Windows 10: Windows 10 won't accept certain amount of ram

Discus and support Windows 10 won't accept certain amount of ram in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! Recently I've had encountered troubles where Windows 10 won't boot due to there being 64gb of ram installed. It does fine with 48gb 16x3, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AidanO'Flynn, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Windows 10 won't accept certain amount of ram

Hello! Recently I've had encountered troubles where Windows 10 won't boot due to there being 64gb of ram installed. It does fine with 48gb 16x3, even with 56 16x3 + 8x1, but it refuses to boot into windows with 64gb. I've tried clocking the ram at different speeds, but it doesn't make a difference. Any form of Linux posts with all 64gb of ram. So I know for a fact it isn't a hardware issue. Here are my specs;i7 870064gb DDr4 3600mhz Team T-Force Dark Za 16x2 kit x2RTX 3060 Ti700W PSUGigabyte Z390 Gaming XI've updated all the drivers, and I've tried with a different 16gb stick of memory a

:)

AidanO'Flynn, Aug 2, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Doug399 Win User
    After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 won't accept certain amount of ram

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 won't accept certain amount of ram

1. Windows 10 won't accept certain amount of ram - Similar Threads - won't accept certain

2. windows explorer usege high amount of RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer usege high amount of RAM: I have this problem: Sometimes Windows Explorer uses a lot of RAM. Why does it use so much?my update is 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-usege-high-amount-of-ram/c0a3d670-4864-4940-94b3-07dc4333f76a
  3. Incorrectly showing the amount of RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrectly showing the amount of RAM: Hello to all dear supportersFor some time now, when I work with my laptop, I feel that the laptop has slowed down, and after inquiry, we found out that the RAM of my laptop has changed from 8 gigs to 4 gigs!Every time after turning on the RAM a few times, it becomes 8 again...
  4. Incorrectly showing the amount of RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrectly showing the amount of RAM: Hello to all dear supportersFor some time now, when I work with my laptop, I feel that the laptop has slowed down, and after inquiry, we found out that the RAM of my laptop has changed from 8 gigs to 4 gigs!Every time after turning on the RAM a few times, it becomes 8 again...
  5. Acceptable amount of sector errors on SDD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acceptable amount of sector errors on SDD?: I have Win 10 updated to latest version with a SSD as a boot device. But now and then there are sector errors, which the OS repairs automatically. This is very annoying and sometimes the PC can't even boot, and I have to use a rescue usb stick and do repairs. I assume disk...
  6. Windows 10 won't accept PIN.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't accept PIN.: Hello. My computer Windows 10 hasn't been used for a while, and now won't accept my pin. The computer is not hooked up to the internet, and I am at a loss as to what to do. I've tried booting from a USB drive, but I can't get that to work either. Please help....
  7. Windows OS won't boot after certain amount of RAM installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows OS won't boot after certain amount of RAM installed: Hi Everyone!So, I've recently attempted to upgrade my work station rig from 32Gb to 64Gb of RAM, and while the PC posts successfully and its detected in the BIOS, the Windows 10 OS refuses to run entirely. All my ram sticks are 16Gb per module and are all the same. When I...
  8. Windows 10 won't accept key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't accept key: I have removed and reinstalled Windows 10 on my iMac (running Catalina) running Parallels. I had to delete it several times after the update to Catalina as several functions, the most important being it wouldn't recognize my printer, were not working. After the forth time...
  9. Windows 10 1903 - Large Amounts of Hardware Reserved RAM

Windows 10 1903 - Large Amounts of Hardware Reserved RAM: Hi all, Are there any documented cases of the Windows 10 1903 build allocating large amounts of hardware reserved RAM? I have an 8GB HP Envy x360, but it says that 2.1GB RAM is hardware reserved. Having spoken with HP and tried to troubleshoot using msconfig and...
  10. Odd RAM Amounts

Odd RAM Amounts: I have the impression that 10 uses RAM in a fairly even way, as in more RAM=faster performance. My experience with XP was that it had a "sweet spot", I always ran it with 2GB of RAM. But I'm wondering if the more is faster depending on amount is really true for one thing, but...