Windows 10: Windows 10 with BitLocker: AutoUnlock second drive for data recovery

Discus and support Windows 10 with BitLocker: AutoUnlock second drive for data recovery in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a BitLocker setup where C: is encrypted and D: as well using the same encryption setup. D: is set to auto unlock upon startup and that works... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by spacefights, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 with BitLocker: AutoUnlock second drive for data recovery

I have a BitLocker setup where C: is encrypted and D: as well using the same encryption setup. D: is set to auto unlock upon startup and that works well under normal circumstances.

I am facing now a data recovery task. Booting Windows 10 into a recovery console allows me to unlock the C: drive using the BitLocker recovery key and then enter the users password. I do fail to access the D: drive though - how is that possible from the recovery console?

:)

spacefights, Apr 16, 2020
  2. slim142 Win User

Data Recovery for Mac (OSX Capitan) ?

Anybody knows of a good data recovery software for mac? Preferably free?

I use Active@ Data Recovery for Windows, but honestly no idea what to use for Mac OSX.

Any suggestions?

slim142, Apr 16, 2020
  3. mcraygsx Win User
    Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

As you can see BitLocker Option is not highlighted for selection. It's like Windows does not even recognize this drive as a locked drive. And this drive does contain lot of Data.

Windows 10 with BitLocker: AutoUnlock second drive for data recovery QDhU4Ht.png

mcraygsx, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 with BitLocker: AutoUnlock second drive for data recovery

Activate Bitlocker for data drive partition

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

BitLocker
    Drive Encryption is one of the best security tools of Windows operating system. This feature of
    Windows 10 safeguards your stored data in fixed or removable drives of your storage system. When you turn on
    BitLocker it saves data on any drive and encrypt it automatically. When you encrypt drive, it
    protects everything with passwords on that drive whether it is file or document. In today’s
    Windows 10 tutorial, we will take you through Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker process with
    BitLocker which will support your system in protecting its data.

Get Into BitLocker Drive Encryption Window in Windows 10

To Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker you need to access BitLocker Encryption Window First. For this,

• Open Cortana Search.
    • Type BitLocker in the search field.
    • And in the search results select Manage BitLocker option.
    • BitLocker
      Drive Encryption window pops up on your screen.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 with BitLocker: AutoUnlock second drive for data recovery

1. Windows 10 with BitLocker: AutoUnlock second drive for data recovery - Similar Threads - BitLocker AutoUnlock second

2. Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive: Today my home laptop system asked for bit locker password after booting up before login. Bit locker encryption was not enabled by me. However, to make the computer usable, C drive was formatted since there was no critical data in C Drive. However D Drive is still encrypted....
  3. Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive: Today my home laptop system asked for bit locker password after booting up before login. Bit locker encryption was not enabled by me. However, to make the computer usable, C drive was formatted since there was no critical data in C Drive. However D Drive is still encrypted....
  4. Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to re-set bitlocker autounlock in Windows 10 Home version

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to re-set bitlocker autounlock in Windows 10 Home version: Hi, After I upgraded my C: drive to a larger SSD, I found my D: is locked as shown below. I encountered a few error messages because the D: is not available after each reboot. I had to provide a key to unlock it before assessing the data after each reboot. Is it possible to...
  6. Bitlocker working on OS drive, not on second drive fixed data drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker working on OS drive, not on second drive fixed data drive: I am running W10 pro, 19041. I have had to do a fresh install of W10 and since then I cannot switch bitlocker on on the D: drive. The disk is not even shown on the Bitlocker Drive encryption settings page. The C: drive has bitlocker enabled and is encrypted. Have been...
  7. Data Recovery from Bitlocker Encrypted Drive Fail

Data Recovery from Bitlocker Encrypted Drive Fail: Hi friends, I'm using Windows 10, Version10.0.18363 Build 18363 I'm in a bit of a jam. Thanks to a faulty USB cable, my 8TB external hard-drive disconnected while decrypting the data. And so now it's not accepting my password, which I know is correct. I get the first...
  8. Windows 10 drive data recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 drive data recovery: Hi! Dear team members this is first time im asking a question. I reset my windows 10 unconsciously. After reset my E:/ drive data has also been erased. I have tried a recovery software Wondershare Recoverit but it doesn't detects all of the data of my drive. My data was very...
  9. Need help - Bitlocker locked drive data recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help - Bitlocker locked drive data recovery: Hi, Unfortunately, I have lost my drive E data after running clean command using DiskPart utility and drive was locked by bitlocker. Please help me to know, what are chances to recover data & how? where as I have bitlocker key. Note: it has some changes to the drive E...
  10. BitLocker set to AutoUnlock on Windows 10 Home, how to remove?

BitLocker set to AutoUnlock on Windows 10 Home, how to remove?: I got this rather strange problem with BitLocker. I have a WD Elements 2TB external HDD that is BitLocker Encrypted on Windows 10 Pro on my Desktop PC. Now, probably because for convenience I previously set it to auto-unlock as to not have to always input my password whenever...