 40" display and resolution set to 3500 x 2029 and scale of 100%. When I try to install a product from Adobe, I get the screens as expected on 15"...
  10. font and screen sizes

font and screen sizes: After downloading Windows 10, I found that the size of webpages and fonts in all screens - email or internet or Word documents - will change size every time I click and drag. Is there any way to set the font size and keep it there until manually changed? 23008

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dragon font too big to select options naturallyspeaking

2. windows font size and screen resolution