Windows 10: Windows 10 won't accept my produce id

Discus and support Windows 10 won't accept my produce id in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I attempted to install windows 10 in my newly constructed pc. My first try was via a DVD writer connected via USB and it failed. I tried the DVD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HowardSprout, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Windows 10 won't accept my produce id

I attempted to install windows 10 in my newly constructed pc. My first try was via a DVD writer connected via USB and it failed. I tried the DVD several times before I downloaded Windows install programs from the Microsoft website. Each time I try to activate using the Settings panels I get the following messages:

Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error code: 0xCD04F213

Then, on my attempt to activate:

The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again or select a different one.

I copied the key directly from the label on the DVD envelope. Did my several attempts negate this prod id? Must I buy another?

:)

HowardSprout, Mar 1, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Doug399 Win User
    After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 won't accept my produce id

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 won't accept my produce id

1. Windows 10 won't accept my produce id - Similar Threads - won't accept produce

2. Windows 10 won't accept pin# at login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't accept pin# at login: Hello I made a poor selection while trying to trouble shootan issue with a program on my laptop.I tried booting into diagnostic mode using msconfig, and made wrong selections. When it rebooted it would not accept my pin# to login.I cannot boot into command prompt or do any...
  3. Windows 10 won't accept pin# at login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't accept pin# at login: Hello I made a poor selection while trying to trouble shootan issue with a program on my laptop.I tried booting into diagnostic mode using msconfig, and made wrong selections. When it rebooted it would not accept my pin# to login.I cannot boot into command prompt or do any...
  4. Windows 10 won't accept pin# at login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 won't accept PIN.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't accept PIN.: Hello. My computer Windows 10 hasn't been used for a while, and now won't accept my pin. The computer is not hooked up to the internet, and I am at a loss as to what to do. I've tried booting from a USB drive, but I can't get that to work either. Please help....
  6. Windows 10 won't accept my new product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 won't accept my new product key: After a hard drive crash, I purchased a new drive and a new license for Windows 10 pro from Amazon. My system was previously the Home edition. I installed the new copy of Windows using the USB drive per instructions. After installation I am seeing that my system is still the...
  7. My Windows 10 won't accept my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My Windows 10 won't accept my password: My Windows 10 suddenly denied my password that I've been using since the beginning and I now I can't log in. I've tried resetting my password thrice but there's still no success. I just safe booted my PC then this happened. I need help immediately. Thanks!...
  8. Windows 10 won't accept key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't accept key: I have removed and reinstalled Windows 10 on my iMac (running Catalina) running Parallels. I had to delete it several times after the update to Catalina as several functions, the most important being it wouldn't recognize my printer, were not working. After the forth time...
  9. Windows 10 won't accept password at login

Windows 10 won't accept password at login: When I tried turning on my desktop earlier today I was unable to login. It keeps saying my password is incorrect. Then it tells me i can reset at account.live.com/password/reset . It still didn't work. I've been searching around the internet all day and i still can't seem to...
  10. Windows 10 won't accept my password after an update

Windows 10 won't accept my password after an update: I left my boys laptop on overnight updating windows 10. In the morning when it started up the only account on the PC it wouldn't accept the password , said it was incorrect. I checked using the eye In case keyboard error was typing wrong key. Flight mode has been activated...