Windows 10: Windows 10 with amd totally freezes on idle

Discus and support Windows 10 with amd totally freezes on idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows almost every hour totally freezes, but only if I don't do anything or just browsing. I have played for hours Assasin - no problem, trained... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Insaf.A., Aug 23, 2018.

1. Insaf.A. Win User

Windows 10 with amd totally freezes on idle

My windows almost every hour totally freezes, but only if I don't do anything or just browsing. I have played for hours Assasin - no problem, trained model with 100% CPU utilization for the night- no problem. So I believe this problem related with idle and power problem. Same problems may come with linux. Using Remote desktop (RDP) - might be trigger, but bug comes without even it/

Last chipset drivers installed, last video drivers, BIOS F23 - the last available version installed.

I tried to disable cool&quiet, global c-state control, power supply method - didnt help in BIOS settings.

Tried max performance and AMD balanced mode - same problem

My windows 10 1803 is only with up to june updates, is july updates is needed?

My PC:
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor
    Deepcool 530W Explorer DE530 PWM 120mm fan - powersupply
    Gigabyte GA-AB350M-DS3H V1.1 - motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor
    1070ti gtx
    SSD
    RAM: Samsung M378A2K43CB1-CTD 16GB (ram checked - no problem)

what can I do?

:)

Insaf.A., Aug 23, 2018
  2. Airider Win User

Total system freeze/lock-up consistantly after 5 min idle

Am normally NOT using Powershell (either cmd or run) and have Classic Shell Win7 anyway, but trying these, all listed with diff names in start

Windows 10 with amd totally freezes on idle [​IMG]

and ....?

Airider, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Airider Win User
    Total system freeze/lock-up consistantly after 5 min idle

There was no Chkdsk listed in the log files, so instead of running Chkdsk/ f, this time ran Chkdsk.

Airider, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Windows 10 with amd totally freezes on idle

Windows 10 upgrade crashes while computer is idle.

Based on the Defrag suggestion, in Windows 10, I launched Task Scheduler, expanded the menu list on the left side and found the Defrag task item and hunted around on the tabs until I found a screen which had an "Enable" check box and UNCHECKED it. As a
    result the Defrag task showed up as Disabled.

It has been 15 hours and my idle computer hasn't frozen. It looks like there is some incompatibility between AMD boards (I have a Socket 939 Abit board... I know, it's old....) and Windows 10 automatic defrag launcher. I haven't tried a manual defrag yet,
    but at least the box isn't freezing on idle.

Bill Nettles, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 with amd totally freezes on idle

1. Windows 10 with amd totally freezes on idle - Similar Threads - amd totally freezes

2. Total laptop freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Total laptop freeze: While working in Autocad, the laptop freezes. The only thing that helps is a hard reset.These are the errors:First error [ Name] IPF [ Guid] {d3cb85d1-d61c-4bcf-9674-7910ee54d6af} EventID 17 Version 0 Level 2 Task 0 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000000000000000 - TimeCreated [...
  3. Windows 10 freezes when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes when idle: Hello all,My Pc freezes when it is idle and I have to hit the physical button to re-start it. When it is in the state of freezing I remark that the fans are running at high speed. when I check events there are many errors:Essent error event ID 623EventLog error event ID...
  4. Windows 10 freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 freezes when idle: Well, I am one more that have this problem.Sofar:Completly new installation from scratchAll settings in power set for maximum performance, no sleeep etcC-state in Bios disabled.IMI set for no sleep in Devmgr.However when I launch powercfg in a comand window, it says that...
  5. Windows 10 Total System Freeze

Windows 10 Total System Freeze: Hi folks, Having issues recently on Windows 10 where my entire system will freeze up, but ONLY Microsoft stuff. This means my desktop, task manager, the task bar, Visual Studio, etc. Google Chrome remains totally fine and usable, as does Discord and others. The only solution...
  6. Windows 10 total random freeze

Windows 10 total random freeze: My Window 10 laptop is frequently (every day or two) completely freezing. The screen is simply frozen, and the mouse and keyboard are not responsive at all (e.g. NumLock light does not change when the key is pressed). The normal power off button does nothing until held down...
  7. Windows 10 freeze after idle

Windows 10 freeze after idle: Hello, I recently upgraded my laptop (E6430 Latitude) manually from 1803 to 1809. After some days I decided to purchase a new solid state drive, so I used a migration tool (Samsung Data Migration) to copy my system in order to avoid clean format. Everything seen to be fine,...
  8. Windows 10 freeze (AMD drivers)

Windows 10 freeze (AMD drivers): Hello! First of all I apologize in advance for my English. So, few days ago my pc (a clevo notebook) suddenly got stuck during a gaming session (with a pretty light game) and the only thing that I could do was shut it down through the power button. After that, whenever I...
  9. Total system freeze/lock-up consistantly after 5 min idle

Total system freeze/lock-up consistantly after 5 min idle: Ever since (several times updated) v1703 my HP 840 EliteBook with powerful correct SSD and continually updated everything (incl. all drivers) will totally freeze/lock-up the entire system including the clock after 5 minutes idle (moving the cursor will reset the time limit)....
  10. Total Computer Freeze

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Total Computer Freeze: So my computer started running a bit slower then it should be, at the point where my computer to open would take half a min, so i did fresh install. So i left installation overnight, i wake up in the morning and it say "Hi there" installation menu where you choose Country,...