Windows 10: Windows 10 Wireless Adapter "Disconnected"

Discus and support Windows 10 Wireless Adapter "Disconnected" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, so today when I tried to connect my laptop to WiFi, I noticed that the WiFi settings have disappeared. Before I have been using ethernet at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Horsland, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Horsland Win User

Windows 10 Wireless Adapter "Disconnected"

Hello, so today when I tried to connect my laptop to WiFi, I noticed that the WiFi settings have disappeared. Before I have been using ethernet at home, so I have no idea when this started, but definetly less than 2 days ago because I was still able to connect to WiFi back then. I checked in Device Manager.

Windows 10 Wireless Adapter "Disconnected" 868ddfc2-e55e-4993-8223-ad91a9cf31f7?upload=true.png

As you can see, the Wireless LAN 802 adapter is greyed out, on the property pannel it says "this hardware is not connected to the computer code 45“ After doing quite some researches online, I have tried all the recommended solutions, including downloading the wireless adapter manually, running file and update scans, trouble shooting scans, resetting winsock, etc. But non have solved this problem. I am wondering if this is a hardware problem, like corrupted drivers or adapter? By the way, I did not do anything to the computer in the past 2 days, didn't get malware or download suspicious programs/files, the only things I have really been using for the past 2 days are Chrome, ExpressVPN, Steam, and Bluestacks.

:)

Horsland, Jul 15, 2020

2. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter connect & disconnect

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Microsoft Products.

I understand your concern that you are unable to connect to Miracast using Microsoft Display Adapter, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to run a Network Adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps:

Follow the steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the Network Adapter.

• Click on Next to perform the Network Adapter troubleshooter and follow the steps.

You may refer to the article below which will help you find the reason why the option 'add a wireless adapter display' will not show up.

Kindly refer to: Why isn't Windows finding my Bluetooth or other wireless device?

For more information on “Project to a wireless display with Miracast” refer the link below:

Project to a wireless display with Miracast

(Above links applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Feel free to get back to us for any further queries related to Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 15, 2020
  3. wireless adapter keeps disconnecting

Hi Barry,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur when the network adapters are not update properly or may be outdated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update network adapters and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x, select
      Device Manager.

• Right click the Network Adapter drivers.

• Select Update driver software.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest WIFI drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=61&system=8

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Wireless display adapters keep disconnecting

Hi Luke,

It's possible that the devices aren't fully compatible, causing the disconnection. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Just to confirm, are you using a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, or is it a third-party device?
    • Did you make any changes to the computers before this started happening?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are using on your computers? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does it get disconnected when using a particular program?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, please post a screenshot.
    • Since you mentioned you've done some troubleshooting steps, can you list them all so that we could move on to the next ones?

Yolvi Ell, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Wireless Adapter "Disconnected" - Similar Threads - Wireless Adapter Disconnected

2. Windows 10 - media disconnected on ethernet and wireless adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - media disconnected on ethernet and wireless adapters: My laptop says media disconnected. Is there any help for this? A new drive was put in and removed and this is what happened when I try to ipconfig to check the connection....
  3. Windows 10 - media disconnected on ethernet and wireless adapters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - media disconnected on ethernet and wireless adapters: My laptop says media disconnected. Is there any help for this? A new drive was put in and removed and this is what happened when I try to ipconfig to check the connection....
  4. Windows 10 - media disconnected on ethernet and wireless adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 Keeps Disconnecting: Hey, I've had this Xbox wireless adapter for exactly 3 months, and this is the new gen, for some reason it keeps disconnecting over and over when plugged into any USB slot of my PC, this occurs with and without the extension cable, I have tried going through all my Universal...
  6. Wireless Adapter frequent disconnects.

Wireless Adapter frequent disconnects.: My Microsoft wireless adapter is only three feet away from my controller in a direct line of sight. Some times there are no connection interruptions at all. Other times I'll have a connection interruption at least once every half hour. Losing the connection is extremely...
  7. Wireless display adapter disconnects

Wireless display adapter disconnects: Hi,I am facing issues with this item.I am using it on a PC Samsung 8 years old running Windows 10.It disconnect after 5 or 10 or15mn. Not always the same time.I have updated all drivers and also the adapter but without success.BUT this adapter works perfectly with my Android...
  8. Xbox Wireless Adapter Disconnect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Wireless Adapter Disconnect: So I recently got a wireless adapter for my controller. It is a 3rd party by Cipon but this problem seems widespread with official products as well. It seems to regularly discconect from my controller about 10-30 minutes, from what I can tell my computer is turning off or...
  9. Wireless adapter disconnects.

Wireless adapter disconnects.: I can browse the internet and watch youtube etc. but when I play online games or use zoom for online meetings, wifi disconnects. I check the wireless adapter on device manager and it says that the device is disconnected. I've already tried uninstalling ang reinstalling the...
  10. Windows 10 - media disconnected on ethernet and wireless adapters

Windows 10 - media disconnected on ethernet and wireless adapters: Hi I have followed the advice given here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/i-get-an-error-media-disconnected-when-i-try-to/c5244f34-f632-4ce4-94e6-14ee2179dfe9?page=1 and here:...