Windows 10: Windows 10 + Wireless XBox360 controller + Final Fantasy XIV

Discus and support Windows 10 + Wireless XBox360 controller + Final Fantasy XIV in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have had some issues that have recently started keeping me from playing my favorite game. Up until about 3-4 weeks ago everything was fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kcrclark, Jan 2, 2019.

1. kcrclark Win User

Windows 10 + Wireless XBox360 controller + Final Fantasy XIV

Hello,

I have had some issues that have recently started keeping me from playing my favorite game. Up until about 3-4 weeks ago everything was fine but now if I power on my XBox 360 controller, my game client immediately crashes with the following errors:

???+ED1DC5

???+193F2E0

gameoverlayrend+A1C24

gameoverlayrend+A1B46

ffxiv.exe+74063

ffxiv.exe+3940F7

ffxiv.exe+7E652

ffxiv.exe+7EBA3

Now, I do understand that several other things can render an overlay so I have systematically tested Steam, the Game Bar, NVidia Experience and Discord by manually disabling each of them. If I try to launch the game in either DirectX or DirectX9, I get the same result, slightly different error codes for DX11. Every one of those overlays causes no issue but if I launch the game with the controller active, it immediately crashes otherwise it launches fine in either mode. In either mode, if I activate the controller after logging in, the game immediately crashes with the above errors (DX9c)

I have tried the following to no avail:

Uninstalling / reinstalling XBox drivers

Complete reinstall of Windows 10 (cleanup)

Uninstall / reinstall Final Fantasy XIV

Complete reinstall of Windows 10 (full reset) then reinstalled FFXIV (this worked fine for a few weeks until the next update to: FFXIV / Windows / my graphics driver)

My question is:

Is there a way to fix this so that I do not have to spend 2 days every other month completely reinstalling every single program I have? I have read the Steam forums, the FFXIV forums, the MS forums, the NVidia forums and I simply can not find a solution.
    What further information would you need to assist?

:)

kcrclark, Jan 2, 2019
  2. glenn50gr Win User

final fantasy refund

Just bought final fantasy for my windows phone and it doesn't work. How do I get a refund for something that rubbish?

glenn50gr, Jan 2, 2019
  3. My Xbox360 Wireless Controller doesn't work with Play & Charge kit on Windows 10

I am having similar issues with a Xbox360 controller, unfortunately I do not have the wireless adapter but have it plugged into a usb port.

Have already tried all the solutions you have listed and am still getting no where with the controller, it simply does not work on Win10.

Also Xbox support is nonexistent, have tried that avenue several times and have never received any type of reply.

teh dannrz, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 + Wireless XBox360 controller + Final Fantasy XIV

Microsoft XBOX360 wireless reciever

Will the Microsoft XBOX360 wireless reciever work with windows 10 or do i need to get the xb1 version?

Dregden Yor, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 + Wireless XBox360 controller + Final Fantasy XIV

1. Windows 10 + Wireless XBox360 controller + Final Fantasy XIV - Similar Threads - Wireless XBox360 controller

2. BSOD Error when I play Final Fantasy XIV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Error when I play Final Fantasy XIV: Hello, recently I have made a hardware upgrade CPU, motherboard, graphics card and PSU and every time I play Final Fantasy XIV, I have intermitent BSOD problems.This was the latest error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a...
  3. BSOD Error when I play Final Fantasy XIV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error when I play Final Fantasy XIV: Hello, recently I have made a hardware upgrade CPU, motherboard, graphics card and PSU and every time I play Final Fantasy XIV, I have intermitent BSOD problems.This was the latest error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a...
  4. BSOD Error when I play Final Fantasy XIV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. [Tech issues] [BSOD while playing Final Fantasy XIV]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Tech issues] [BSOD while playing Final Fantasy XIV]: Hey guys, I've seen the other posts on the forum and none seem to be quite like mine. Ive tried everything I recently upgrade from a laptop to a pc. My brother built it for me. Mid December 2020. Some specs CPU: RYZEN 5 3600 GPU: Nvidia 3060ti FE Ram: Corsair Vengence 16gb...
  6. xbox360 wireless controller adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox360 wireless controller adapter: Have a xbox360 wireless controller adapter, in Dev Manager it showed as xbox360, but after a repair upgrade it now shows as unknown, despite numerous attempts to install the driver it remains unchanged any ideas please ? Thanks 158453
  7. Final Fantasy XIV crashes, gives DX11 errors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Final Fantasy XIV crashes, gives DX11 errors: Not sure if this is in any way related to the dreaded 11002 error or not, but I've disabled my overlays (Discord, which stopped working a long time ago anyway, Microsoft Gamebar, and GeForce Experience) just in case. I've tried reinstalling the game, reinstalling my drivers,...
  8. BSOD while playing Final Fantasy XIV, Critical Process Died

BSOD while playing Final Fantasy XIV, Critical Process Died: Hey there, this is my first post on this forum. Really needing help because I'm flat-out lost right now. PC first crashed in FFXIV, screen froze for about 5 seconds before the computer just abruptly powered off, no BSoD. Then rebooted, put in my credentials for login, it...
  9. Final Fantasy XIV Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Final Fantasy XIV Issues: Short of doing a reinstall of the game, can anyone think of any ways to solve the following issues? Very slow zoning times. This was not an issue on windows 8 or 7. Loading times have doubled. Game will not close, it freezes and sits as not responding upon selecting...
  10. BSOD playing Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward bugcheck 0x0000004e

BSOD playing Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward bugcheck 0x0000004e: Was playing this game and my game crashed, unsure what the issue is, everything was fine until today. Attachment 139548 86801