Windows 10: Windows 10 won't accept key

Discus and support Windows 10 won't accept key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have removed and reinstalled Windows 10 on my iMac (running Catalina) running Parallels. I had to delete it several times after the update to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JudithWalker3, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 won't accept key

I have removed and reinstalled Windows 10 on my iMac (running Catalina) running Parallels. I had to delete it several times after the update to Catalina as several functions, the most important being it wouldn't recognize my printer, were not working. After the forth time it finally seems to be working as it should and now it won't recognize my key.

I have not installed Windows 10 anywhere else. I am just trying to get it up and running on my one computer.

When I reinstalled the first three times the key worked. I just need it to be accepted so I can use Windows 10 for my Quicken for Windows program and a few craft programs.

I purchased Windows 10 through the Apple Store online on August 30, 2019.

Please can you help me activate my copy of Windows 10?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Sincerely,

Judith Walker

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

JudithWalker3, Oct 13, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Doug399 Win User
    After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 won't accept key

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 won't accept key

1. Windows 10 won't accept key - Similar Threads - won't accept key

2. Windows 10 Product Key not accepted

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Product Key not accepted: We have a client using a Windows 10 Surface, purchased some years ago.The windows installation is asking for its activation key, which is not currently known, we have tried the following:CMD: wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey -> This gives a key...
  3. Windows 10 Product Key not accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Product Key not accepted: We have a client using a Windows 10 Surface, purchased some years ago.The windows installation is asking for its activation key, which is not currently known, we have tried the following:CMD: wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey -> This gives a key...
  4. Windows 10 Product Key not accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 won't accept PIN.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't accept PIN.: Hello. My computer Windows 10 hasn't been used for a while, and now won't accept my pin. The computer is not hooked up to the internet, and I am at a loss as to what to do. I've tried booting from a USB drive, but I can't get that to work either. Please help....
  6. Windows 10 won't accept my new product key

Windows 10 won't accept my new product key: After a hard drive crash, I purchased a new drive and a new license for Windows 10 pro from Amazon. My system was previously the Home edition. I installed the new copy of Windows using the USB drive per instructions. After installation I am seeing that my system is still the...
  7. windows 10 will not accept product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 will not accept product key: I purchased windows 10 for a computer that I had owned. I replaced the computer and reloaded windows 10 into the new computer. Windows 10 will not accept the product key that came with the software...
  8. Windows 10 asking for Activation - purchased but won't accept Activiation Key

Windows 10 asking for Activation - purchased but won't accept Activiation Key: Over a year ago purchased a computer. Windows 10 and Office Professional Plus 2016 installed. Now being asked to Activate Windows 10 and also Office. Purchased Windows 10 from Microsoft Store, installed but won't accept product key. Comes up with code 0xC004F074. Yet...
  9. Product Key won't be accepted

Product Key won't be accepted: I recently had a crash on my computer from which my Hard Drive could not recover. As a result I lost Windows 10 and all programs on that Hard Drive. I am now trying to fix my computer. I have installed Windows 7 using my old install disk but cannot upgrade back to Windows 10...
  10. Key Not Accepted

Key Not Accepted: I have a key for personal Office 365 however when I enter it doesn't install. The card has never been used as I had to scratch of the silver on the card. Cant figure out what is wrong....